Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    No. Again you don't understand the argument.

Their increases in value are variable for varying reasons.

Their increases are not merely the product of market inflation - like real estate.

Your argument is wrong. I wasn't disputing an argument about who is the best or who is more valuable, I was disputing the idea that FSG have increased the value of the club in the way that any other owner would.

Try to have some discipline, Steveo..

Oh it's my fault for not understanding the argument.

The only discussion I am having is about the nature of their investment.

I must admit it is a struggle as you seem hell bent on finding these niche arguments that nobody cares about and that only you can decipher . Why not focus on the fact that John W Henry is starting to resemble as much of a fraud as you.

Have you lot nothing better to be getting on with !!

Fair point Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

What can't speak can't lie. You wanted to credit the owners for the huge increase in value and I showed you how it is not all down to them..
    This isn't true, Steveo, but you already know that. You are more interested in not losing than being truthful.

I pointed out that making the club more valuable was their means to making a profit (not milking it - they don't draw profits as far as we know).
    You claimed the increase in value was akin to real estate increases - non specific inflation.
    I pointed out how that could be shown to be wrong.
    You proceeded to prove your idea is in fact wrong due to the varying valuation changes of top clubs - unless you can show that generic market forces are variable, which would be a moot point anyway as you already contradicted yourself by claiming Arsene Wenger's career influenced Arsenal's market value, thereby introducing other factors that may cause price inflation.

Then you waved your hands and name-called as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Again the fantasy world of Taksin. The medicine man who doesn't understand the function of a parasite. A prime example of how poor education standards are these days.
    What is the function of a parasite?

This idea has not gone away.
    It has surfaced twice this season.
    I have not seen a retraction from the Spanish sides - Real Madrid in particular.
    Germany and France were apparently never interested.
    Should we/Uefa be looking to the future without Spain/Real Madrid unless they follow some new rules. They would surely have to follow. Their hand must be much weaker now.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I have not seen a retraction from the Spanish sides - Real Madrid in particular.
    Should we/Uefa be looking to the future without Spain/Real Madrid unless they follow some new rules. They would surely have to follow. Their hand must be much weaker now.
    Germany and France showing how much more enlightened they are at not entertaining this American styled bastardisation of the sport some of us love.

@ Taksin go away and provide some evidence of your theories on the complex reasons for success and failure.

We can present them to various clubs and make a mint..

The reason a few might not have pulled out is possibly so they dont pay a fine ?

German and French politics wouldnt let them apparently but dont forget PSG not want to upset FIFA as they gave them a blood stained world cup.

You would think Madrid hand is weaker but I bet you it isnt UEFA will soon be tucked up in bed with them.

Another thing with Sky/BT these pair of arseholes tried to PPV games charging fans £15 a game during this pandemic now they are trying to make out they are "ALL ABOUT THE FANS" bullshit....I mean did they care about putting us on tv away on a Friday night at Southampton a few seasons back ? No of course not.

As I said from the start it wont happen ...its not just Henry/Glazer who are greedy them pair are and so are UEFA/FIFA.

Posting a video is nowhere near enough.
    I think John Henry needs to come here in person and somehow address the fans in public to explain himself, his reasoning and his future plans.
    I have a strong feeling that we’ll never see him at Anfield again. Time will tell.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

It would be nice to know how this 'Cartel' surfaced and how just those 'clubs' were singled out and signed up with such a covert operation. No apparent collaboration or discussion with other stakeholders (including broadcasters and fans and all the businesses that revolve around match days).
    Will Eufa conduct an investigation.
    It would be nice to receive an assurance from our owner that this was a massive mistake and won't happen again.
    Come here John.
    Spend some time in the community. Realise how people are suffering in this pandemic.
    Be seen to be here.
    Realise what football means to us.