Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 646495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

No LFC players should get more than Crewe as they play at a higher level I mean you could cap it at £100k a week thats over £5m a year that is plenty.
    These are just arbitrary numbers though. Why is it morally acceptable to earn 100k a week but not 200K? There is no principle there, it's just an uneasiness with big earnings.

If we don't want them to earn lots of money we shouldn't get so excited about what they are doing, tying it to our own sense of meaning and happiness. We could always take up darts.

If you limited all teams to a payroll of no more than £1m a week. And no player more than £100k a week it would make a massive difference.

But it wouldn't come in to effect until 5 years from now. I would imagine there would be allsorts of employment laws about changing contracts midway through a contract. Once a players contract comes to an end the max they can earn is £100k.

It would stop the big clubs from hording players and stop them from doing stupid things like the ESL just so they can afford Haaland or Mbop!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    These are just arbitrary numbers though. Why is it morally acceptable to earn 100k a week but not 200K? There is no principle there, it's just an uneasiness with big earnings.

If we don't want them to earn lots of money we shouldn't get so excited about what they are doing, tying it to our own sense of meaning and happiness. We could always take up darts.
    Im just throwing a random number out I dont know what should be the highest figure should be.

People are saying owners are greedy yes they are but to compete they look for increased revenue which FSG did.

Now why do you think they are doing it ? Pandemic has cost us around £80-100m reports suggest and also higher fees/wages put a strain on resources.

This isnt just on owners, tv companies charging a fortune and on multiple platforms Sky BT Amazon in the UK, then you have UEFA/FIFA ripping people off and giving a poxy allocation of tickets so their mates can watch CL finals of teams they dont support.

£100k a week is way way way more than a fan will probably ever see in their lifetime they are all coming out in support of the game/fans well get rid of agents and take "lower" wages and invest the rest in grassroots or charities its not like they cant afford it.

Tickets should be lower as well £30-40 tops.

I say all of this but none of it will happen as my point is greed is everywhere but to hear the media its 6 people.

The more you intervene in the market, the more unforeseen circumstances you create.

The ESL is the result, in part, of the distortion of our TV income by UEFA, something the media has failed to pick up on. Saying 'football is for the fans' does nothing to correct those injustices. The response to this idea, as poorly thought through as it was, has further entrenched the diversion of our earnings into the hands of UEFA officials and other clubs. That lowers our competitiveness.

If you put a 100k cap on earnings here, the first thing that would happen is our top players would go to Germany, Spain or China. It's human nature. It's not pure greed either - some players like Van Djik and Thiago are willing to come to a club that pays them less as long as it is trying to pay them what it can afford.

All that money is taxed. by the way, at an eye-watering rate.

I'm not sure what problem you are trying to solve exactly.

I don't see how it would work. It's a good idea in essence but it wouldn't work due to mercenary clubs. Can you imagine Real signing up to it? Not a chance. They do whatever it takes to get a player.
    Just reading what Perez has been saying, that guy is an absolute turd. He is interested in nothing other than things that benefit Real. Always talking disrespectfully about players under contract at other clubs.
    The only reason he's pushing for the ESL is because they are brassed, the same with Laporta at Barca. They weren't pushing for this years ago when they were dominating.

That Tebas guy whos chief of La Liga has spoken out again about PSG and City. It's a pity nobody has the balls in our own country to call those cunts out.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    The more you intervene in the market, the more unforeseen circumstances you create.

The ESL is the result, in part, of the distortion of our TV income by UEFA, something the media has failed to pick up on. Saying 'football is for the fans' does nothing to correct those injustices. The response to this idea, as poorly thought through as it was, has further entrenched the diversion of our earnings into the hands of UEFA officials and other clubs. That lowers our competitiveness.

If you put a 100k cap on earnings here, the first thing that would happen is our top players would go to Germany, Spain or China. It's human nature. It's not pure greed either - some players like Van Djik and Thiago are willing to come to a club that pays them less as long as it is trying to pay them what it can afford.

All that money is taxed. by the way, at an eye-watering rate.

I'm not sure what problem you are trying to solve exactly.
    The problem im trying to solve is DEBT to clubs.

Some people like Mike Ashley gets slaughtered by Newcastle fans but they are in a much better financial position than when he took over.

He has three choices do what he is doing, spend more than he can afford but risk a Portsmouth/Leeds or sell up.

Take a look at fans of Newcastle they are desperate for the Saudi to get in without knowing him or Ashley I think its clear who the better human is but fans are blinded by £££££.

As I said these are what is an ideal situation but NONE of it will happen.

Henry/Glazer either sell or they will carry on looking at ways to increase revenue.

UEFA bloke is coming over a dick as well he loving his fame at the minute talking about "Lets see what happens to the 12" i'll tell you NOTHING will happen as you need em and so do the tv companies who fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    How much money does a player need to earn before they realise its morally and socially unacceptable. All players need to ask themselves this. Over 100K a week for kicking a football. It's a scandal. Somebody has to pay for that. That is the root cause of all this ESL nonsense. Players need to learn that their salary excesses come at a cost to the wee guy be it tickets shirts or subscriptions. Until a salary cap with teeth is introduced football is fucked. A salary cap can't work people say. I think they're right unless it's turned into a moral issue.
    Players aren’t the problem. They rightly use agents to get as big a slice of the pie as possible because they literally are the product. The problem is capitalism big the players don’t get that money even more of it Joe’s into the likes of jwh and glazers pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    The problem im trying to solve is DEBT to clubs.
    I think that problem has been solved by FFP rules, mate. The biggest debt I know of is at Man U, unless that's been restructured? Anyway, the servicing of that debt falls under FFP so that what they pay on the debt they can't pay on wages.If they want more players, they have to pay off the debt as they are not allowed to arrange the running costs of the club such that a new owner would run the risk of insolvency.

Tottenham also have an onerous debt after their stadium investment

Another huge issue that needs urgently addressing by government AND could also be used to make reasonable adjustments to each clubs TV money is putting an end to BT and Sky effectively charging you for other sports you have no interest in or want to watch so they can develop their interests in them for future revenue.

Someone needs to bring a test case, there was a test case that wasn't disimilar with the banks charging people for other services they didn't want, weren't knowingly subscribing to and had no need of, they found against the banks and they had to drop including other services and charges for them people didn't want and what Sky and BT do with the football is no different at all, it's exactly the same thing.

Subscribers should not have to pay for additional services they do not want, whether it's insurance, sports, banking, broadband or anything else.

Sky and BT Sport need to be reigned in, subscribers need to be given the option to subscribe for Premier League or Champions League games only, pay lesser premiums AND the system should include selecting the club you are subscribing to watch so the numbers of people subscribing to watch each club can be used to distribute the TV money more appropriately and that should be done across the board, in every country those with the broadcasting rights have subscribers.

Sky and BT have got away with these packages that make you pay for them to invest in developing audiences and revenue from other sports, banks and insurance companies got away with it for far too long, but test cases against both put a stop to it, the same HAS to be done with these two

Bidding for broadcast rights should make it compulsory for bids to include Premier League and European games if Sky BT Neville and Co really give a fuck about the fans, it's out of order they have to pay for the broadcasters to invest in other sports they don't want and out of order they have to pay 2 broadcasters to watch their team, absolutely fucking scandalous
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 22nd April 2021 at 08:55 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”