Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 747505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1835616.html

Henry finally exposed to all but the most deluded.

Good read

Fan groups seriously need to pull together now and lobby the Ministers for sport and culture and Ofcom over broadcasters exploitation of them with their sports packages

The bottom line is nobody should have to pay to finance these companies to expand into other sports to watch the sport they want to

Let's talk about greed

In order to watch Champions League games on BT you have to pay £30 a month over 12 months

If you only wish to watch your own club and the football that amounts to £360 pounds a year for only a guaranteed 6 games, £60 a game, that is the height of greed and categorically wrong on every level, well over half the price of a season ticket
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Reports suggest that the fine for pulling out of the ESL is £130m.

At least F$G have an excuse for shite transfer funds for the next 10 years.

Who’s the slave and master now?

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Reports suggest that the fine for pulling out of the ESL is £130m.

At least F$G have an excuse for shite transfer funds for the next 10 years.
    Cant see that happening might have to pay £10m each but no chance that figure.

I doubt the contract is even legally binding as they can say they were blocked from going into it.

Still if we have little funds this summer that is something we will just have to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fan groups seriously need to pull together now and lobby the Ministers for sport and culture and Ofcom over broadcasters exploitation of them with their sports packages

The bottom line is nobody should have to pay to finance these companies to expand into other sports to watch the sport they want to

Let's talk about greed

In order to watch Champions League games on BT you have to pay £30 a month over 12 months

If you only wish to watch your own club and the football that amounts to £360 pounds a year for only a guaranteed 6 games, £60 a game, that is the height of greed and categorically wrong on every level, well over half the price of a season ticket
    Im with you on this Sky also lost the CL rights and La Liga rights ...did they reduce prices ? No of course not so you pay the same for less.

They also for a short while charged £15 in a pandemic for PPV games ...they were guilty of severe greed then as with people beimg forced to stay at home due to the lockdown they saw ££££.

Neville briefly said its wrong to charge for PPV he was right but it was a tame arguement he put forward unlike Sunday I thought his head was going to drop off, he hasn’t been this passionate since last April-May going on his campaign to get the season voided....he is definately a spokesman for fans when it suits.
    Last edited by LEGS; 23rd April 2021 at 03:14 PM.

It's good that Skys greed over the years is finally getting scrutinised. At least something good could come off all this.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Im with you on this Sky also lost the CL rights and La Liga rights ...did they reduce prices ? No of course not so you pay the same for less.

They also for a short while charged £15 in a pandemic for PPV games ...they were guilty of severe greed then as with people beimg forced to stay at home due to the lockdown they saw ££££.

Neville briefly said its wrong to charge for PPV he was right but it was a tame arguement he put forward unlike Sunday I thought his head was going to drop off, he hasn’t been this passionate since last April-May going on his campaign to get the season voided....he is definately a spokesman for fans when it suits.
    Dear all
    I am writing to you to express my concerns in the aftermath of the failed ESL proposals to request that having made your campaigns against it and insisted the game is for the fans, that you work hard together to hold yourselves to that and support those fans rather than corporate interests.

It is very urgent that the UK Government, Ofcom, UEFA and the Premier League more stringently regulate the broadcasting industry and impose firm rules on how the broadcasters who are successful in their bids to broadcast Premier League and Champions League games make viewing those games available to the audience, the fans we were all so concerned about.

How Sky Sports and BT Sport make Premier League and Champions League games accessible to the fans is completely unacceptable. Many fans subscribe to either of these services solely for the purposes of watching the football matches of the team they support, but these providers do not permit them to subscribe solely to watch matches involving the team they support. Fans are forced to pay for overpriced packages including numerous other sports they do not wish to watch which is wrong on every single level.

The effect is, that in securing broadcasting rights for Premier League and Champions League games, these broadcasters are forcing the fans to give them incredible additional funding to invest in trying to expand into other sports. These fans categorically should not have to pay for this, if these broadcasters wish to do this, they must do so out of the profits they make from broadcasting football, not through making the fans pay for other sports they don’t want.

It is vital that new regulations are introduced by the Government, Ofcom, UEFA and the Premier League that any company securing broadcasting rights for these competitions MUST offer a football only package, even team only package to make sure the game is for the fans. Subscribers should be requested to submit which team they are subscribing to watch and how UEFA, the Premier League and FA distribute the television revenue should be revised to reward those clubs whose larger global fan base brings in far more revenue, with the additional revenue.

At present, I subscribe of Sky Sports for Premier League games and BT Sports for Champions league games. The Sky Sports subscription comes with Sky TV, and various other sports at a cost of £41 per month. The BT Sports subscription comes with numerous other sports I don’t want, watch and have no interest in watching at a cost of £30 per month.

My team, Liverpool played 10 games in this season’s Champions League, as I don’t watch the other sports and I don’t want them, this means I was forced to pay £36 per game to watch my team in the Champions League this season. This is wholly and entirely unacceptable. The price of the most expensive season ticket at Liverpool is £969 and all of that money goes to the team I support, paying BT Sport almost half the cost of the average season ticket price a year to watch only a guaranteed 6 games of Champions League football at £60 per game is simply unacceptable. My total subscriptions to solely watch Liverpool come to £852 per year, the cost of the average season ticket and paying to go to 6 Champions League games approximately £900.

The UK has a long history of providers of services overcharging consumers, or adding services they don’t want, we have seen this corrected by law and regulation with banking, insurance providers, mobile phone network providers, supermarkets and various other enterprises. If as your campaign claimed, you believe football is for the fans, it is long overdue that broadcasters who secure the rights to broadcast Premier League and Champions League games are contractually obliged and regulated to offer a football only, even team specific subscription option.

I sincerely hope to see this issue addressed with a huge degree of urgency ahead of next season and expect the newspapers and broadcast media I have included in this email to urgently cover this issue in light of the recent furore over ESL and the game being for the fans.

Yours faithfully

Darren

Sent to numerous news and sports editors, the FT, UEFA Preisdent and Vice President, Ofcom, Minister for Sport and Culture and numerous others
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

As for the possible fine for the clubs , who gets the fine money?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    As for the possible fine for the clubs , who gets the fine money?
    Probably Perez 🤣🤣