Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Racism

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    On that note i shall bid your arrogance a fond farewell. I only came back to respond to your whining over something i wasnt meaning to be serious. Which you clearly needed to find issue with.. Ps here's an extra stroke for your ego from me.
    Has for being unpleasant you get to decide that.
    My arrogance!
    I do not suffer from ego.
    I can also quite capably decide without fear that your posts if presented elsewhere would at least constitute unpleasantness.
    You are entitled to accuse me of vile things with no justification?
    And that is your idea of a joke?
    I wonder what other things you may post online on other platforms to people you do not know!
    People who know me know me as the most truthful person they have ever met.
    On top of the vile things you have accused me of you are adding arrogance.
    Maybe leaving this thread is your way out.
    I would like you to stay here and be more constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    My arrogance!
    I do not suffer from ego.
    I can also quite capably decide without fear that your posts if presented elsewhere would at least constitute unpleasantness.
    You are entitled to accuse me of vile things with no justification?
    And that is your idea of a joke?
    I wonder what other things you may post online on other platforms to people you do not know!
    People who know me know me as the most truthful person they have ever met.
    On top of the vile things you have accused me of you are adding arrogance.
    Maybe leaving this thread is your way out.
    I would like you to stay here and be more constructive.
    Well tbf you did posit an invisible lurking dormant probelm in the minds of the English.

It appears (though I'm taking these more recent posts as parody) one is taking criticism a little to close to heart.
    Everyone has an ego and suffers from egotism.

What vile posts/things are you referring to ?
    I dont follow your line of thinking here.

Maybe you dont like comedy as you are a bit of an authoritarian ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Well tbf you did posit an invisible lurking dormant probelm in the minds of the English.

It appears (though I'm taking these more recent posts as parody) one is taking criticism a little to close to heart.
    Everyone has an ego and suffers from egotism.

What vile posts/things are you referring to ?
    I dont follow your line of thinking here.

Maybe you dont like comedy as you are a bit of an authoritarian ?
    Not an authority on comedy CCTV but each to his own.
    It is a personal thing. I merely stated my view.
    Oftimes there is a spontaneous comment on this forum in riposte to a post that I find hilarious. But that is just me. Accepted?
    My reason for creating this particular thread was as per my opening post
    Keep it coming,
    I want people to air their views freely.
    Without justification I have been branded all-sorts.
    I have tried to explained my own thoughts and debates to your goodself.
    BTW I did not say invisible but rather dormant sub-culture. I think it has been a little more than dormant recently.
    Would yourself allow such accusations to go unchallenged.

I am leaving this LFC forum now.
    Not based on ego but definitely based on Justme's posts and the sideways support for him and zilch for me.
    It was a joke post?
    You who have replied have a strange sense of humour skin to what often happens on social media.
    Remember that.
    Those who have not read must ask yourselves if such accusations are ok without justification and further answer the pathetic justifications that followed amidst my humble responses.
    Good luck next season LFC.
    To those most decent posters
    YNWA

I am leaving this LFC forum now.
    Not based on ego but definitely based on Justme's posts and the sideways support for him and zilch for me.
    It was a joke post?
    You who have replied have a strange sense of humour skin to what often happens on social media.
    Remember that.
    Those who have not read must ask yourselves if such accusations are ok without justification and further answer the pathetic justifications that followed amidst my humble responses.
    Good luck next season LFC.
    To those most decent posters
    YNWA
    By running away you're not helping yourself looking like a signed up member of the snow flake generation.

Not ego
    I decide unpleasantness
    You can accuse me of vile things
    Is this your humour
    Wonder how else you behave in this manner
    People who know me say I'm the most truthful ever (bonus trump impression points, this wall probably the greatest wall ever)
    More vile accusations
    Leaving thread is escape route from debate/vileness
    I however would like to continue debate and be constructive, as opposed to.

Me
    Me
    Me
    Me keep it coming
    Me branded all sorts
    Me tried
    Not invisible just dormant, as in latent, as in present but not manifesting.
    I asked you what vile accusations ? Just more claims of vile allegations

Me leaving
    Justmes fault
    Zero support for me, some support for him
    You have replied a strange sort of humour (now an authority on humour)
    More no descript claims
    Good luck lfc to those decent fans

It doesnt read like a person with no sense of ego, maybe a fragile ego manifesting in egotism.

