Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 16-19th

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Ings wanted to go because he wasn't getting/going to get playing time, which 'may' have been as a result of instructions from up on high. This isn't about what Ings wanted i.e. staying or going, but about what Klopp wanted vs what our owners wanted i.e. If Klopp wanted to keep Ings, but his bosses said otherwise, there is nothing he can do about it, resulting in the conversation between Klopp and Ings, which in turn results in Ings wanting to leave, which is not only what he now wants/has been forced into, but more importantly is what FSG wanted.
    Why is everything FSG fault in your world ?

It is the same record played time and time again.

Oh another reason he went is he is ALWAYS injured and yet again he is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Why is everything FSG fault in your world ?

It is the same record played time and time again.

Oh another reason he went is he is ALWAYS injured and yet again he is injured.
    Where have I said that everything is FSG's fault? I don't know for sure what did or did not go on regarding Ings. However what I do know is what has happened in regards to other things that FSG and Klopp have both said and done, which when combined raise serious questions as to the truth behind things that both parties have said and done.

If after all that has happened you still implicitly trust anything that is said/done by those 'in charge' of our club, that is more fool you. I however tend to base my opinions on past evidence, logic, and common sense, and every one of those things suggests that it is very possible, if not likely that there is more to things such as the Ings situation than what is reported, especially when those who are doing the 'reporting' have vested interests in not divulging the entire truth.

As I mentioned above, Ings was not the only player on our books to be "always injured". However despite this, these other 'sicknotes' have been kept. If that doesn't at least put a grain of doubt into the minds of those who think everything is as it was 'reported', then there's not a lot more that can be said on the issue. Such people will always lap up what they are told.

Tottenham think they've taken the lead but the goal is ruled out due to Mora being offside.

No im not saying I trust FSG.

I trust the word of Ings and Klopp do they seem like dishonest types to you ?

You are right Ings is a good player but he deserves and wants to play first team football we couldnt offer him that on a regular basis.

Son scores from the spot in the 90th minute, which looks to have given Tottenham a 2-1 victory.

So embarrassing to have lost to Fulham and this woeful Southampton side.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    No im not saying I trust FSG.

I trust the word of Ings and Klopp do they seem like dishonest types to you ?

You are right Ings is a good player but he deserves and wants to play first team football we couldnt offer him that on a regular basis.
    As far as Ings is concerned he was told that he wouldn't be guaranteed playing time, and as such he asked to be allowed to leave if that was going to be the case, which in turn was 'agreed' by Klopp. The point is that the truth may have been that FSG wanted to get rid of Ings, but through Klopp it was spun in a completely different way to both Ings and everyone else outside the boardroom.

With the above being the case, as far as Ings is concerned he was let go due to a lack of playing time/an agreement between himself and Klopp, therefore him saying as such is in effect 'the truth'. However when it comes to Klopp, whilst in many/most regards he may be honest, he is an employee, and as such he has a choice, he can either toe the party line/bend the truth in order to make sure he doesn't risk the wrath of his bosses, or he can do/say what he likes, which is very likely going to end up with him being given his P45.

Most people no matter how honest or moral they may be or like to think they are, tend to compromise those things when their own position/wealth/life is put at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    So embarrassing to have lost to Fulham and this woeful Southampton side.
    This season has been an embarrassment in many ways and on many occasions.

McGinn puts Villa ahead against Man City after twenty seconds.

Foden equalises for Man City, It was a 'decent' move, but it wasn't exactly a good finish from Foden (he hit the ball into the ground), yet despite that the jizz-fest over both starts up once again.

Pep "It is not a sport where success is already guaranteed" Guardiola is back to being a 'genius'.