Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920212464 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Ya, sorry, I'm on my phone. I meant to say he has spoken out against it. With the year we have had this might push him into an early break from football.
    It wouldn't shock me if he did. Kind of against everything he stands for ( and the club and its fanbase as a whole) but obviously FSG don't care.
    Im genuinely surprised at the level of outrage, like some people have suddenly realised big club owners don't give a fuck about fans and only care about profit.

The owners obviously want the club to make its own money. they have no intention of spending their own.. shows how they have behaved in the last 2 seasons with lack of input in money..the debacle over furloughing the staff. Shows they werent gonna put their hands in their own pocket.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Exactly mate. It won't change much for us as LFC fans.
    FSG do not represent the fans or the clubs heritage and history.
    The defining moments in our lives are never planned.

Jurgen Klopp made his feelings known of a potential Super League back in 2019. He did not hold back at all.

"I hope this Super League will never happen," he told Kicker, per Liverpool Echo.

"With the way the Champions League is now running, football has a great product, even with the Europa League.

"For me, the Champions League is the Super League, in which you do not always end up playing against the same teams.

"Of course, it is [financially] important, but why should we create a system where Liverpool faces Real Madrid for 10 straight years?

https://www.givemesport.com/1677690-...2019-resurface

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Exactly mate. It won't change much for us as LFC fans.
    FSG do not represent the fans or the clubs heritage and history.
    Exactly, Neville rant about Liverpool YNWA Peoples club all the digs he could get in not one scouser made this decision.

It was made by a businessman not the people of Liverpool..Manchester or London.

‘A new chapter for European football’ – Man United’s Joel Glazer on why Red Devils are at the forefront of the Super League

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/0...-super-league/

That Manc twat Neville needs to zip it

Football fans' fury at 'greedy' American billionaires and banks trying to 'tear up the beautiful game' as Boris vows to BLOCK England's 'Big Six' clubs' bid to form new European Super League

Don’t believe I am saying this but - go go Joris Bonson...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-League.html

We need to hear from you Jurgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We need to hear from you Jurgen.
    Tonight’s post match interview, will be very interesting regardless of the result.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Absolutely and hopefully illuminating.

From The Guardian

The former Football Association and Manchester City chairman David Bernstein said he was ashamed of his old club and the creation of the new league showed the desperation of club owners who had built up huge debts.

“There are two things in play here, one is greed and the other is desperation because some of these clubs … have incurred enormous debts, certainly Barcelona and Real Madrid and at least one of the English clubs who shall remain nameless are approaching £1bn of debt,” he told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme. “It’s a lifeline that is going to end, if it happens at all, very badly.”

The new league is likely to resemble US sports leagues, where there is no promotion or relegation and owners can predict steady yearly profits. Many of the recent purchasers of big European football clubs already owned sports teams in the US. The Glazer family bought the NFL team the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1995 for $192m; it is estimated to be worth $1.2bn today.

“Sustainable” love that word - so cleverly used to trick the gullible.

Bought by Yanks and debt applied - sold to Yanks for half price - debt recovered... But what was really going on..?

Said from day one - we were sold by the banks to the banks.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...n-super-league
    Last edited by Steveo; 19th April 2021 at 02:22 PM.