Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

Racism

I have started this thread so that people can air their views from whatever background and hopefully enlighten people from an opposing background as to what they consider racism or otherwise.
    Hopefully this will lead towards a better understanding of ourselves and others with regards these issues and how we should address ourselves and others in this world.
    This may need the use of deragatory phrases to be allowed. Mods please advise.

I will start this thread by repeating my post from another thread

I have never seen anyone who is black or white. We are all different shades of brown.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post

I have never seen anyone who is black or white. We are all different shades of brown.
    I hope you're not a paint and decorator.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Race and ethnicity in genetic terms refers to the frequency of clusters in a population.
    It correlates well with the ancients view of 12 or so tribes of man. They used their eyes to see the differences and the genetic analysis back up that view.
    These can be important factors in medical treatments, drug trials and predicted inheritance of conditions.
    Out of interest do you find the terms white privilige or systemic racism very confusing left wing ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I hope you're not a paint and decorator.
    I do my fair bit.
    I am an artist.
    From early days I was taught that black and white are not colours but tones.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Out of interest do you find the terms white privilige or systemic racism very confusing left wing ideas ?
    No

No
    If you dont see white, how can you comprehend white privilige ?

If you dont see race, how can you comprehend systemic racism ?

I'd argue systemic racism as presented by left wingers is largely a function of being unable to process and analyse data.
    But I can understand the concept as i can perceive people have different racial and ethnic features.

I do my fair bit.
    I am an artist.
    From early days I was taught that black and white are not colours but tones.
    I'm only jesting mate. Sadly there's racism in every walk of life and some use it as a tool for hate. I guess we'll never get rid of it but hopefully you would think the vast majority of us are tolerant of everyones beliefs and colour.
    Sadly I live in a country were the 2nd biggest political party members can't bring themselves to even say the name of our country !!

I never said that I do not see white.

I never said that I do not see white.
    I gathered you've seen the colour white as you said youd never saw a white or black person. I also assume you've seen the colour black.