Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 848515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Probably Perez 🤣🤣
    You're not the first person to say that, when I've asked that question today on site !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    You're not the first person to say that, when I've asked that question today on site !!
    I'll try and be serious for you now maybe JP Morgan ?

I dont really see how we will be fined a huge amount to be honest as we could argue Govt was getting involved ....we'll like the others have top legal teams.

Its like UEFA saying today none of the 12 will be banned, of course they wont its about 80% of the worlds best players !

Darren X.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Darren X.
    Ha ha, you and me both !!!

Our Lfconline meet up has to happen. There's alot of lads on here I feel will get on just fine. And If anything kicks off we'll all get behind Darren 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I'll try and be serious for you now maybe JP Morgan ?

I dont really see how we will be fined a huge amount to be honest as we could argue Govt was getting involved ....we'll like the others have top legal teams.

Its like UEFA saying today none of the 12 will be banned, of course they wont its about 80% of the worlds best players !
    The old saying. "It's not worth the paper it's written on "

Arsenal fans aren't half thick, to be abundantly clear, I categorically do not want a European Super League, I also do not want to pay over the odds to watch my club to pay for BT Sport and Sky to invest in other sports I have no interest in

In this entire 'football is for the fans' charade by Sky, BT, the Premier League and UEFA has so many incredibly dense people completely fooled, their issue with it is they know were such a proposal successful it would significantly limit their power and control and ability to absolutely coin money off the back of what somebody else's business does, plain and simple, their outcry is absolutely about their own greed and protecting their own interests

The Premier League and FA do need to urgently look at their football pyramid and how to revise it without clubs falling to waste, as it is simply wrong to use money generated mostly by 5 or clubs to support all the other clubs and other sports as BT and Sky use it for.

That isn't a free market, it is fundamentally wrong, in what other business and yes football is a business is any company expected to give vast amounts of the money they generate to support other similar businesses trying to usurp them? None, it is an absolutely ridiculous situation that needs to be rethought and reworked

The City's and the Chelsea's are an issue as they have dramatically escalated transfer fees and wages for all other clubs, so that urgently needs addressing. Agents stealing 100's of millions from the game needs addressing

These other clubs will have to learn to tighten their belts and work smarter, when United were well ahead of every other club in their global marketing and other aspects of running their club we were in a one team league for over a decade and Neville wasn't complaining about that when he was a beneficiary of it as a player, so I don't subscribe to the theory it will become a 1 or 2 team league, in the last 5 years except for Jurgen's miracle working it's been a 1 team league again as a result of City's unchecked spending
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Arsenal fans aren't half thick, to be abundantly clear, I categorically do not want a European Super League, I also do not want to pay over the odds to watch my club to pay for BT Sport and Sky to invest in other sports I have no interest in

In this entire 'football is for the fans' charade by Sky, BT, the Premier League and UEFA has so many incredibly dense people completely fooled, their issue with it is they know were such a proposal successful it would significantly limit their power and control and ability to absolutely coin money off the back of what somebody else's business does, plain and simple, their outcry is absolutely about their own greed and protecting their own interests

The Premier League and FA do need to urgently look at their football pyramid and how to revise it without clubs falling to waste, as it is simply wrong to use money generated mostly by 5 or clubs to support all the other clubs and other sports as BT and Sky use it for.

That isn't a free market, it is fundamentally wrong, in what other business and yes football is a business is any company expected to give vast amounts of the money they generate to support other similar businesses trying to usurp them? None, it is an absolutely ridiculous situation that needs to be rethought and reworked

The City's and the Chelsea's are an issue as they have dramatically escalated transfer fees and wages for all other clubs, so that urgently needs addressing. Agents stealing 100's of millions from the game needs addressing

These other clubs will have to learn to tighten their belts and work smarter, when United were well ahead of every other club in their global marketing and other aspects of running their club we were in a one team league for over a decade and Neville wasn't complaining about that when he was a beneficiary of it as a player, so I don't subscribe to the theory it will become a 1 or 2 team league, in the last 5 years except for Jurgen's miracle working it's been a 1 team league again as a result of City's unchecked spending
    What did they do?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    What did they do?
    They're all outside the ground still protesting about the proposed ESL the berks, how desperately afflicted the vast majority of people are by adverse CBT has been well and truly demonstrated once again in this episode, tell them to be angry, they will be angry, tell them something is a threat to their way of life, they just believe it without questioning it or investigating it or applying any reason to it or looking at it from both sides of the argument

Before the masses of TV revenue, these other teams survived just fine without being given free hand outs, all clubs did, they managed and looked after themselves and their finances just fine, no reason they can't get back to doing the same, I don't want to pay for other sports and I don't want to pay Sky and BT for the price of a season ticket and six Champions League games were I going to the match, for the Premier League to give that money to Leicester, West Ham, Palace, Everton etc etc, I pay that money because I am a Liverpool supporter and expect the vast majority of it to go to my club

Think about how all clubs managed before the masses of TV money, think that there are 100's of 1000's possibly even millions of me paying almost £900 a year to Sky and BT Sport because they are Liverpool fans and supporters, think of the incredible amount of revenue our love and support of our club generates, is it really right most of that money goes to other clubs, in the pockets of Premier League and FA executives and to Sky and BT to invest in further developing their businesses? Or should the vast majority go to the club who actually generate it for it to develop itself?
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 23rd April 2021 at 08:39 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

They're all outside the ground still protesting about the proposed ESL the berks, how desperately afflicted the vast majority of people are by adverse CBT has been well and truly demonstrated once again in this episode, tell them to be angry, they will be angry, tell them something is a threat to their way of life, they just believe it without questioning it or investigating it or applying any reason to it or looking at it from both sides of the argument

Before the masses of TV revenue, these other teams survived just fine without being given free hand outs, all clubs did, they managed and looked after themselves and their finances just fine, no reason they can't get back to doing the same, I don't want to pay for other sports and I don't want to pay Sky and BT for the price of a season ticket and six Champions League games were I going to the match, for the Premier League to give that money to Leicester, West Ham, Palace, Everton etc etc, I pay that money because I am a Liverpool supporter and expect the vast majority of it to go to my club
    Watch our lot do it tomorrow now.

I think they really want Kroenke out. It worked for us with Hicks and Gillet 🤷🏽*♂️