Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 16-19th

Makes you wonder how they pay their wages? like City must be off the books.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    They’re both money bags. We’re just less sensitive to Chelsea cos it’s gone on much longer that they’ve seen as legitimate now. Remember the intensity of our dislike for them 10 to 15 years ago.

That was because of Mourinho, I still hate the twat for running down the touchline after Gerrard made the error..
    It was never the money for me when it came to Chelsea. of course they have a huge advantaged. But it was always my dislike of Mourinho. Going back to paying players off books.. i dont see how at Chelsea and Man-city with their huge squads. How they manage to keep their players happy. Knowing they won't play many games. Other than the facts they are on huge sums.
    Then again we have players similar. such has Oxlade and Matip who are on a huge whack and spend 95% of the time on a gurney.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Not sure any of it matters now since Shitty got off with it totally.

Happy 50th 19.

Yes indeed - Happy Birthday 19... Half a Century..

Happy birthday 19x. Sounds like you had a good day
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, it was my 50th birthday yesterday and I got 2 great results

How about this for a surprise, team that have been winning easy as a result of their huge incredibly expensive squad and having virtually no injuries in this * season of attrition, meet another team, now with a proven top class manager, in exactly the same position squad wise, only with far better quality forwards now they have a manager to use them accordingly, and faced with a rival in the same boat and actually playing on a level playing field as far as this season goes, they get their arse handed to them

Chelsea have incredible strength in depth up top and incredible options to set up and play differently tactically against different opposition with the forwards they have and Tuchel absolutely has been doing that and although at PSG he had 2 of the world's best forwards, he didn't have the incredible array of talent to do what he can now at Chelsea

Giroud, Abrahams, Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech, Havertz and Hudson-Odoi and Mount can both operate in a front 3 also
    Happy Birthday 19x

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep I am struggling to pick who I would fancy to win the CL between Chelsea and City were they both to make the final.

Chelsea appeared to own City for much of the game at Wembley.

They have a freshness to that attack that no other team can match - in the premier league at least. Their defensive organisation looks superb too. Midfield doesn’t need to be the best due to this.

Perhaps, and regardless of anyone’s personal opinion of the man -Roman Abramovic - is the best football club owner in history...? Proactive and seemingly knowledgable about the game.

Never shy on spending a fortune and hideously ruthless with staff - but never far from major results.

Total domination of silverware since his arrival despite so many other big hitting huge spending rivals.

If Chelsea take another major trophy this season - following his exile, the FFP transfer ban and giving a free hit to Lampard - then I do worry because although we have had a couple of great seasons - it might have been very different.

From 2019 so we have 5.
    https://www.footballparadise.com/che...bramovich-era/
    I agree Steveo.
    I remember a Chelsea fán who was so grateful to Ken Bates (apparently saved Chelsea for a fee of £1 in 1982 and sold them to Roman for £18 million in 2005) but still brought them back into competing for top flight titles. Roman is a footie fan but has a peculiar fondness for strikers who are either apparently past their best or have hadnoted injury problems - to name a few : Shevchenko, Ba, Torres, Drogba 2nd time, Giroud - I think there may be a few more - and when he had a proper fit and young striker I e. Costa, he got rid.

Henderson in goal for Man u today.
    Is de Gea injured or are they likely to sell him. If so then for how much?