Not an authority on comedy CCTV but each to his own.
    It is a personal thing. I merely stated my view.
    Oftimes there is a spontaneous comment on this forum in riposte to a post that I find hilarious. But that is just me. Accepted?
    My reason for creating this particular thread was as per my opening post
    Keep it coming,
    I want people to air their views freely.
    Without justification I have been branded all-sorts.
    I have tried to explained my own thoughts and debates to your goodself.
    BTW I did not say invisible but rather dormant sub-culture. I think it has been a little more than dormant recently.
    Would yourself allow such accusations to go unchallenged.
    Well you seem to have missed the point on this authoritarian and comedy part.
    An authority on comedy, would be someone who feels they are best placed to grade comics, jokes and routines.

The point I was making is quite different. Comedy is the enemy of authority/authoritarians.
    By having an over inflated sense of righteousness, authoritarians can find it difficult to deal with humour. That's why it's so effective, and why censorship is typically deployed against it imo.
    Typically those people have strong opinions of people in an out group, but cant handle the slightest bit of offense or ridicule in their own direction.

Well when you said I hadn't answered your questions, I didn't get too defensive about it and said if you want to post the questions you were referring to, I'd do my best to answer them.
    I'm sure there are good examples of me getting defensive on the forum too.

So I would challenge people too, get defensive in places, but I'm not sure I've spent as much time trying to proclaim myself holier than thou, I will debate how or why I think I am right with regards to topics. But most often I think at best I will alter someone's perception.
    I certainly do not consider myself egoless, or not susceptible to egotism.

Most decent posters? ones who have opinions he agrees with?.. (not meaning to use a pun) but life is not all black and white.. Everyone on here is anti racism. And would stand up to morons who make up fake accounts and racially abuse footballer and anyone else who uses the internet..
    When i go on sites where i chat to people and i see the odd idiot be sexist homophobic and racist.. I argue with them all the time,. Just I think right now in the world. Theres a group of people wilfully stirring up division between different people and its making people respond and these people get accused of what these other people are wrongly implying in the first place.

Its gotten to the point where if a footballer is 100% anti racist.. hes got to show it.By kneeling if he doesn't hes one of "them"I really get where the FA is coming from they want a society where no racism happens.every one with compassion feels the same.
    To me the only way a society can deal with racist is one to one basis.. By people who witness this first hand to come to the aid of a person that's been abused. You can't change everyone. An idealistic world is was causes division in a lot of ways..

Highlight racism has much as possible i'm all for that. Just don't go tp the lengths were a person airing an opinion thats slightly different is classed as "against ". when they maybe for it. but see it differently.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Well you seem to have missed the point on this authoritarian and comedy part.
    An authority on comedy, would be someone who feels they are best placed to grade comics, jokes and routines.

The point I was making is quite different. Comedy is the enemy of authority/authoritarians.
    By having an over inflated sense of righteousness, authoritarians can find it difficult to deal with humour. That's why it's so effective, and why censorship is typically deployed against it imo.
    Typically those people have strong opinions of people in an out group, but cant handle the slightest bit of offense or ridicule in their own direction.

Well when you said I hadn't answered your questions, I didn't get too defensive about it and said if you want to post the questions you were referring to, I'd do my best to answer them.
    I'm sure there are good examples of me getting defensive on the forum too.

So I would challenge people too, get defensive in places, but I'm not sure I've spent as much time trying to proclaim myself holier than thou, I will debate how or why I think I am right with regards to topics. But most often I think at best I will alter someone's perception.
    I certainly do not consider myself egoless, or not susceptible to egotism.
    And when discussing a topic in depth or teasing out ideas, I think most people myself included will realise that it is practically guaranteed you have rationalized away some hypocrisy.

A good example for me would be over caricatures. You have the Charlie Hebdo provocative art piece that led to an offended bunch of people killing others.
    You have examples of it with Trump, and nearly all political leaders.
    Then more recently the example of the Pretty Cow cartoon in the guardian.

You'll find people that legitimise these expressions when it's in their interests and condemn them when it goes against their interests.
    They will take a moral absolute position as a position of pride and then reason away the absolute where it suits. A bit like the patriotism thread, where people hold books to what hes said and dismiss similar anti-semitism on their side.
    As said in the football forum, this effect I'd predict is stronger on the left wing of the political divide from research I've seen in to moral psychology.

For me the Charlie Hebdo piece was more provocative in terms of stimulating thought than the pretty cow one. There are better ones to compare.
    This provocative aid for challenging thought really has underwritten a lot of left wing movements since the 60s, but now that they find themselves being a moral authority it just feels so wrong to be on the receiving end.

Bojo not books