Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1821222324252627282930313233343538 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

Teesred - agree totally about the pundits - they'll take jobs with whomever has the broadcasting rights to ESL. I'm based in the UK/Portugal for the moment but have owned a US business for 25+ years and lived in Houston for over a decade. So, I'm not a newbie NFL fan and don't hate the format. If it happens fans will get used to it - and to be honest isn't Red Bulls move with Leipzig effectively the same type of buy franchise move? City with their other clubs around the world? It's already in football - we just have to support the club and accept things evolve.

Liverpool skipper Jordan Henderson has called an emergency meeting of the Premier League captains to discuss a response to Super League

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Hope we and the other 5 get kicked out the league, and others out of europe

Fuck it

err..isn't that what the FA and the rest of the Premier League teams doesn't want to happen?
    You are essentially an oxygen thief.

Guardiola. "its not sport when success is guaranteed". The irony from that twat.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    err..isn't that what the FA and the rest of the Premier League teams doesn't want to happen?
    Why threaten to do it then?

I'd rather watch the prem still over the super league, which the fans that have been going to the games all there life can't go and support anymore, as it'll be in places like Dubai qatar, etc no doubt, good for fake arse african/yank clueless fans at least I guess that no nothing about passion for the game/club

Oh and talks of shorter games, as apparently 90 mins is too long for the younger generation to handle to watch (lol)

Imagine how much adverts during half-time might aswell start calling it American football 2. only way it'll be financelly viable in the long run tbf, can't just keep throwing 100's of millions at it.

Might be ok to watch first season, but with the same teams it'll get boring real fast, and noone moving anywhere, pathetic, Won't even a real "win" if we won the "super league" cus it's just a cup of pure greed with no history, much like we think of man city still, man utd still the bigger "rival"

Far as i'm concerned the money these greedy yank cunts will get, they shouldn't be allowed to stay in the prem etc and compete with those that actually like football, and think of the fans, I'm with the other 14 clubs on this.

even with the difference now there's still some shock results, and teams surprising like Leicester have been over the seasons etc that can actually compete with teams that can spend more, but this is INSANE amount... it'll be like the scottish league, but a few more teams- rest just there for numbers, shite.

What will the special occasions be ?, the famous european nights? all them we've had in history.. all gone, there will be nothing, because everything will be the norm

Class statement from everton today.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 20th April 2021 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah they really do need to be doing this.

Im not surprised our owners have done it as they are business people and it is their job to try get more cash into the club.

I think they have misread how this would play out or is a clever ploy to get UEFA to back down and give them more control....its a risk tactic if that is the case.
    I believe our owners were slated for missing out on economic growth through the birth of the PL. Now our owners are being slated for taking part in economic growth with a new shiny tournament, not premier, or champions but super. Assuming it actually materialises and they aren't just playing hard ball.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I believe our owners were slated for missing out on economic growth through the birth of the PL. Now our owners are being slated for taking part in economic growth with a new shiny tournament, not premier, or champions but super. Assuming it actually materialises and they aren't just playing hard ball.
    The owners know fuck all about football and even less about the History. To call us "legacy fans" really is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I think those talks (With UEFA over the changes they wanted to the CL) were just window dressing, and they never had any intention of accepting the changes that UEFA was going to put forth (which they probably felt would fall short of what they wanted).
    It's clear from the fact that all the while the talks were going on, contracts were being signed behind the scenes, and why now the likes of Infantino and Ceferin feel like they were blindsided and backstabbed - which is something of a joke.

If you're taking part in negotiations that you feel are not going well, you usually KNOW that ahead of any announcements.
    Otherwise you're really lousy at your job.

I hate to say it, but this entire mess was created by UEFA (and by extension FIFA) themselves and we could even extent it a bit to the Premier League (and by extension the respective leagues of the other 6 clubs) and it's a mess that these 12 are now exploiting and milking to their advantage.
    I've read (though not enough to be sure) this esl idea gained more and more traction after recent uefa/fifa controversies.
    Those 2 bodies and the PL have seemingly had an attitude of what else are you going to do with the biggest clubs, their star earners. That's the seeds of their own demise and not a great attitude.

I'd agree that there's probably been a long enough process and the big clubs have pulled together on this issue. Just seems like their hands were forced by the new cl format announcement, which might have come as a surprise, its timing.

I've heard on the radio that there seems to be some resolution in sight regarding a healing process. Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The owners know fuck all about football and even less about the History. To call us "legacy fans" really is a disgrace.
    I haven't heard of this legacy fans label, what was the context?
    They seem to know enough about the sport imo to get some success.

Our success in the last 3 years has been down solely to Klopp.. The owners could careless about winning stuff. Its just about the DOLLAR.
    We will see how much they care in the summer transfer window.. Klopp will be given peanuts again. When in reality we need huge input..Jurgen is not the type to rock the boat when it comes to demands. He doesnt want debt to go against the club (in my opinion). So will just accept the meagre amount he will able to spend.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century