Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Real Madrid (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Dont like the black conotation and i know u dont mean bad with it so all good. but your thoughts are 1000% correct. I agree about Salah.
    Wasn't a bad connotation about that thing of colour but it's for people here understand what player I was talking about, if someone know about FC Porto squad.
    FC Porto coach was to blame yesterday too, he keep put Marega up front but the guy is awful, awful, he only run a lot and nothing else. About Salah some people don't agree but he can't score, he miss of passes and I believe he is a selfish that can ruin a dressing room.
    I will be happy If he go and someone pay 100Mfor him

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Making top4 would be a great end to a shitty season

Very hard to predict what happens in the summer though now.

The recent buy in should see funds there to spend. Wouldn't be surprised to see a big player leave

Trust kloop to have solutions lined up.
    I predict that we won't spend much in the summer and that we'll still have many of the same deficiencies as those we currently have.

My thoughts are not based on thid game. This game was one of our best games refently. Klopp got it right by playing Milner.

My gripe with Klopp is:

1. Player Management. he has favourites. Only trusts a core group. Dont beleive on the squad. Had je played Fab and Hendo in midfield we would not have been so crap. Klopp destroyed our season when he played Jota in a meaningless match. Played Fab in defenfe. Played Henderson in defence. When Trent was crap never dropped him.

2. Firmino

3. Favourites

4. Not a tactical genius. Stuck in his ways

5. His main strength is rapport with thr players, love in. Hugs etc. U dont see that with him and the players anymore.

Injuries and empty stadiums aside. Klopp has been dour.
    Fab and Gomez are Jurgen's favourites, they've got in the side when they shouldn't have far too many times, Fab never should have come back in ahead of last season's Champions League last 16, because we'd played better without him and played differently without him and become pretty reliant on Hendo organising everyone around him and picking out switches and long diagonals and balls over the top that Fab just doesn't have, Matip is a far superior defender than Gomez will ever be, but he didn't give him minutes to get him back in for last years last 16

The Liverpool way has always been if a player comes in and does better than the player he came in for he keeps the shirt until such times as the player he took the shirt of raises his game above the new standards that have been set when he gets an opportunity, neither Fab or Gomez have done that, Fab hasn't since his injury last season and Gomez has never ever been better than Matip, that's what favouritism is
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Dont like the black conotation and i know u dont mean bad with it so all good. but your thoughts are 1000% correct. I agree about Salah.
    Don't think there is anything wrong with calling a player black. It's not like he said "the black one" Lets not get too touchy about a topic thats been discussed time and time again, by black, white and brown players alike.

5. His main strength is rapport with thr players, love in. Hugs etc. U dont see that with him and the players anymore.
    Strange comment. Actually he does still come out and hug the players when we win. That just hasn’t been as often as it should be.

Listen, Klopp is far from perfect, not many managers are. He makes strange substitutions and even stranger starting 11s but more often than not in a normal season it works for him.

Before wishing him to resign tonight, try to remember that we still need to get top four this season. Who do you suggest we bring in tomorrow to replace him?
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fab and Gomez are Jurgen's favourites, they've got in the side when they shouldn't have far too many times, Fab never should have come back in ahead of last season's Champions League last 16, because we'd played better without him and played differently without him and become pretty reliant on Hendo organising everyone around him and picking out switches and long diagonals and balls over the top that Fab just doesn't have, Matip is a far superior defender than Gomez will ever be, but he didn't give him minutes to get him back in for last years last 16

The Liverpool way has always been if a player comes in and does better than the player he came in for he keeps the shirt until such times as the player he took the shirt of raises his game above the new standards that have been set when he gets an opportunity, neither Fab or Gomez have done that, Fab hasn't since his injury last season and Gomez has never ever been better than Matip, that's what favouritism is
    How would you recalibrate the side ?
    Hendo 6, trent rcm ? Fab rb/cb ?

Other system/s?
    Think we need to develop more systems of play myself.

Shit happens, no point worrying about it. It been a shit season in every aspect. What will be will be come the end of the season and we'll go again next season.

How would you recalibrate the side ?
    Hendo 6, trent rcm ? Fab rb/cb ?

Other system/s?
    Think we need to develop more systems of play myself.
    Sign another quick commanding CB, Fabian Ruiz and Neto, then we have the squad to play 433, 4231, 442 or 4411

To be fair though, we do tweak the 433 tactically quite a lot for different opposition so it becomes a different system and way of playing, you wouldn't think we do reading here mind, because a great many people miss the minor tactical tweaks, they talk like we play 433 the same way every game, and nothing could be further from the truth
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

You have your favourites too 19. Blindly love Firmino where he is no where near what he needs to be. Fab is great as a CDM.

Putting him back to CB today was bizarre. Having him back in midfield has given us something different. Kabak and phillips were doing pretty well all game and have done quite well since being a partnership. The three goals at Madrid weren't their fault. TAA and Alison cost us the game, with Klopp playing Keita and even worse, taking Milner off who was till the sub, was MOTM. Alison has been careless for a while and actually made a good double save today. Apart from that, he wasn't really troubled.

I actually really like Phillips and Kabak. Not our first choice, but credit where its due. They do their job.

What is your preferred connotation ?
    Black seems to be the correct term
    I don't want to speak for him, but I imagine it's because the fact that the player in question is black had really nothing at all (of relevance) to do with the story is why the implication is suspicious.
    Bringing it up (the fact that he's black) apropos of nothing, created an implication that his perceived incompetence was precisely down to the fact that he's black - at least partly, if not largely.

If it has nothing to do with the point you're making, then why bring it up at all?

There might also have been something lost in translation in between there.

It's like me saying,...

"Geez, that bus driver....(as a as aside and with hand to cheek) - who's a woman, by the way (*wink wink * or implied thereof) - is a TERRIBLE driver."
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!