Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Real Madrid (CL Match Thread)

the long balls over the top DO NOT WORK against teams that are playing a low block. There is no space down the lines...
    The full backs are not working as well. because teams are double banking Mane and Salah.. Leaving Robbo and Trent to far deep..WE need a tricky attacker in the wide areas..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Regarding Firmino next time he does a back heal in midfield.. If i was the manager i would take him off.. Arrogance is not called for. considering hes only scored 6 times this season and its the middle of April. and 2 of them came in 1 game.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    There are only 2 Porto players I know, Pepe the portugese shaved head former real player and Marega the big black lad up top.

Seemed pretty clear to me that kopop was describing Marega for people who might not know which player hes on about.
    Assuming he didn't have to use racist undertones to describe the Egyptian king.

Seemed rather appropriate to describe him.

Not sure what the fook you are on about at the end, like wink wink, you know black strikers, wink wink Salahs black.
    Negro is the correct term in describing a black player.....Really not sure why anyone on here feels the need to jump on the f**king racist bus for Christs sake.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Negro is the correct term in describing a black player.
    I was under the impression that "negro" was quite an outdated term now.

Will confess to being largely clueless on the subject.

That makes it 30 times that Real Madrid have made a Champions League semi final.... Yep the big fat three zero..!!

10 times more than any other club.. And plenty were happy with the draw..?

I doubt the Sky generation (Premier League inception) could ever have been more misguided in their outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I think his post described Marega as black and being unsure if that was the appropriate term he said the Mali lad. Black is an appropriate term to describe a black man.

What are Europeans? Who are they pretty racist in comparison to ?
    Seems you've jumped from could be racist undertones to trying to make it a racist undertone. I'm pretty sure he derided the great white Ricky Lambert, maybe he hates all races equally.

As said to CD seemed he was describing the player by position and race assuming not everyone can recognise the mighty Portos players.
    Eradicate thinly veiled potentially racist undertones, that reads like some cult drivel.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that KopOp is not a racist. Probably a decent fellow on the law of averages.
    u dont get it. That is the problem with society. If you say the Malian striker that is fine same as you would say Robertson the Scotish left back. U dont say Robertson the white left back. Salah the Egyptian is not the same as saying Salah the Arab player.

And as I said the fact that KopO had to mention that Marega is black could imply as CD wants me to say that the play like Marega could have a racist sub conscious under tone.

U missed it so it is cool. Maybe 20 or 200 years from now the world will get it.

Continue as you may Marega the black player, But Mount the Chelsea player. If you don't see the difference in this sentence then cool.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Negro is the correct term in describing a black player.....Really not sure why anyone on here feels the need to jump on the f**king racist bus for Christs sake.
    fuck u 2. I am black and I was not playing the race card I was trying to educate those who care that it is wrong to describe a player by his skin colour unless you do it unliterally for all players.

That is the problem. It is that whole "all lives matter" shit. When black people say Black lives matter they don't say that other lives don't, they trying to highlight the injustices and prejudices in many so called civilised countries in the world. And in the case of where this slogan originated the States where there is double standards and years and years of police brutality. Basically if you racist and white you could become a cop and live out your sadistic dreams under the pretence of the law.

All white people are not racist. The racist are not really the problem it is the ones that come with that get over it bullshit don't play the race card that is the problem. Some deep down are racist but because society largely condemns it they suppress it but it comes out now and again.

So if you read my response to KopO i never said he is racist. I said I don't like to connotation and then CCTV took it further by asking what was wrong with it and that is where the convo started there was no playing the race card, but opportunity arose that a incorrect thing that is done in society should be addressed no matter how well meaning it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I was under the impression that "negro" was quite an outdated term now.

Will confess to being largely clueless on the subject.
    For many black people negro is a racist word. So for Fagin to say it is the correct term, in whose eyes. Insidious much respect for your post. Think this is the line we need to take on some subjects on society.

Where we don't have much info to hush or to hear the affected person's point of view.

I don't know how many posters on here are black but I am going to speak out if i think someone is crossing that line. In today most people are tolerant and loving but we are 2021 but people are still abusing Trent and Naby.

Someone that says "O my gosh why they making such a big deal." When players speak out or players take a knee etc. That person needs to take a look at themselves they are undercover racist, the person howling like a monkey in Italy and the Balkan nations at players and yet have black players in their own team is a glimpse into undercover racism. It says as long as it is in my favor I tolerate but deep down I abhor you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That makes it 30 times that Real Madrid have made a Champions League semi final.... Yep the big fat three zero..!!

10 times more than any other club.. And plenty were happy with the draw..?

I doubt the Sky generation (Premier League inception) could ever have been more misguided in their outlook.
    Who else could we have got aside from Porto that we could have been happier with? Every club left will have wanted Liverpool as on form we were the weakest left. Real aren't that great, our poor show in the first leg was where and when the tie was lost really.
    It was a longshot us getting any further such is our situation but it is what it is. Our fully fit 11 beats that Madrid side all-day.

If there was a white striker playing up front in the Mali or Nigerian league would he still be just the striker to the locals or would he be described as the white striker?