Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

I'm not sure what shade of brown Robbo, Corbyn or Bojo are tbh. What shade would you deem them to be given your artistic status.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I'm not sure what shade of brown Robbo, Corbyn or Bojo are tbh. What shade would you deem them to be given your artistic status.
    You fail to read my posts.
    I have never seen anyone who is black or white. Black and white are perfect opposites. Black absorbs every colour and does not reflect any. White reflects every colour and does not absorb any. You will not come across these ideals in life. The closest you will come to these is, for example, a wood surface painted with matt black or matt white paint.
    The people you mention, or any others you may care to mention, are neither black or white but rather various shades of brown. I am not going to describe their particular colour as I have never met them and it would depend on the particular time of day and circumstances (for example after a recent spell of sunbathing or illness) and the lighting available.

To me its only a skin tone.. we are all different.. ie different shaped noses ears mouths. tall short fat thin. Skin colour is just another difference. Racism is prejudiced and the worse kind.. Along with homophobia and sexism.. In the 21st century we should see people for who they are not how they appear
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    To me its only a skin tone.. we are all different.. ie different shaped noses ears mouths. tall short fat thin. Skin colour is just another difference. Racism is prejudiced and the worse kind.. Along with homophobia and sexism.. In the 21st century we should see people for who they are not how they appear
    Wait until you encounter ageism 🥴

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Wait until you encounter ageism ��
    My solution to ageism is not to get old.Im staying young forever.

Like the joke goes.. I don't mind dying... I just don't want to be there when it happens.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    My solution to ageism is not to get old.Im staying young forever.

Like the joke goes.. I don't mind dying... I just don't want to be there when it happens.
    Or that line from a WHO song...
    Hope I die before I get old
    Roger and Peter still playing that?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    You fail to read my posts.
    I have never seen anyone who is black or white. Black and white are perfect opposites. Black absorbs every colour and does not reflect any. White reflects every colour and does not absorb any. You will not come across these ideals in life. The closest you will come to these is, for example, a wood surface painted with matt black or matt white paint.
    The people you mention, or any others you may care to mention, are neither black or white but rather various shades of brown. I am not going to describe their particular colour as I have never met them and it would depend on the particular time of day and circumstances (for example after a recent spell of sunbathing or illness) and the lighting available.
    No, I most certainly read your posts. I did not comprehend your thoughts on the matter so i asked a few questions.
    Like what shade of brown those 3 are etc, however it appears to me you wish to be misunderstood somewhat.

Black as you define it is an idealistic concept and scientists have endeavoured to find a black or that sort coming very close. Vantablack a pretty close creation.
    However you and I still perceive it/black as a colour within a spectrum of colours. There are different tones of black too.

I think you are also conflating racial colour with actual colours, which I suspected after your ability to have no issue with white privilige whilst stating there are no white people.
    It is true people, particularly of white people, due to the nature of their skin tone can gain or lose shades of colour. Getting sunburnt a good example, however the production of skin at its core is based in biology.
    If I put a red car in a cave, it's not a black car because of the lighting or lack of lighting. It is still a red car, same way if its tone is altered by weathering under the sun it is still a red car. If left facing south the impact of the sun on its paint would disproportionately impact its front.
    For me I could understand an artist describing the various pictures of bojo without make up on as being a blend of white (his racial colour), some jaundis yellow and a peach hue. But I struggle to comprehend the idea of Bojo the brown man.
    Same way with Mane i understand him to be black (his racial colour), and shades of brown. However I would not describe mane as racially brown as hes an African.

I would have enjoyed learning about the many shades of brown, which encompass in your opinion bojo and mane for example.

Would I be right SR that when you say you understand white privilige as a concept, you yourself would see it as a case of lighter brown people and darker brown people ?

Isn't this tonal difference within the colour brown also a matter of blackening & whitening?

You have an interesting view, you're the first person I've ever encountered whose arguing that Bojo is a brown man. I'd just like to understand your view as it's not clear to me as of now. I'm kind of guessing at filling in the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Would I be right SR that when you say you understand white privilige as a concept, you yourself would see it as a case of lighter brown people and darker brown people ?

Isn't this tonal difference within the colour brown also a matter of blackening & whitening?

You have an interesting view, you're the first person I've ever encountered whose arguing that Bojo is a brown man. I'd just like to understand your view as it's not clear to me as of now. I'm kind of guessing at filling in the holes.
    You seem to miss the point completely
    There are no black people, there are no white people.
    It is not a matter of blackening or whitening. Regarding Bojo - the TV footage I have seen of him he appears to be of a light tan but I have never met him. Even If I did I would never see he was white, or black for that matter
    You yourself have never seen a white or black man.
    Regarding the red car in a cave without light.
    Black is an ideal. You cannot achieve it. Similarly with white. The colour perceived in such circumstances depends on your eyes and your dictionary of colours and the lighting, however insignificant, provided.

I will start this thread by repeating my post from another thread

I have never seen anyone who is black or white. We are all different shades of brown.
    I never said that I do not see white.
    You seem to miss the point completely
    There are no black people, there are no white people.
    It is not a matter of blackening or whitening. Regarding Bojo - the TV footage I have seen of him he appears to be of a light tan but I have never met him. Even If I did I would never see he was white, or black for that matter
    You yourself have never seen a white or black man.
    Regarding the red car in a cave without light.
    Black is an ideal. You cannot achieve it. Similarly with white. The colour perceived in such circumstances depends on your eyes and your dictionary of colours and the lighting, however insignificant, provided.
    No such thing as a white man, many would disagree.

You never said you didn't see white, implying you've seen white.

White is an ideal that can never been achieved.

I'm trying to follow you here SR, but you're saying I've never seen a white man, whilst suggesting you've seen something that you also say cannot exist.

It's a bit like the case of a circle, I've seen circles where a perfect circle cannot exist in nature. Same goes for a triangle etc

It seems you are using a definition that necessarily must not exist in reality relating to colours to eradicate black and white people.
    Yet are willing to concede that colours are a matter of convention whereby we have numerous cases of people referring to black with things that actually exist.

It's probably not worth the effort but I find it curious and humorous. Bojo the brownman Johnson has white privilige !!