Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The members of our current squad: Keep as is, demote, or move on.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Sell Fabinho
    I would have and invested in an actual No6 to play the role, shouldn't have to had to have Gini and Hendo either side of an alleged DM/No6 to pick up the slack time and time again and even that not always being enough - Especially as when Hendo and Gini played alongside each other in 19-20 it didn't matter who the fuck the RCM was and our press and counter press was at the very highest levels it has ever been since Jurgen arrived, leaving Virgil and wohever partnered him virtual spectators in most games, with both Jurgen and Linders crowing about not believing in perfection, but the press and counter press being as near to perfection as possible on 4 or 5 games in that run, before inexplicably forgetting the personnel they employed in midfield to achieve it
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 31st October 2021 at 06:53 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That's ok, buy to sell on at a later date when the market recovered was what I was thinking, because I slated him numerous times as not being the type of defender we needed, there was plenty of chat about the possibility of signing him for a very low fee and selling him on at a later date when the market recovered
    Don't worry mate,I'm just being a dick. It's been a long couple of months for me !!

I would have and invested in an actual No6 to play the role, shouldn't have to had to have Gini and Hendo either side of an alleged DM/No6 to pick up the slack time and time again and even that not always being enough - Especially as when Hendo and Gini played alongside each other in 19-20 it didn't matter who the fuck the RCM was and our press and counter press was at the very highest levels it has ever been since Jurgen arrived, leaving Virgil and wohever partnered him virtual spectators in most games, with both Jurgen and Linders crowing about not believing in perfection, but the press and counter press being as near to perfection as possible on 4 or 5 games in that run, before inexplicably forgetting the personnel they employed in midfield to achieve it
    Pretty sure Klopp has waxed lyrically about fab too.
    Steveo brought up his impact in games last year when captain fantastic and most of our centre backs were out.
    Or how Fab played dm for our best season when we won the CL and had our best defensive record under Klopp in the pl iirc. Only bettered iirc by thommos lfc back in the day, could be wrong on that stat..
    Yesterday you were going on about him converting to DM at 25, which was clearly wrong.

Then with hendo you say his leadership (which I would say is only second to Milner in barking orders) was key at 6 in organising the midfield. But when the midfield is poor its not his leadership but other players not taking his direction.
    Seems to me if hendo is the great leader ( I think he is) and is gonna get praise for other players performances it would be consistent to say his leadership was missing when players didn't press and counter press adequately.
    But you rarely, if ever, phrase it that way.
    It's his great leadership when lads do it and it's lads being crap when they or he don't.

It's his great leadership when lads do it and it's lads being crap when they or he don't.
    Well Jones didn't do it yesterday, they even brought it up in commentary that Hendo had repeatedly been telling Jones he needed to get tighter/closer and then went a bit bad shit on him for again not doing it - So make your own mind up - It seems the seemingly ever arrogant Jones believes he's the shit and doesn't need to follow Jurgen's plans or his Captains instruction to try and ensure those plans are followed - The lad has an ego bigger than Stevie had, but without the talent to back it up, Gerrard showed his incredible quality from his very first appearances with Houllier using him at RB, Jones has shown precious little

Well Jones didn't do it yesterday, they even brought it up in commentary that Hendo had repeatedly been telling Jones he needed to get tighter/closer and then went a bit bad shit on him for again not doing it - So make your own mind up - It seems the seemingly ever arrogant Jones believes he's the shit and doesn't need to follow Jurgen's plans or his Captains instruction to try and ensure those plans are followed - The lad has an ego bigger than Stevie had, but without the talent to back it up, Gerrard showed his incredible quality from his very first appearances with Houllier using him at RB, Jones has shown precious little
    I wouldn't thread as harshly on Jones as you but I'd agree it's a pivotal time in his career and he needs to make sure it doesn't pass him by.

Has qualities and areas he needs to improve upon.

I wouldn't thread as harshly on Jones as you but I'd agree it's a pivotal time in his career and he needs to make sure it doesn't pass him by.

Has qualities and areas he needs to improve upon.
    Following the manager's and his captain's instructions and trying to swim without his arm bands would be a good place for him to start

Jones is about the same age as Henderson was when he joined us, before he transformed into Hendo, raw, with flaws, even weaknesses, some would even say not good enough for us. But he was in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Jones is about the same age as Henderson was when he joined us, before he transformed into Hendo, raw, with flaws, even weaknesses, some would even say not good enough for us. But he was in the end.
    He wasn't good enough for years when he signed, and only improved about 3 years ago from average to better. He had a decent 13-14 season, but then so did most of the others.

Another thing on Henderson, he almost got sold on after his first season, and it's only because wouldn't pay the extra for Clint Dempsey that Fulham wanted. If he had shown in that first season what he's gone on to do, Fulham would not have been able to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Another thing on Henderson, he almost got sold on after his first season, and it's only because wouldn't pay the extra for Clint Dempsey that Fulham wanted. If he had shown in that first season what he's gone on to do, Fulham would not have been able to get him.
    Alarmingly, the first step in Hendo's self improvement and the road to greatness was learning to get his head on swivel, scan the pitch, taking snapshots of all players positions to have a far greater awareness of everything around him at all times, mentioning no names, we have other players in our ranks who are in their mid and even late twenties who still haven't developed this essential skill and trait and have non developed or highly undeveloped abilities in this respect, but this is an ability that all players need to develop their reading of the game, anticipation and positional sense and timing to the highest possible levels

On almost being sold, it demonstrates the incredible inadequacies and chancer nature of Rodgers, rather than it being any reflection on Captain Fantastic