Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 16-19th

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I was disappointed we conceded but the very least Leeds deserved. We don’t have the energy for more than one decent half.
    Doubt Leeds would have played with that intensity without the ESL announcement to fire them up, thanks again FSG
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Iheanacho should have got Leicester's fourth goal of the night but he snatches at the shot and blazes it well over the bar.

Iheaneacho is smoking. I wonder if its a purple patch or if he really is that good?

West Brom finally have a shot, but it's straight at Schmeichel.

HT Leicester 3-0 West Brom

With the FA and Carabao Cup final teams in place it's a sure bet that 6th and 7th place in the league will qualify for the Europa League

I'm surprised BT Sport weren't more supportive of our club through the VAR stitch ups, it's not in their best interests for us not to be in the Champions League, I subscribe to BT for Champions League, but if we're not in it, I won't be continuing my subscription for Europa League games, I'll take my chances on getting a good stream instead

Goes back to my point about the Premier League, FA and broadcasters desperately trying to prop numerous very average poor United sides up, they're not a good advertisement for the Premier League, they might be benefitting from their big squad in this * war of attrition season, but they aren't a good watch at all

We have been THE team to watch in the Champions League and the Premier League the last 3 seasons, it's more in the Premier League, FA's and broadcasters interests to try and make sure we're in the competition again next season than it was to get a United side who were an absolute embarrassment in the competition into this seasons at the back end of last season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Iheaneacho is smoking. I wonder if its a purple patch or if he really is that good?
    Past form suggests a purple patch, but only time will tell for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Doubt Leeds would have played with that intensity without the ESL announcement to fire them up, thanks again FSG
    I think you should watch Leeds more they do play a high energy game that is why that women pundit got pelters for saying Covid suited them as they got a rest, were in poor form and came back fresh.....she of course was talking bollox as Leeds had won 5 of their last 6/7 games before lockdown.

This season is draining I mean I can watch our games but I struggle to sit through other games I mean no chance am I watching Fat Sam stick everyone behind the ball football at least it’s the end of him now thankfully.

I’m not worried about where we finish this season it is what it is I suspect we will finish 6th.

I don’t see us winning at OT so I see 69 points at best which could get us in top 4 but I only see us getting around 63-65 points.

Being honest I can’t wait for the season to finish and hopefully VVD Gomez Hendo do not get near the Euros and hopefully dipshit leaves Trent out too for a long rest.

As long as we're in Europe next season.

I can live with Europa League (would much rather have the Champion's League of course) as it will help the co-efficient, which sets us up for favourable seeding in European tournaments (again, hopefully the Champion's League) as we will drop the first of the five of the last five seasons in terms of points - and in that first season (16/17) we clocked up bugger all on the co-efficient due to not being in Europe at all.

Any sort of reasonable year in Europe in 21/22 (last-16 or quarters of whatever tournament) and we will be in a favourable spot when it comes to the teams we're facing in the group stages of comps.

My hope had been to catch Leicester, but the 6-point gap with 6 games remaining - we need to be perfect, which I don't bank on us managing. Can we be better than Chelsea and West Ham?

Smaller gap - very plausible.

Still think it's decided on the final day of the season.

We need to bin off the EL if we don't make the CL. We don't/won't have the squad to be able to fully compete in more than one competition. So with that being the case we have to focus on the league, not on playing teams we've never heard of in the arse end of nowhere just for the chance of us possibly sneaking into the CL should we miss out qualifying via the league once again.

FT Leicester 3-0 West Brom