Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 16-19th

Another goal for young Harvey Elliot tonight followed by a very touching celebration, for which he got booked.

Not sure he’s good enough for us just yet, but he certainly made good progress at Blackburn. He surely can’t be any worse than some of the players we’ve got on the sidelines, on massive wages.

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Automatic booking for taking off your shirt innit.

Still, worth a booking, the lad’s heart is obviously in the right place even at his young age.

As for ability, he has plenty, whether he can develop into the player his young talent would suggest he can, only time will tell. Much will depend on him developing mentally, he’s way above his age group currently

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Perfect result for us again.
    Indeed!

Long may this continue.

3 wins on the spin and a good performance (finishing aside) against Real Madrid will have helped confidence and now the fixture schedule is more forgiving for us in terms of physical recovery and tactical preparation.

We have every chance.

if kanes out for a bit, i think we can say spurs are out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    if kanes out for a bit, i think we can say spurs are out of it
    I'm not quite there yet with Spurs. Their fixture list is relatively forgiving.

Which, honestly, may not be the worst thing. Their last fixture of the season is Leicester - they might draw or win that game, which might be the result we need to secure Top Four - especially if we have slipped up somewhere - United's counter-attack against Phillips and Kabak (who are playing well, just aren't the quickest) is certainly a match you could chalk up as one we could lose.

Today is huge, win today and our odds will shorten again. Everyone is inconsistent this season and as tiredness, injuries and pressure of having to win every game kicks in, no game will be easy for anyone.
    Who saw Chelsea 2-5 West Brom coming??
    We just have to hope we have turned our corner, I didn’t think we could possibly dominate Real like we did in midweek, should have gone through with that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'm not quite there yet with Spurs. Their fixture list is relatively forgiving.

Which, honestly, may not be the worst thing. Their last fixture of the season is Leicester - they might draw or win that game, which might be the result we need to secure Top Four - especially if we have slipped up somewhere - United's counter-attack against Phillips and Kabak (who are playing well, just aren't the quickest) is certainly a match you could chalk up as one we could lose.
    Yes I believe i'm not being 100% and living on the edge a little by "jumping the gun"

But I don't think spurs really have been a threat to top4 all season when you think about it, they had a few glimpses of hope but apart from that they've been off the pace with some shocking results, that are worse than our own.

But on the flipside, in this weird and wonderful (not quite) season, anything is possible to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Today is huge, win today and our odds will shorten again. Everyone is inconsistent this season and as tiredness, injuries and pressure of having to win every game kicks in, no game will be easy for anyone.
    Who saw Chelsea 2-5 West Brom coming??
    We just have to hope we have turned our corner, I didn’t think we could possibly dominate Real like we did in midweek, should have gone through with that performance.
    We're not playing until Monday.

Well no, I meant “this game” rather than today ... obvs

I see rooney is doing a great job at Derby