Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Real Madrid (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What is your preferred connotation ?
    Black seems to be the correct term
    The word is not the conotation. The fact that Kop on P had to mention the race of the player could show the racist undertone of tje whole thing. Not his post but his post and correction within the ststement reveals a lot

The conotation could have a racist undertone. Many people in European countries are racist some are just low key, P. Conotations like you play like Marega could have a underlying racist connotation.

And the fact that he had to mention Marega is black emphasis it. Racism is very veiled. And i am not saying Kop on Portugal is racist. He is just using a phrase that is there. So the orginators of the thouht statement may not meant as racist as well. But it is these types of things we have to eradicate in sociery.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Shit happens, no point worrying about it. It been a shit season in every aspect. What will be will be come the end of the season and we'll go again next season.
    If we play with that intensity and that amount of the automaton we used to have that has been missing for too many games this season through unenforced changing of too many things and actually put our fucking chances away, or at least 2 of them, we WILL win every one of our remaining games and finish top four
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If we play with that intensity and that amount of the automaton we used to have that has been missing for too many games this season through unenforced changing of too many things and actually put our fucking chances away, or at least 2 of them, we WILL win every one of our remaining games and finish top four
    just another one of those nights like Athli last season. We couldn't put a game too bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    Wasn't a bad connotation about that thing of colour but it's for people here understand what player I was talking about, if someone know about FC Porto squad.
    FC Porto coach was to blame yesterday too, he keep put Marega up front but the guy is awful, awful, he only run a lot and nothing else. About Salah some people don't agree but he can't score, he miss of passes and I believe he is a selfish that can ruin a dressing room.
    I will be happy If he go and someone pay 100Mfor him
    Kop u dont have to explain. I inderstand what you meant and how you meant it. I know u not racist or meant anything bad. It is just u dont have to say Marega the black player. Same as you wont say or try to explain who Vardy is by saying the white player.

On Salah i have said from the first weeks je cane think the Man City game we lost 5-0 that he is not all that. I have been consistent for 4 years about it. He is good not world class. He is selfish but misses chances that are sitters.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    The word is not the conotation. The fact that Kop on P had to mention the race of the player could show the racist undertone of tje whole thing. Not his post but his post and correction within the ststement reveals a lot

The conotation could have a racist undertone. Many people in European countries are racist some are just low key, P. Conotations like you play like Marega could have a underlying racist connotation.

And the fact that he had to mention Marega is black emphasis it. Racism is very veiled. And i am not saying Kop on Portugal is racist. He is just using a phrase that is there. So the orginators of the thouht statement may not meant as racist as well. But it is these types of things we have to eradicate in sociery.
    "Implication" is the word you're looking for.

See my response to CCTV.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Don't think there is anything wrong with calling a player black. It's not like he said "the black one" Lets not get too touchy about a topic thats been discussed time and time again, by black, white and brown players alike.
    Doc. That is the problem. That is why Ba and his team mates walked off. Kop is in no way racist or meaning bad.

If i asked you to tell someone who is Dennis Beegkamp or Gerrard. U will not in anu of your sentences say the white player. So same must apply to black players. It is just Moussa Marega the Porto striker. It is not Mo Salah the Arab player. It is just Mo Salah. It is not Fabinho the brown player just Fsbinho. Not Henderson the white player just Hendo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    You have your favourites too 19. Blindly love Firmino where he is no where near what he needs to be. Fab is great as a CDM.
    There are plenty better in the Prem, Hendo's better, Hendo didn't get any preferential treatment, he got replaced at No6 by fab, took it on the chin, looked at what Fab brought that Jurgen thought he didn't, worked really fucking hard to improve to be able to do the things Fab was doing he hadn't been better than Fab and when he had to step in for him, he was better, Fab has categorically not done the same and raised his game above the new standard Hendo set, so I don't care how people love his want of a tackle, when Hendo's fit, he doesn't get in the team for me

Why there are many better CDMs in the league than Fab is because they read the game better, they know when to press or go to attempt a tackle and when to stay with a player or in an area, Fab just doesn't have that, Kante, N'Didi, Rice, Fernandinho, Rodri and a fair few others all have that and are better CDMs than Fab

First leg v Real, we have 3 players v 1 defending, Fab is right by Modric, he runs in to a situation he has no need or right to run into, and in doing so, gives their player getting crowded out with nothing on an easy option to find Modric, who tees their lad up for their third

Against Villa, player gets wrong side of Gini, but it is recoverable for Gini, Fab has McGinn in his area, charges in, instead of taking a good position to hold the player up for Gini to recover and to stop any ball in to their forward or to McGinn and gives the player an easy ball to McGinn, who feeds Watkins under no pressure as he's breezed into the acres of space Fab just left and they score.

He does it all the fucking time mate, at least 2 or 3 times a game, it's not good enough
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Strange comment. Actually he does still come out and hug the players when we win. That just hasn’t been as often as it should be.

Listen, Klopp is far from perfect, not many managers are. He makes strange substitutions and even stranger starting 11s but more often than not in a normal season it works for him.

Before wishing him to resign tonight, try to remember that we still need to get top four this season. Who do you suggest we bring in tomorrow to replace him?
    Go watch the hugs last season and before. Look at the senior players. Look at when players are subbed. Look at the interaction and compare to other years.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    "Implication" is the word you're looking for.

See my response to CCTV.
    Your response is tops. But i stand by connotation. There are different levels or dsplays of racist tendency. There are those who howl like monkey or call you by a racist term. Those are obvious. It is those "well meaning" it is not what we meant which is dangerous. Like the caricature of Serena Williams in 2019. It is just a drawing but if you look you can see the sunliminal and racist undertone of society.

We must move away from this. U gave an educated explanation CD without calling it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    just another one of those nights like Athli last season. We couldn't put a game too bed.
    Ja it is. At least i am going to bed frustrstrrated and mad but not humiliatef. The bous bled out there tonight. If Salah scores that early one we could b3 singing Allez Allez now. Unlucky.