Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1821222324252627282930313233343538 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Real Madrid (CL Match Thread)

So UEFA finally get the semi-final pairings and ties of their dreams.

Oil Team FC versus OTHER Oil Team FC

...and in the other semi,...

Oil Team in white versus Oil Team not in white........FC
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Finishing has been our Achilles all season, never more obvious than tonight when we needed to score.

Mo Salah the worst offender this evening, if he could finish we would have gone through. 3 clear chances and not one gone in to put the opponent under pressure

Real played like a Sam Allardyce team tonight and got away with giving the opposition 5 good chances and them taking none.

Macmanaman’s hard on for Real all night has made me nauseous

Cannot stand him

Typical.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Was great while it lasted but this group hit the wall long ago. Time for a strategy reboot.
    Try telling F$G that

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Who'll want to come and play in this no-Champion's League football team where you get shoved into the bench in the pecking order behind a misfiring Number 9 who never looks like he'll score?

Hey you want to hear something funny?
    I used to hear that promising or good attacking players would never want to come into Liverpool because they feared they'd never be able to break into our front three.

Aaah...the good old days.
    Agree. Firmino is a nailed on starter next season so any number 9 is waisting their time. Ask Jota how hard it is to unseat that guy.

Out with a ****ing whimper.

I can take losing. But losing when you've done your best to sabotage your own chances pees me right off.

The players, manager, and especially our owners need to take a good long look at/have a word with themselves.

Klopp cost us this whole tie. Shit team away, criminal subs second half. Deserves all the stick for this. Oh well, let’s blame the owners and lack of fans. Salah going for glory, but could try and lift it for a team mate....frustrating, not a coward though

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Try telling F$G that
    Or Klopp to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Klopp cost us this whole tie. Shit team away, criminal subs second half. Deserves all the stick for this. Oh well, let’s blame the owners and lack of fans. Salah going for glory, but could try and lift it for a team mate....frustrating, not a coward though
    Yep real also have 3 of the usual back 4 out, we still have no idea but what do you expect starting with that line-up

Well, the finishing aside we looked like Liverpool tonight and played very well for most of this game, the damage was done in the first leg with Jurgen getting it wrong

I absolutely love Mo to bits, scores and has scored so many brilliant, wonderful and vital goals for us, he's our leading scorer this season again, but Mo has cost us tonight as he has cost us numerous points in the league, he's just missed so many glorious early chances to give us an early lead in so many games and it has cost us points, a lot of points, if Mo scores that early chance tonight, we win this game and we're in the semi, no question about it in my mind

He HAS to become world class and having ice in his veins and being ready to take those early chances he gets so frequently clinically, because it's cost us so much this season and has seen us crash out tonight
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”