Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021222565 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Exactly, Neville rant about Liverpool YNWA Peoples club all the digs he could get in not one scouser made this decision.

It was made by a businessman not the people of Liverpool..Manchester or London.
    He also said he was ashamed of Manchester United......come on lets remember who we are pissed off with....lol

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    He also said he was ashamed of Manchester United......come on lets remember who we are pissed off with....lol
    You are right - Just heard him in full and he slams both clubs - and Arsenal and Superted Spurs...too - and rightly so

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Exactly, totally agreed with Neville, he was criticising the owners saying they were all just temporary and not what historically Liverpool or the fans were about.
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Will these games be played at all hours of the day and night to satisfy viewers from far and wide you’d wonder

Uefa now talking about kicking the 12 teams out asap. Can't see that happening, more likely they'll all come to some agreement. I think it stinks but we also need to remember UEFA and FA are all self serving greedy twats and none of them are to be trusted as we all know.
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I think I'd be done with football.. Probably look at results but wouldn't invest in it.

Anyone think klopp could walk? Has he spoken out against this before?
    I dont get the objections though I believe there were similar reactions to the conception of European football.

European footy wasn't a tradition either, all this is imo is an addition to the European football scene.
    Taking advantage of the traction football has with fans in the UK/PL in particular and its wider global audience.

It will either derive a scenario whereby the CL is revamped to add more of the best teams from the best leagues into the competition and increase the availability of top matches throughout the season. A top 6 from the PL would be a fair addition rather than some tiny club qualifying out of the novelty of having a legia warsaw or even lesser club in the competition.
    Maybe the 5th and 6th place pl sides entering into the qualifiers stage.

Or it will produce a third European cup. A new Top Tier competition without some of the lesser clubs to get more of the best teams into the competition. 5 spots open for those who achieve on merit.
    Then you'll have the CL becoming the sid cup and the sid cup becoming the cup winners cup (excuse my historical lack of knowledge)
    Which will just mean more European football available for each club potentially.
    Pick your clubs but the toffees or west ham could be in the new sid cup formerly CL, with Newcastle fans having the option of being in whatever the present sid cup would become.

As per Klopp who knows, being a more mature and reasonable person than your average person, I'd suspect he'd wait and see what happens.
    If it turns out to be a rejuvenated CL, why would he walk, that's been on the cards for sometime.
    If it turns out as a new top tier European cup, well we'd need to see how that would pan out, like would there be 3 European cups on the go each year ? Why would he walk.
    Got to get with the times imo and accept the changes that occur.

If he walks over this I'd be surprised. Has had 2 years since his musings on the matter and I'd guess hes hardly out of the loop on such matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
    Uefa now talking about kicking the 12 teams out asap. Can't see that happening, more likely they'll all come to some agreement. I think it stinks but we also need to remember UEFA and FA are all self serving greedy twats and none of them are to be trusted as we all know.
    Yep. The Premier league have called a meeting either the other 14 teams. I'm presuming Norwich are invited and Sheff U aren't?
    How pathetic, its like they're saying "yeah, we'll show em' won't we.......?"
    The Premier league without the 6 clubs. Pretty much worthless. Looks like you're over a barrel their lads so best of luck with that shiw of strength.

Agree CCTV. tTake away the no relegation part and theres little to be angry about from a fans point of view. Nothing can or was being done about "grass roots" football anyway by these 6.
    Something like this was always going to happen, it's just a surprise its taken this long.

It kills all competion though.

I'm not against reformatting the CL but we cant have a competition where teams are guaranteed places just because they have more money.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Imagine thinking this is ok hahaha