Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

Football's over for me if this goes ahead. Luckily it's never going to get off the ground so I'll keep watching. Occasionally I am embarrassed by Liverpool and its fans but to be part of this is the biggest embarrassment ever.
    Apologies to Everton, Newcastle, Villa etc. Who do we and the other big 6 clubs think we are. So disappointing.
    Sadly the modified champs league is also a big club greed fest. That probably will come to pass. Almost just as disappointing. I loved football in the 70s and 80s. I'll always have those memories.

I have to say I like the use of the word cynical by so many of its opponents

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well exactly if Messi or Ronaldo were banned from a world cup how do you sell that ??

Its typical of the world in all aspects of life greed takes over.
    To be fair if Messi was banned from
    a WC - Argentina might get out of their group

Should never EVER have let US owners into a sport that they view purely the same way a vulture views a carcass.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Should never EVER have let US owners into a sport that they view purely the same way a vulture views a carcass.
    You could say that but money talks.

The guy you said was possibly the best owner ever has also signed up didnt realise he was a yank 🤣🤣

Oh dear - file under - must try harder.

All the big 6 bar City ( oh how moral they are lol ) will sign up - nobody wants to have their fingers out of this pie, as they would fall way behind were it to happen, but the driving force from the Premier league is the 2 US owned clubs.

And Roman is now an Israeli citizen LEGS - so Uncle Sam is on his side.

No Premier club should EVER have entertained this. I am certain but for United and us - this would have been the case.

City are involved

I get you Steveo we all know yanks like money but lets not kid ourselves if West Ham who have British owners were invited would they say no ??

For the record its a shit idea I mean if you automatically qualify what is the point.

We had to swallow our medicine with Roy and the dismal years after but that is what made our CL and league win taste better.

I guess id have to see exactly what we do, I can easily walk away from the game if it is something I dont believe in.

The premier league and Sky do have a nerve though they started all this back in the 90s snd its got worse over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    City are involved
    So a clean sweep. You think no club that believes it can access this could afford to turn their noses up at it.

It will be the end of football as we know it and will be massively damaging to any club left out.

It’s wrong - and we know who is driving it.

Best we can hope for is that it never sees the light of day.