Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree CCTV. tTake away the no relegation part and theres little to be angry about from a fans point of view. Nothing can or was being done about "grass roots" football anyway by these 6.
    Something like this was always going to happen, it's just a surprise its taken this long.
    The details and the inevitable outcomes are a bit unclear at the minute imo.

But I'd wager over time there would be relegation as it would always want to be the best sides. If a Leicester were to overtake spurs say and spurs were just slithering about collecting cheques they'd eventually get kicked out.
    Also 5 teams to be invited each year means there is at least promotion at its inception.

The comparison with Amercian football is a little poor imo, as football is a far bigger game at the elite level and players aren't essentially only going to play in the super league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Imagine thinking this is ok hahaha
    Imagine thinking differently...

I just heard super league have already gone to court to block any sanctions against them.....this is a coup that has been planned out with military precision...

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    It kills all competion though.

I'm not against reformatting the CL but we cant have a competition where teams are guaranteed places just because they have more money.
    Yes that's the only issue. All the things like grass roots,fans etc are moot points because they have never been taken into consideration by clubs,the Premier league or UEFA at any point so being furious about it now is a bit after the horse has bolted.
    I'm glad UEFA are going to get screwed over. They deserve it. They have been screwing fans over for years with their corporate UEFA family bullshit.
    Euro finals tickets bring divided between their sponsors and fans get a paltry amount which just increases counterfeit tickets and scalpers.
    Added to what a bunch of shithouses they are in general. It's the football House of Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I just heard super league have already gone to court to block any sanctions against them.....this is a coup that has been planned out with military precision...
    It seems so. Project big picture was never really canned.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Will these games be played at all hours of the day and night to satisfy viewers from far and wide you’d wonder
    Get your alarm clock ready Eggy LFC v MUFC at Chennai it will go this way.

They want new fans not legacy ones remember.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Competence versus UEFA

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep. The Premier league have called a meeting either the other 14 teams. I'm presuming Norwich are invited and Sheff U aren't?
    How pathetic, its like they're saying "yeah, we'll show em' won't we.......?"
    The Premier league without the 6 clubs. Pretty much worthless. Looks like you're over a barrel their lads so best of luck with that shiw of strength.
    Yes the big six make all the tv money for the league but if the six ESL clubs finish 1-6 are you going to have teams in the CL finishing 9th and Europa for teams in 12th ?

It would be a farce mate you would have to be really bad to not get Europesn football I mean even the bitters have a chance 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The details and the inevitable outcomes are a bit unclear at the minute imo.

But I'd wager over time there would be relegation as it would always want to be the best sides. If a Leicester were to overtake spurs say and spurs were just slithering about collecting cheques they'd eventually get kicked out.
    Also 5 teams to be invited each year means there is at least promotion at its inception.

The comparison with Amercian football is a little poor imo, as football is a far bigger game at the elite level and players aren't essentially only going to play in the super league.
    That's the way I'm seeing it. 5 available places each season.
    It is shit that teams are immune but thus has been talked about for a while. They're all in on this together and think without us you are nothing" and from that point its hard to argue. They are taking the power from UEFA and they are powerless to stop it. If it doesn't happen UEFA are still at their mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yes the big six make all the tv money for the league but if the six ESL clubs finish 1-6 are you going to have teams in the CL finishing 9th and Europa for teams in 12th ?

It would be a farce mate you would have to be really bad to not get Europesn football I mean even the bitters have a chance 🤣
    Is having lots of teams in Europe a bad thing? Could end up being good for lots of clubs.