Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Real Madrid (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    No but hes not a starter.. we need better in defence
    We have better.
    But they were both injured.

Phillips and Kabak were hardly the reason our season fell apart.
    Yes, it didn't help not having the experience (and quality) at the back, but that's what happens when you ignore your transfer window obligations or leave them till the last day of the window.

Most of our problems this season have unquestionably been at the front end of the pitch with out toothlessness in front of goal.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Mo needs to be switched on to take the golden early chances he misses in far too many games, it's cost us this season, in a lot of league games and in tonights games too, love the guy, incredible player, but he really needs to work on that aspect of his game
    so at the age of 29 he needs to work on his finishing?

do you just blow what comes out of your arse high waist boy?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Klopp is a brilliant manager. But we have had this issue in loads of games this season .our play is to narrow.
    He is a brilliant manager......but he needs a brilliant tactician to be at his side when things start going tits up..... Or the budget to buy exactly the squad he wants....

Salah has been the only player that's scored / bailed us out in a lot of games, can't really say anything about him when he's playing along side mane and firmino.... who both need to leave, awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why is mane starting still??

Didn't play firmino AWAY (still does have a impact when it's a different country)!!!

yet play him at home when we need 2 goals?? same with some others

pff

Klopp isn't always blameless
    You're right here isn't blameless. The Keita decision was the catalyst for this and his first 2 subs tonight were baffling (or the Kabak/Milner one anyway) but there's still nobody else I'd/we'd rather have.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Dont be silly just because we lose a QF in the CL it happens.

We lost to a side who are as good as us this wasnt a giant killing.
    My thoughts are not based on thid game. This game was one of our best games refently. Klopp got it right by playing Milner.

My gripe with Klopp is:

1. Player Management. he has favourites. Only trusts a core group. Dont beleive on the squad. Had je played Fab and Hendo in midfield we would not have been so crap. Klopp destroyed our season when he played Jota in a meaningless match. Played Fab in defenfe. Played Henderson in defence. When Trent was crap never dropped him.

2. Firmino

3. Favourites

4. Not a tactical genius. Stuck in his ways

5. His main strength is rapport with thr players, love in. Hugs etc. U dont see that with him and the players anymore.

Injuries and empty stadiums aside. Klopp has been dour.

Salah has been the only player that's scored / bailed us out in a lot of games, can't really say anything about him when he's playing along side mane and firmino.... who both need to leave, awful.
    except in the really big moments in the elite competitions like european cup and club world cup he goes missing....

yep top draw.

True but he getd paid 200 000 quid a week. So should he be praised for doing his job. He should be slated for not doing it like the amount he misses. The amount he mishits and mis controls. .

So because others are crap doesnt mean he should be praised for doing okay.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    He is a brilliant manager......but he needs a brilliant tactician to be at his side when things start going tits up..... Or the budget to buy exactly the squad he wants....
    Yeah and we need the players in a certain position..we dont have natural wide players who can go around the full back and turn the opponents around.. That allows your midfield to be able to get into the box.. We play in front of teams to often.doesnt help our midfield at all. they spend their time just passing across from side to side.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Like we Porto supporters say here in Portugal, Liverpool play with Marega up front. Why this phrase. Marega is that bmguy up front from FC Porto, I don't know if I could say black here, Marega is from Mali. And for Marega the ball isn't a real ball, is like a square, he can't score, he cant pass the fucking ball either. And Liverpoo have is own Marega, is Salah. He score some screamers, he is our best goal scorer but how many easy chances he miss? I'm tired, if he want to go, I'm happy if someone pay 100M for him, but I don't really see someone pay that amount for him. Tonight Iost my patient with him, he can't score a fucking goal.
    I'm piss off with him.
    Klopp isn't blameless either, Jota on the bench with Mane a shadow of a player he was.

Tonight with one proper striker we will be on semi final