Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 949525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

The fella on sky the other night said one of the owners of the big 6 was at a match, and asked the guy beside him with one was his team. He never said but I reckon it was Kroenke he was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I think they really want Kroenke out. It worked for us with Hicks and Gillet ����*♂️
    Good point Doc, you're probably right, they've wanted him out for a long time, this ESL business has probably just given them the ammunition they wanted, rather than it being about the ESL business itself
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They're all outside the ground still protesting about the proposed ESL the berks, how desperately afflicted the vast majority of people are by adverse CBT has been well and truly demonstrated once again in this episode, tell them to be angry, they will be angry, tell them something is a threat to their way of life, they just believe it without questioning it or investigating it or applying any reason to it or looking at it from both sides of the argument

Before the masses of TV revenue, these other teams survived just fine without being given free hand outs, all clubs did, they managed and looked after themselves and their finances just fine, no reason they can't get back to doing the same, I don't want to pay for other sports and I don't want to pay Sky and BT for the price of a season ticket and six Champions League games were I going to the match, for the Premier League to give that money to Leicester, West Ham, Palace, Everton etc etc, I pay that money because I am a Liverpool supporter and expect the vast majority of it to go to my club

Think about how all clubs managed before the masses of TV money, think that there are 100's of 1000's possibly even millions of me paying almost £900 a year to Sky and BT Sport because they are Liverpool fans and supporters, think of the incredible amount of revenue our love and support of our club generates, is it really right most of that money goes to other clubs, in the pockets of Premier League and FA executives and to Sky and BT to invest in further developing their businesses? Or should the vast majority go to the club who actually generate it for it to develop itself?
    I'd say most outside the ground are match goers.Whatever you think of them at least they have a chance to voice their opinion before a match.
    Good luck to them.

That meet up IS happening Ian. I vote for Liverpool as a venue. Cracking night out in Liverpool. Loads of hotels to stay in too.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    That meet up IS happening Ian. I vote for Liverpool as a venue. Cracking night out in Liverpool. Loads of hotels to stay in too.
    And why would there be anywhere else !!

Wonder if we could organise a stadium tour during the day. Not everyone has been to Anfield.

Wonder if we could organise a stadium tour during the day. Not everyone has been to Anfield.
    Cracking shout that. Would be good to get to know everyone while we're sober !!

Will there be some disco dancing? Preferably 70's and 80's tunes with some soul, funk and Motown involved?

I'm not good in pubs, always struggled with the background noise of incessant chatter before my head injury when I lost the vast majority of my hearing in my right ear, after which it became even worse, just really pickles my head and distresses me somehow.

Somewhere where the music is loud and decent and I can zone out and get my terrible dancing on for later in the evening would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Cracking shout that. Would be good to get to know everyone while we're sober !!
    Hah

Ever had a night out in Liverpool? It can be whatever we want it to be.