Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718192262 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

I get the UEFA arguments but this is about the fans and the very nature of the sport.

This is total disregard for the entire fabric of the game. It only benefits those who seek to profit financially.

I cannot think of much worse

Don't post on here anymore, but thought I'd share my deep insight with you one last time: fuck for this.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Don't post on here anymore, but thought I'd share my deep insight with you one last time: fuck for this.
    Now fella, I was just thinking you had been on for ages? Why don't you post anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Worryingly he might walk even if it doesn't happen due to the nature of it.
    I'm not going along with all the pure outrage around it. It's basically just walking away from UEFA, something none of us as LFC fans should care about after thry hung the club out to dry in 85/6. The big clubs getting richer is nothing new and was never going to change or balance out at any point. Its a business.
    It's giving the big clubs more power regardless of it happening or not but the fact people are leaving positions in UEFA and the planning thats gone in looks like its moving for sure.
    We all like to think we are mooral crusaders but we aren't and it really won't change that much.
    The format of the CL was changing to a worse one so the big clubs have took the power into their own hands and screwed UEFA over.
    Nah it’s pure greed from the clubs driving this. They want to have their cake and eat it. The announcement from uefa outlining the restructured champions league actually drives home how much concessions these absolute cretins are after. Extra spots for elite clubs who fail to qualify. I mean ffs. That means 20 games in when it’s obvious the title is out of reach we can just sit back and coast through the season. It’s almost worse than the super league idea. They can all get fucked including Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Now fella, I was just thinking you had been on for ages? Why don't you post anymore?
    Don't really get anything out of it anymore. Might feel the itch some day again - as I did just now.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I get the UEFA arguments but this is about the fans and the very nature of the sport.

This is total disregard for the entire fabric of the game. It only benefits those who seek to profit financially.

I cannot think of much worse
    Whats changing for fans? Ticket prices are expensive nd nigh on impossible to get anyway.
    Its the big clubs protecting themselves yes and thats wrong but overall I think people will forget very quickly.
    Football clubs only wanting to seek profit has been the game for more than long enough. This just increases it a bit.
    Like voters gettimg a mental block and forgetting what cunts the Tories are when they go to the polling station.

None of our lads on Instagram commenting on this yet. They normally never miss a chance to talk bollox online.

Part of the Liverpool FC website statement:

"Liverpool Football Club can confirm that we have joined Europe's leading clubs in agreeing to form a new competition, the European Super League.

A joint statement released by all 12 founding clubs can be found below, with further information being made available in due course.

We are committed to working with all stakeholders, particularly supporters, as plans for the competition develop."

Sloblocks - our Supporters would NEVER have agreed to get involved in this.

I am appalled. UEFA and FIFA are corrupt enough:
    UEFA allowed the European Cup Final to go ahead at a CRUMBLING Heysel stadium, then washed their hands of it when there was a disaster.
    FIFA - 2022 World Cup in Qatar during November and December, disrupting every European League's fixtures.
    The game has gone to shit in a hand cart, thanks to the corruption.
    Money is killing the game.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Nah it’s pure greed from the clubs driving this. They want to have their cake and eat it. The announcement from uefa outlining the restructured champions league actually drives home how much concessions these absolute cretins are after. Extra spots for elite clubs who fail to qualify. I mean ffs. That means 20 games in when it’s obvious the title is out of reach we can just sit back and coast through the season. It’s almost worse than the super league idea. They can all get fucked including Liverpool
    Of course its about greed mate, when has football not been about that in the last 30 years? The big clubs protecting themselves in some format has been talked about for years.
    It shouldn't be a shock to anyone. The big clubs currently see the situation as a kind of football communism. They are propping up everyone else and want rewarding for it.

The disappointing thing is if it goes ahead is how young people will view it, they won't know any better. Like kids who followed football from 1995 onwards. No idea that the CL was once called the European Cup and was KO tournament from the off the game is becoming very Americanised but in a bad way not the good way where one team cant dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    None of our lads on Instagram commenting on this yet. They normally never miss a chance to talk bollox online.
    Probably been stopped from doing so.