Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2831323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Real Madrid (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    We won both of them...I'm confused as to why Salah is to blame for us winning those competitions.

He scored in the champions league final didnt he?

Look, as I mentioned, Mo is frustrating at times and holds on the ball way too much, but he has scored important goals recently. If he isnt that good, he wont be scoring 20+ goals a season. Come on, Lay off the late night booze boom klopp.
    in the big moments goes missing.

scored a pen in the final, and?

put down the kool aid and use a bit of critical analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well you don't come out of my arse, I shit far better than any Manc everyday of the week, sometimes twice a day
    you’re such an angry wee fella you quote the wrong person!

what’s wrong? mummy put the high waist on too tight?

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    in the big moments goes missing.

scored a pen in the final, and?

put down the kool aid and use a bit of critical analysis.
    Blueberry and cherry Kool aid for the win Boom Klopp, dont diss the cocktail

I'd be quite interested to see the shots and shots on target stats for both tonight and the 4-0 against Barcelona.

I bet you'd find there isn't a huge gulf statistically - the big difference of course being how lacking we were tonight in our ability to put the ball away. Salah's first one is the one causing the biggest headache as it would have been such a tone-setter.

I honestly will be interested to see with our purchases in the summer if Klopp grasps our issues.. I mean teams will not allow us to play through the middle so we are forced wide.. you can see by a pitch map of play. you can draw straight down from our goal to the opposition goal. its so narrow in the middle. The play gets compressed in that part of the pitch. WE play the ball to the side but it gets 'play back inside. The opponents do no move their player from the centre its very compressed.. Now the solution is to get down the side to the by line. don't come back inside and around in front of the opposition for the 900th time. Turn the opponents so they are facing their own goal. rather than them defending the play front on.

I will be interested to see who we go in for. No more pretend inside players like Shaqiri. An out and out wide player who can get the ball across from deep areas..
    Oxlade in the same. I dont know his position is he wide attacker an attacking midfielder? I don't know. Minamino was the same no idea where he plays.
    If your expecting your midfielder to run from deep and attack the opposition and put them on the back foot. You really need a talented attacker. The likes of Miamino are not the answer. I had high hopes for Oxlade Chamberlin at one point. Doubt he will ever get back to the form.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I see we made a complete show of ourselves again attacking the Madrid team bus. Will these utter cretins never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I don't want to speak for him, but I imagine it's because the fact that the player in question is black had really nothing at all (of relevance) to do with the story is why the implication is suspicious.
    Bringing it up (the fact that he's black) apropos of nothing, created an implication that his perceived incompetence was precisely down to the fact that he's black - at least partly, if not largely.

If it has nothing to do with the point you're making, then why bring it up at all?

There might also have been something lost in translation in between there.

It's like me saying,...

"Geez, that bus driver....(as a as aside and with hand to cheek) - who's a woman, by the way (*wink wink * or implied thereof) - is a TERRIBLE driver."
    There are only 2 Porto players I know, Pepe the portugese shaved head former real player and Marega the big black lad up top.

Seemed pretty clear to me that kopop was describing Marega for people who might not know which player hes on about.
    Assuming he didn't have to use racist undertones to describe the Egyptian king.

Seemed rather appropriate to describe him.

Not sure what the fook you are on about at the end, like wink wink, you know black strikers, wink wink Salahs black.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    The word is not the conotation. The fact that Kop on P had to mention the race of the player could show the racist undertone of tje whole thing. Not his post but his post and correction within the ststement reveals a lot

The conotation could have a racist undertone. Many people in European countries are racist some are just low key, P. Conotations like you play like Marega could have a underlying racist connotation.

And the fact that he had to mention Marega is black emphasis it. Racism is very veiled. And i am not saying Kop on Portugal is racist. He is just using a phrase that is there. So the orginators of the thouht statement may not meant as racist as well. But it is these types of things we have to eradicate in sociery.
    I think his post described Marega as black and being unsure if that was the appropriate term he said the Mali lad. Black is an appropriate term to describe a black man.

What are Europeans? Who are they pretty racist in comparison to ?
    Seems you've jumped from could be racist undertones to trying to make it a racist undertone. I'm pretty sure he derided the great white Ricky Lambert, maybe he hates all races equally.

As said to CD seemed he was describing the player by position and race assuming not everyone can recognise the mighty Portos players.
    Eradicate thinly veiled potentially racist undertones, that reads like some cult drivel.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that KopOp is not a racist. Probably a decent fellow on the law of averages.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I honestly will be interested to see with our purchases in the summer if Klopp grasps our issues.. I mean teams will not allow us to play through the middle so we are forced wide.. you can see by a pitch map of play. you can draw straight down from our goal to the opposition goal. its so narrow in the middle. The play gets compressed in that part of the pitch. WE play the ball to the side but it gets 'play back inside. The opponents do no move their player from the centre its very compressed.. Now the solution is to get down the side to the by line. don't come back inside and around in front of the opposition for the 900th time. Turn the opponents so they are facing their own goal. rather than them defending the play front on.

I will be interested to see who we go in for. No more pretend inside players like Shaqiri. An out and out wide player who can get the ball across from deep areas..
    Oxlade in the same. I dont know his position is he wide attacker an attacking midfielder? I don't know. Minamino was the same no idea where he plays.
    If your expecting your midfielder to run from deep and attack the opposition and put them on the back foot. You really need a talented attacker. The likes of Miamino are not the answer. I had high hopes for Oxlade Chamberlin at one point. Doubt he will ever get back to the form.
    There's no reason why we can't play like that with the current players.

Why not switch Mane and Salah onto their natural sides?

Or play 3 at the back and use Trent and Robertson as out and out wing backs?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post

Honestly, when we had Virgil, Hendo and Trent playing the switches, long diagonals and balls over the top we didn't have any issues, need a LCM who can play those balls too, then we can compress play into area left or right and then release a forward and full back in time and space on the opposite side

Full backs and forward on either side needs work, they have to open the channel for each other

Both full backs are guilty of not putting the ball in early enough often enough to turn defences, Robbo's assist for Mo's goal in last seasons 3-1 v City is a perfect example, a lot of times it's not going to create a goal directly, but it's going to turn defences with Mo, Mane or Jota picking it up outside the far post to cut back or play back to the full back or mid to cross first time to the opposite side when the opposition are trying to turn and face and come out

Needs a lot more variation of movement and automation of that so we're stretching and moving opposition defences all over the place throughout games so they can't ever get set and comfortable defending as they want tp
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”