Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 16-19th

A Chelsea fan on the radio:-

"Without Abramovich, Chelsea would be a terrible club".

You mean as apposed to a terrible, plastic club?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    A Chelsea fan on the radio:-

"Without Abramovich, Chelsea would be a terrible club".

You mean as apposed to a terrible, plastic club?
    They like City wont be running their owners out of town that is for sure.

Vardy puts Leicester ahead.

I think that late goal we conceded is really, really going to cost us.

Jonny Evans then immediately doubles Leicester's lead, followed by them immediately hitting the post and Vardy hitting a shot straight at the keeper. West Brom have gone back to being completely s**t.

I can't see Leicester ballsing things up again from here.

As I keep saying, if we miss out on the top four I can see there possibly being serious, negative medium-long term implications as a result.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 22nd April 2021 at 08:31 PM.

Vardy feeds Iheanacho who goes on to make it 3-0.

Vardy puts Leicester ahead.

I think that late goal we conceded is really, really going to cost us.
    Leeds could have had 4... - we could have scored more too - especially first half but second half they pegged us back. But for some poor finishing plus Alisson’s saves we could easily have suffered a loss

After 38 minutes Leicester have had ten shots with six of them being on target, whilst West Brom have zip on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Leeds could have had 4... - we could have scored more too - especially first half but second half they pegged us back and some poor finishing plus Alisson saves us from what probably should have been a loss
    So you're saying we actually gained a point rather than losing two? I can't fault you for being a 'glass half full' kind of guy.

Jonny Evans then immediately doubles Leicester's lead, followed by them immediately hitting the post and Vardy hitting a shot straight at the keeper. West Brom have gone back to being completely s**t.

I can't see Leicester ballsing things up again from here.

As I keep saying, if we miss out on the top four I can see there possibly being serious, negative medium-long term implications as a result.
    They've got four very winnable games and 3 incredibly difficult games, we've got 6 games we should win all of

Not sure why you're referencing the Leeds game, we've dropped plenty of points in games we should easily have won, not because of the defending, but because of poor finishing and poor final balls and decision making and we're 12 points down on the point we should have courtesy of VAR and FSG getting everyone at the Premier League and FAs backs up with their attempted power grab and the ESL business

Leeds played better against us than I've seen them play all season, they were incredibly fired up by the ESL business, had that not been announced prior to that game I doubt they'd have played with the intensity they did, our missing gilt edged chances has been a bigger issue than missing our CBs

We were by far the better team in our second meeting with Leicester, missed a lot of chances and opportunities to put a chance on a plate, then the ref gives them a free kick that was never a free kick in the first place, they score, Hendo and Thiago have a bit of a fall out, Thiago has the hump and in his fit of tempter or petulance woefully misfits a crossfield pass immidiately after their leveller to present them with a second, then we fell to pieces to concede a third

Even if we draw that game we're within 3 points of them if they win tonight which they absolutely look like doing with an easier final 6 games on paper
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

So you're saying we actually gained a point rather than losing two? I can't fault you for being a 'glass half full' kind of guy.
    I was disappointed we conceded but the very least Leeds deserved. We don’t have the energy for more than one decent half.