Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3538394041424344454647484950515255 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

Back to the real subject..

An apology - of sorts..

So it was never going to go ahead without the "support" of the fans - Ahem - fans were not consulted.

Isn't it true that it was going to go ahead unless there was a fans revolt?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Any of you lads know if this is true. When a team wins the super bowl in America it's the owners that lift the trophy and not the players ?
    That's not true.

@Eggy..
    Awesome statement from Milan Ultras. Pretty much nailed it and all the pure hypocrisy this whole thing drowned in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Back to the real subject..

An apology - of sorts..

So it was never going to go ahead without the "support" of the fans - Ahem - fans were not consulted.

Isn't it true that it was going to go ahead unless there was a fans revolt?
    "It was never going to go ahead".........but we tried it anyway.
    The flowers in the background are for the death of the ESL.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    "It was never going to go ahead".........but we tried it anyway.
    The flowers in the background are for the death of the ESL.
    tees - it will go ahead. That's the point.

They won't stop and this will happen - just under another name. This was about testing the water at a sneaky time while no fans are at grounds.

The future is mapped out. It is also true to bring this back to SKY TV - the birth of the Premier league that was the start... this is the end game.

They won't stop and this will happen - just under another name. This was about testing the water at a sneaky time while no fans are at grounds.

The future is mapped out. It is also true to bring this back to SKY TV - the birth of the Premier league that was the start... this is the end game.
    Absolutely mate, I said last night that its a coup that's failed but almost deliberately to make the bigger play either easier or less of a hammer blow.
    Death in its current guise but very much alive in the " big picture".

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    What were people's thoughts on these owners when they bought the club ?. I'm asking because i wasn't on here at the time so never saw anyone's opinion on it.
    Personally, it was massive relief. The H&G saga had dragged on for so long, it just felt like a massive weight had been lifted. That said, no one had any illusions that FSG were the best thing since sliced bread... it was accepted from day one that they're American and would never understand football from a cultural perspective. That opinion has been proven time after time.

Their moment of personal glory was recruiting Klopp. No one can take that away from them. He's been the best thing to happen to the club for decades.

I'm not FSG Out, purely because the only realistic alternative that I can see (Saudi oil money) doesn't sit comfortably with me.

FSG have blotted their copy book almost beyond repair. Time will tell whether they can fix the damage done, but one way or another, we have to accept that we're stuck with them for the immediate future.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    A statement of a different style from the Milan ultras.

Milan supporters group Curva Sud released a different kind of statement that hit out at the world of football in general.

“Honestly, it makes us laugh to see all those people in the control room of football suddenly claim we fans are first and foremost.

“The Super League is just the latest in a long line of innumerable manoeuvres over decades that has made football into a business.

“The birth of this new competition would certainly be another shove to the football of old, which is by now a distant memory, and will inevitably obscure the tradition of the various national leagues, robbing football of the undeniable principle of sporting meritocracy.

“But the thing that most leaves us indignant is the hypocrisy of all those who contributed to making this sport nothing but a business, those who today stand up in name of the fans, but only because they saw their remunerative and seemingly untouchable project fall apart.

“Football did belong to the people until the 1990s, when the Champions League was born, destroying the old European Cup. From that moment, an unbreachable chasm has been created between the big and small clubs.

“Football did belong to the people even when nobody lifted a finger to stop the increase of ticket prices that was imposed by some Presidents.

“Football did belong to the people even when nobody stepped in to stop the rise of the super agents, who took player salaries to ever more astronomical figures, which could only be sustained with TV rights, the same TV companies that imposed increasingly chaotic fixture lists, with games on improbable days and kick-off times.

“Football did belong to the people even when rules were imposed to stop any rapport between the players and the fans.

“Football did belong to the people even when Supercoppa Finals were played on other continents or the dates of some games were changed a few days before kick-off, damaging those fans who had booked trains or planes to get to the stadium.

“Football did belong to the people even when some clubs were allowed to circumvent Financial Fair Play, while others with less influential Presidents were penalised.

“Football did belong to the people even when the World Cup was forced to Qatar in 2022, despite moving the entire calendar and disregarding human rights violations.

“We could list numerous other examples to show the absolute hypocrisy of the words we’re hearing from the football chiefs over the last 48 hours.

“The Super League is just the latest disgusting step, but those who took football to this point are no less grotesque, so save us these ludicrous performances of rhetoric and morality.

“Now that the money is running out, feel free to fight it out between yourselves, but don’t you dare name the fans. PIGS!
    this is tops!!!

Super Soccer World Series
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I would say it was one of relief to get rid of the other two.

I was wary as I would be if anyone new came in its in my nature to think that way.

I remember a lifelife fan Steve Morgan ? Tried to get us good job he didnt think he failed elsewhere Wolves maybe ?

FSG got off to a great start though by firing Roy and bringing back The King.

My opinion of them has gone down abit but im not surprised they are good business people that is not in question, they just tried to get involved in the sporting side which they know nothing about.

I know lots of fans are FSG out now but im not going to say that as you dont know who is lurking.
    Thanks Legs.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.