Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Non-Lfc CL QF 2nd legs thread

Hahaha brilliant Noods.

Another name for that fixture could be 'El Cashico'.

So sad and so true Noods

Delighted to see Bayern out. No time at all for them. City v Liverpool or Chelsea final here we come

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    The stars are aligning for the Manchester cheats to win the CL and possibly all four trophies.
    There's always been an inevitability about PSG or City winning Big Ears. If they do, which they eventually were always going to, it would be best happening in the most soul-less season of Football to ever exist.

Sports-washing, financial doping, call it what you will - absolutely hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    There's always been an inevitability about PSG or City winning Big Ears. If they do, which they eventually were always going to, it would be best happening in the most soul-less season of Football to ever exist.

Sports-washing, financial doping, call it what you will - absolutely hate it.
    You are not alone in feeling that way. Football has completely sold its soul. The final nail in the coffin will be if/when a European 'Super League' is created.

Porto, Olympiakos, Marseille, Moenchengladbach, Dortmund, PSG

That is/could be Man City's path to winning the CL for the first time. Hardly the most daunting run to the final, with the possibility of the most plastic/soulless final/winner there has ever been.

From beyond the grave Maradona is willing a City, PSG, Chelsea and LFC semifinal.

El Plastico.
    Another name for that fixture could be 'El Cashico'.
    Oil Classico?

You are not alone in feeling that way. Football has completely sold its soul. The final nail in the coffin will be if/when a European 'Super League' is created.

Porto, Olympiakos, Marseille, Moenchengladbach, Dortmund, PSG

That is/could be Man City's path to winning the CL for the first time. Hardly the most daunting run to the final, with the possibility of the most plastic/soulless final/winner there has ever been.
    Yeah the Super League, depending on the format, could make me really zone out. Doubt I'd severe ties completely, but it would become a much less significant part of my life.

I've also said before that I could live with Chinese or Saudi owners (with a decent background) but could never stand by the club being owned by Chinese or Saudi government entities. We were linked with being owned by the Chinese government at a very weird time in our recent past (how genuine these links were I don't know) and I said I'd definitely stop following us in such circumstances and I still stand by it.

In the same way there are some folks in here who dislike FSG (but still follow the club all the same) but probably wouldn't (depending on their politics) follow a Liverpool side owned by a U.S. Republican government, that sort of thing.

As for the sides you mentioned and the lack of soul, there's a very real possibility that the semi-finals will consist of Chelsea, Real Madrid, PSG and Man City, or in other words, Oil, Spanish Government, Oil and Oil with human rights abuses. Hard to think of a more disappointing combination of teams should it pan out that way.

I just want us to be able to spend most of what we earn on the club/team/squad. The more 'respectable' the owner the better.

As for the potential CL semi finalists, not enough people talk about Real Madrid and their links to the Spanish Government, and how they are effectively owned/helped by them, but also how they are helped by the Spanish FA and financial institutions. With those things being the case it's no wonder they've won as much as they have. I'd love to know where they'd be if they hadn't had all that help.