Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 16-19th

Ings gives Southampton the lead.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we should have kept Ings and got rid of others instead, and I'm still not convinced it was Klopp's idea to move him on, as apposed to a 'directive from up on high'.

Noods you say this everytime Ings scores.

HE wanted to leave to play first team football he wouldnt have got that here.

You have to respect him for that as some players dont mind collecting wages sitting on a bench he isnt one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Noods you say this everytime Ings scores.

HE wanted to leave to play first team football he wouldnt have got that here.

You have to respect him for that as some players dont mind collecting wages sitting on a bench he isnt one of them.
    I'm still not convinced that the 'official line' and 'the truth' are one and the same. If Klopp was instructed to get shot of Ings (a transfer fee plus wages off the books) he's hardly going to come out and say that was the case. It's easier to say that Ings was let go because of what he wanted, rather than the 'possible' truth i.e. what FSG wanted.

We/Klopp have held onto and played inferior and as injured (if not more so) players. Had Ings got a few more games with us, I'm sure he would have wanted to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Ings gives Southampton the lead.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we should have kept Ings and got rid of others instead, and I'm still not convinced it was Klopp's idea to move him on, as apposed to a 'directive from up on high'.
    What makes you think that Noods?
    Is it just an inkling or have you heard something?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I'm still not convinced that the 'official line' and 'the truth' are one and the same. If Klopp was instructed to get shot of Ings (a transfer fee plus wages off the books) he's hardly going to come out and say that was the case. It's easier to say that Ings was let go because of what he wanted, rather than the 'possible' truth i.e. what FSG wanted.

We/Klopp have held onto and played inferior and as injured (if not more so) players. Had Ings got a few more games with us, I'm sure he would have wanted to stay.
    Ings said it himself.

Ings said it himself.
    Yes that's what he wanted/had been told. If Klopp was instructed to 'get Ings out the door', he's hardly going to come out and admit that. It's much better to say that he had a conversation with Ings about playing time, resulting in Ings being let go 'because he couldn't be guaranteed playing time', which results in nobody looking bad.

It doesnt matter what Klopp wants the player rules.

If Ings wanted to go he can force it see Suarez Torres Coutinho as examples.

It doesnt matter what Klopp wants the player rules.

If Ings wanted to go he can force it see Suarez Torres Coutinho as examples.
    Ings wanted to go because he wasn't getting/going to get playing time, which 'may' have been as a result of instructions from up on high. This isn't about what Ings wanted i.e. staying or going, but about what Klopp wanted vs what our owners wanted i.e. If Klopp wanted to keep Ings, but his bosses said otherwise, there is nothing he can do about it, resulting in the conversation between Klopp and Ings, which in turn results in Ings wanting to leave, which is not only what he now wants/has been forced into, but more importantly is what FSG wanted.

Bale equalises for Tottenham.

He may not have done that well for us.. Its all hindsight. we did win the champions league and league without him..
    We do need and out and out centre forward. Firmino is not the answer.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century