Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3437383940414243444546474849505154 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I told you who I felt these folks were years ago and you tried every mechanism you could to debunk it.
    You 'told me' FSG were owners who had no interest in investing in the club and who wanted to drain the club dry of resources.

What we have here with this concept is an attempt to increase the income and status of the club, albeit with a mistaken concept. It does not support your hypothesis as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    You 'told me' FSG were owners who had no interest in investing in the club and who wanted to drain the club dry of resources.

What we have here with this concept is an attempt to increase the income and status of the club, albeit with a mistaken concept. It does not support your hypothesis as far as I can tell.
    That first para simply isn’t true - certainly not me.

I have always said they were middling owners. Never thought they were asset strippers. You have me confused with someone else clearly.

Then again I apologise

thank you, that is kind of you

What were people's thoughts on these owners when they bought the club ?. I'm asking because i wasn't on here at the time so never saw anyone's opinion on it.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

That first para simply isn’t true - certainly not me.

Never thought they were asset strippers. You have me confused with someone else clearly.
    This is what you said a few pages ago, Steve. Post 401

From top of the world to nowhere in the blink of an eye - dropping the football - as they say while chasing the $ollars - a closed off franchised hell hole of cash cow...

This seems in line with what you've been saying for a few years, whenever you wish to complain about the owners. Chasing the dollars, cash cow. I don't understand how you can deny that your view is they have underinvested in order to line their pockets. You've been saying as much more or less incessantly.

What you refuse to admit is that they are working their investment by improving it in all aspects - that is their plan. They actually aren't using it as a cash cow - we have the evidence for that don't we? It's in the accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    What were people's thoughts on these owners when they bought the club ?. I'm asking because i wasn't on here at the time so never saw anyone's opinion on it.
    I would say it was one of relief to get rid of the other two.

I was wary as I would be if anyone new came in its in my nature to think that way.

I remember a lifelife fan Steve Morgan ? Tried to get us good job he didnt think he failed elsewhere Wolves maybe ?

FSG got off to a great start though by firing Roy and bringing back The King.

My opinion of them has gone down abit but im not surprised they are good business people that is not in question, they just tried to get involved in the sporting side which they know nothing about.

I know lots of fans are FSG out now but im not going to say that as you dont know who is lurking.

This is what you said a few pages ago, Steve. Post 401

From top of the world to nowhere in the blink of an eye - dropping the football - as they say while chasing the $ollars - a closed off franchised hell hole of cash cow...

This seems in line with what you've been saying for a few years, whenever you wish to complain about the owners. Chasing the dollars, cash cow. I don't understand how you can deny that your view is they have underinvested in order to line their pockets. You've been saying as much more or less incessantly.

What you refuse to admit is that they are working their investment by improving it in all aspects - that is their plan. They actually aren't using it as a cash cow - we have the evidence for that don't we? It's in the accounts.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with draining resources or asset stripping. I am talking about miss management of the club - Clearly referencing that profit made in summer 2019. After Klopp got us to the top of the world. Then owners getting distracted with Big Pictures. It is pretty clear to all except you as to what I am talking about.

You do this far too often for it to be coincidental.

The owners ARE chasing the cash cow JUST as I stated years ago when it was obvious to me - and my simplistic view.

Understandable that this has shown your beliefs up for the delusion that they are - but that isn't my problem.

Just accept it that some of us can see and some of us can't.
    Last edited by Steveo; 21st April 2021 at 10:42 AM.

Any of you lads know if this is true. When a team wins the super bowl in America it's the owners that lift the trophy and not the players ?

This has absolutely nothing to do with draining resources or asset stripping.
    So treating the club as a cash cow is not draining resources?

Isn't that the basis of your criticism? Those resources that should be invested in the club are instead being drained by the owners?

You contradict yourself all the time, Steveo.

Even if you want to say it's 'miss management' [sic], what you are saying is they are in fact investing their resources but that they are doing it badly. If only they knew how to invest then we would be successful.

But that's not what you say, is it? You say they don't invest. What they do is milk the cow.

If you were able to stick to what you actually say, we might have a meaningful conversation.

So treating the club as a cash cow is not draining resources?

Isn't that the basis of your criticism? Those resources that should be invested in the club are instead being drained by the owners?

You contradict yourself all the time, Steveo.

Even if you want to say it's 'miss management' [sic], what you are saying is they are in fact investing their resources but that they are doing it badly. If only they knew how to invest then we would be successful.

But that's not what you say, is it? You say they don't invest. What they do is milk the cow.

If you were able to stick to what you actually say, we might have a meaningful conversation.
    Stop talking utter bollox for one second Taksin.

Draining resources is not the same thing at all. The cash cow is buying a club at less than half price "a steal" for £300 million - making it run itself and then owning an asset worth nigh on £2 Billion. This is like real estate investment Taksin this is not the same as draining the asset of what it has - but is about maximising it's Value either as a sale asset or for rental income.

This is what FSG have been from day one and I don't like it.

I believe you stated that a parasite's agenda is to destroy its host..? This could be seen as a feeble attempt at defending the owners.

If you really do work in medicine I would be very concerned at your lack of understanding of the most basic biology.

I have been here many times with you and there are no meaningful conversations to have on this matter. you have a view and despite all evidence to the contrary - you won't budge - that's fine.
    Last edited by Steveo; 21st April 2021 at 11:28 AM.