Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516172060 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

Tottenham joining a European Super League is like Super-Ted joining the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Tottenham joining a European Super League is like Super-Ted joining the Avengers.
    brilliant. And the best ones are always rooted in truth.

I can only assume that being one of the 2 big London clubs with a shiny new stadium has helped them - that or Levy has some mighty big friends in certain quarters. I believe Spurs want to Hold NFL games at the White Hart Lane?

Only positive I can see if fans turn there back on this shit and support "smaller" clubs in lower leagues, grassroots footie etc oh also the squad will get this massive rebuild some people think we need, because salah robertson and hendo mane etc etc won't want to not play for the national side.

if it goes ahead, hard as it is, I can't continue plastic isn't the word for this shite

#FSGOUT
    Last edited by Kev0909; 19th April 2021 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I see.

Although I think there's a level of delusion or at least naivete if you truly believe that these Oil Sheikhs (and Russian Oil Barons) own these clubs because of,....."love of the game"

Roman bought Chelsea because it was another offshore investment for him, where he could park some of those ill-gotten billions of rubbles he's "appropriated" from Russian people like his fellow Putin-buddy Oligarchs.
    It's no different than when Chinese billionaires park their millions and billions in Swiss villas and mansions in the Caribbean.

It might be a bit different with the Middle Eastern state owned petro Barons, but with them its more of a status and ego thing than anything to do with love of the game.
    They don't care about the football community in Manchester or East London or Paris.
    Otherwise why choose those (coincidentally) large cities with great football histories in which to buy clubs and not the Aston Villas and the Newcastles as you pointed out?

At least the Americans are openly more honest (more or less) about their motives to make money and profit, and to the extent that the club succeeds, they get what they want out of their investment, and are not just pouring money down a drain on a toy until they get bored of it and fling it over their shoulder like a bratty child when they're done.

The idea that there's a billionaire (or a bunch of them) out there who's a true dyed-in-the-wool blood red true football fan and member of his community type that will buy your club and whose motives will only be for pure love of the game and the club,......is....frankly speaking, delusional.
    They don't exist.
    You're more likely to find the Tooth fairy or Santa Claus.

So why we would hold modern owners that that as a standard of expectation, is beyond me.

I know the devil that FSG are.
    I also know the angels that Roman and the Sheikhs are not.
    At least FSG didn't come to their billions by virtue of their proximity to centers of power in their country that are responsible for violating all manner of human rights, so in that sense there's a little bit more cleanliness in conscience than from being owned by "Oil Baron money"....coming from places where they literally still have human slavery, or places where opponents of your buddy Putin are poisoned or thrown into prison to be killed slowly for good measure.

But that's just me.
    Of course they do.....City and Chelski style owners dont need the profits generated by a Football clubs.......

Young sheikhs....Russian Oligarchs playing football manager........wanna do itfor real...

Difference is they will support the club they and just like us they will do anything to see it succeed....

The Americans will be gone as soon there's a hit to the bottom line!!!

That is a classic Sid

Fair play to clubs in germany for refusing to Join, Bayern & dortmund

Shame we didn't as it goes against everything this club has ever stood for when you think about it, fucking yanks get out of our game

I generally feel ashamed

there's always AFC Liverpool!
    Last edited by Kev0909; 19th April 2021 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Fair play to clubs in germany for refusing to Join, Bayern & dortmund

Shame we didn't as it goes against everything this club has ever stood for when you think about it, fucking yanks get out of our game

I generally feel ashamed

there's always AFC Liverpool!
    This is a Proper Yank move .....

Jose just got the Sack...

Illogical timing....must be a Row with Levy about Super League.....

That and Jose stifles Talent
    Last edited by shminkyred; 19th April 2021 at 10:32 AM.

Woodward leaves position at uefa

From 2016

1. We Keep Trying to Make Statistics Happen
    The habit of turning players and games into collections of numbers that’s so suited to baseball and basketball has zero predictive power in the beautiful game. One inexplicably popular statistic is possession–a subjective and murky way of measuring how long teams have the ball. US fans obsess over possession, uttering questions like, “Why can’t DC United score with 62 percent possession?” Well, because possession doesn’t mean points. Don’t believe me? Here’s a series of charts demonstrating the absence of almost any correlation.

for the other 4...

https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/0...uining-soccer/