Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3033343536373839404142434445464750 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Good few days of drama, better than anything on T.V 9/10
    That's not exactly hard to achieve these days.

Who advised this whole idea? Some have said it was all planned with military precision. I don't think so. Some American bankers have a lot to answer for. Surely they would've tested the mood of fans to this. Without their buy in you've nothing.
    What really pisses me off is that the Spanish and Italian giants are skint. Great... a few years ahead of CL domination by none Spanish/Italian teams. Happy days.
    No. Our yank owners don't see the opportunity this presents. The rest of Europe is desperate to get the wealth of the EPL but we throw our hand in with them. Unbelievable. This shows FSG etc not bothered about a period of European domination. Its money.
    Finally I don't blame the owners. They're all skint too. The focus should shift to the players. This whole caper is driven by player greed. Bring in a salary cap. Why can't that work. Let it be known that earning more than 100K a week to play football is obscene. Guilt is a tool to use over ever spiralling player wages. Don't give me that short career bollocks either.

It will be interesting to see if the red bird capital investment still goes through. This shambles has been planned for years so they must have known about it.

There's been a lot of hypocrisy in this entire affair

For the Premier League, FA, Sky and BT it's about control, their positions, their ability to influence the final Premier League standings using or rather misusing VAR and who gets to play in the Champions League and to win the Premier League

It's also about their ability to make incredible amounts of money from the rights to broadcast Premier League and Champions League games, their sole concern in all of this has been no different to what they were accusing the clubs of, it's about greed and protecting their position

The other 14 Premier League clubs get an effective massive free hand out with the amount of TV money they get, given LFC and the filthy's huge global followings bring in most of the money and a lot of clubs chairman pay themselves incredible money out of that

When asked to help out Championship clubs in the pandemic Palace's chairman said "Supermarkets don't give free hand outs to corner shops" Yet he expects the free hand out of TV money generated by Liverpool and the filthy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Following this a few things need to happen

The Premier League need to give the clubs whose global fanbases generate the vast majority of the TV money a fairer share on that basis, not what they've been asking for, but make a reasonable concession, it actually isn't right these clubs have to effectively subsidise the other 14 to the level they do, especially as many of the owners pocket or mismanage vast sums of that money

The Premier League FA Refs association Sky and BT have to cut this Sky Sports through the Fergie era Anyone but Liverpool crap right the fuck out, there were 6 fucking clubs involved in this, but we got the 12 points robbed from us through pure bent officiating, we were apparently the bad guys, none of the other 5 got any of that diabolical treatment and it's not fucking acceptable, they need to remember who pays their wages and start treating our club with the respect it deserves, not like second class citizens when with the filthy we're the main 2 bringing in most of the money

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There's been a lot of hypocrisy in this entire affair

For the Premier League, FA, Sky and BT it's about control, their positions, their ability to influence the final Premier League standings using or rather misusing VAR and who gets to play in the Champions League and to win the Premier League

It's also about their ability to make incredible amounts of money from the rights to broadcast Premier League and Champions League games, their sole concern in all of this has been no different to what they were accusing the clubs of, it's about greed and protecting their position

The other 14 Premier League clubs get an effective massive free hand out with the amount of TV money they get, given LFC and the filthy's huge global followings bring in most of the money and a lot of clubs chairman pay themselves incredible money out of that

When asked to help out Championship clubs in the pandemic Palace's chairman said "Supermarkets don't give free hand outs to corner shops" Yet he expects the free hand out of TV money generated by Liverpool and the filthy
    The players are one of the biggest hypocrites as well. Henderson is on 140or 160k a week. Wonder what enables the club to pay that type of salary. If they loved the fans they would have long time stood up to corporate greed such as t-shirts sales, ppv, ticket prices etc.

Those who would have lost financially has pulled of a coup and used the fans to help them. UEFA and FA are making ridiculous sums of money out of football. UEFA/FIFA create inflated tournaments to keep associations happy through so called solidarity payments and all of them man in suits pocket huge chunks of money.

SKY maybe knew that Amazon or some American broadcaster would have the rights and that is why they crying foul.

Watch the transfer window our owners are going to show us that the ESL was a necessary evil. They are going to purchase Origi level as they will say they have been hit hard by the pandemic. Also after this "power" of fans i don't see other investors buying into football, if they are in it for the money. The fans and government have shown that as the business owner you have the power that they are looking for.

It is going to be fun come transfer window time...

Problem with that 19 is that it would cause a la liga situation where it stretches the financial gap creating an uncompetitive league.

I think a salary cap across all of football would fix a lot of issues.

It would stop the players wages from spiralling out of control, it would mean the clubs have a set amount to spend and they wouldn't be chasing big contracts to stay at the top of the game.

It would stop the likes of City and Chelsea stockpiling players and create a more even distribution of the best players.

What’s this? Are we to expect worse than 14 lowest net spend now?

How about we try and match a few Championship clubs? Times are hard and we have won nothing in the last few years. We just need to win a big one - any big one and perhaps we can go out and actually buy a top class player without losing one first.

Jokes aside - agree with Jinky to a degree - the players salaries are ridiculous and yet they always escape any attack.

Nobody should earn £300,000 a week for kicking a ball while we claim this is a sport for the people,

The Premier League and FA need to respect the fucking product and clean house and get rid of all the twats stuck on the Murdoch/Ferguson mantra "When United do well we all do well" stop trying to prop them up and make them 'Earn it' like every other club

They're not even the best team in Manchester and haven't been for going on a decade, nor are they a great advertisement for the Premier League propping them up to get them in the Champions League and they weren't ever approaching the level of recognition or respect across Europe of Liverpool in the 70's or 80's and under Jurgen even at the height of Ferguson's propped up domestic dominance

THAT is in no way shape or form good for the Premier League brand

The ref's association need to clean house major league too, get rid of Riley and a few other of Fergies and Gills men and tackle the incredible disproportionate numbers of Manchester officials in their ranks too

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Problem with that 19 is that it would cause a la liga situation where it stretches the financial gap creating an uncompetitive league.

I think a salary cap across all of football would fix a lot of issues.

It would stop the players wages from spiralling out of control, it would mean the clubs have a set amount to spend and they wouldn't be chasing big contracts to stay at the top of the game.

It would stop the likes of City and Chelsea stockpiling players and create a more even distribution of the best players.
    It's up to the other clubs to run themselves better and their owners to stop trousering or wasting their money, it would make them invest more in their academies and give more young players opportunities and stop many of their stupid revolving door managerial bollocks they waste so much money on

12 of those 16 other clubs spent more than we did the last 4 seasons, why the fuck should we subsidise the fuckers to trouser or waste that money through poor running of their clubs?

If we managed to overhaul City's multi billion pound assembled outfit over 4 seasons spending less than 14 of those 16 clubs, what's the issue?
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 21st April 2021 at 08:09 AM.