Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13535657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: European Superleague teams to be announced today

No no Taksin I just rail against those who would lord over a bunch of investors. Investors who have got as much wrong as they have right.

Who have been given huge benefit of the doubt due in part to the utterly base actions of their predecessors H&G.

I will continue to act as a counterweight to those who want to paint them as brilliant owners when they clearly are anything but.

This last shitshow they will not come back from - see how they try:

And Henry’s “I won’t forget” comment can be taken in two ways.

Put your intellect to the test and work out which one is most likely.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1835002.html

One of the reasons the Americans bought the club 11 years ago – apart from it being unbelievably cheap – is FSG decided that the football industry was not very clever as a whole. They believed that they had sharper minds and better ideas.

The European Super League was a foreseeable calamity. FSG have been blinded by greed and their own arrogance. Tuesday night’s response reeked of hubris. Henry’s silence until now was the most depressingly eloquent statement the billionaire could make.

I would be very interested to see if Henry and his moll ever show their faces in L4 again.

For the record - I hope they do but wouldn’t bank on it.

Agree with 19s point about FFP being needed to keep the likes of City,PSG and Chelsea in check.
    I'm pissed off that the likes Nev,Carragher etc have been so vocal about the ESL but barely said boo about Citys blatant cheating over the last few years. Are they scared to say something incase they are accused of bias and jealousy?
    Those 3 clubs are undoubtedly in my book resonsible for the ridiculous transfer fees and wages that were the norm. I remember reading years ago that FSG bought the club on the premise of FFP.
    It's all a bit too late now. Why wasn't it enforced in the first place? Because UEFA are bent as fuck and are now acting in a very smug manner. If there was going to be any good from the ESL formation then it would have been UEFA been up the creek without a paddle.

So do I. However being a realist I never believed for one minute that FFP would ever be implemented rigorously enough to stop the petrodollar. These bodies are impotent minnows compared to the power and influence that gulf states have.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-sponsors-uefa

Sports washing is allowed because governments need the cash - the petrodollar wins.
    Last edited by Steveo; 24th April 2021 at 09:45 AM.

Let's look at this differently

Is greed fighting for a fair share of the proceeds of the revenue your business generates

Or

Is greed shamelessly exploiting millions of supporters worldwide knowing they can only watch the team they support and gthey love through using your services, charging them more than the price of a season ticket their clubs who make the revenue sell only an average of 20k of a season and making them subscribe to packages with services they don't want or need to finance you expanding and developing your business?

I know which i think is greed, and i've never had a problem with anyone asking for a fair slice of the cake based on their contribution to the size and richness of the cake
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No no Taksin I just rail against those who would lord over a bunch of investors. Investors who have got as much wrong as they have right.
    What you do, as it appears to me, is rail against the owners and arrogantly call those that disagree with you names - claiming they don’t support the club, they love the Americans or other emotional jibes.

What this leads to is confusion about what you are saying, what your claims are, and whether there is any way of testing the truth of what you’re saying without running the gauntlet of insults.

It’s either join the emotional hyperbole or we are ‘deluded’. In this approach you align yourself with the hyperbolic media and enemies of the club, ironically. I’m not saying you are the enemy of the club but unless you can see FSG as in some way friends of the club you are limited to these argumentative tactics.

Trying to tease out what is actually happening is far more interesting in my opinion.

So do I. However being a realist I never believed for one minute that FFP would ever be implemented rigorously enough to stop the petrodollar. These bodies are impotent minnows compared to the power and influence that gulf states have.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-sponsors-uefa

Sports washing is allowed because governments need the cash - the petrodollar wins.
    As far as I’m aware, FFP was not instituted to stop the petrol dollar, it was instituted to stop bankruptcy, which it has demonstrably succeeded in doing (thus far - lockdown may yet prove to be a bigger obstacle than previously imagined possible)

Man City’s owners can still inject as much money as they like, they just can’t claim that it constitutes part of the income stream. They have to be gifts and therefore cannot be balanced against expenditure, like players wages.

The fact that they were let off their abuse of the rules is actually one more argument in favour of a breakaway league or comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    What you do, as it appears to me, is rail against the owners and arrogantly call those that disagree with you names - claiming they don’t support the club, they love the Americans or other emotional jibes.

What this leads to is confusion about what you are saying, what your claims are, and whether there is any way of testing the truth of what you’re saying without running the gauntlet of insults.

It’s either join the emotional hyperbole or we are ‘deluded’. In this approach you align yourself with the hyperbolic media and enemies of the club, ironically. I’m not saying you are the enemy of the club but unless you can see FSG as in some way friends of the club you are limited to these argumentative tactics.

Trying to tease out what is actually happening is far more interesting in my opinion.

That is because in my mind you would have to be deluded or a shill to still be defending them after multiple instances where they have shown beyond doubt that money and the ability to generate it from the club is of more importance to them than the club or the fans are.

That is because in my mind you would have to be deluded or a shill to still be defending them after multiple instances where they have shown beyond doubt that money and the ability to generate it from the club is of more importance to them than the club or the fans are.
    Which is called begging the question.

You may as well call this the Steveo forum and anyone who disagrees is a wanker