Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Man City and their antics

Baldy's reportedly about to spend ANOTHER 60m on ANOTHER full back, this time Sporting full back Nuno Mendes, annoyingly he looks quality and potentially their best full back if he does sign him, only 19 too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Do they buy Kane or not done think?

He doesn't feel the most natural fit for a Guardiola set-up, but if I was a corrupt, sports-washing organisation that had set up camp in England and wanted to get more of the mob on my side I'd definitely be buying the England captain from a marketing perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Ake was 41m lol
    The back four we used against Man United cost 20% of the fee of a player that City barely use.

I know this wasn't by design and was a result of an unprecedented injury list, but the financial disparity is absolutely wild.

If anything the fact that Pep's side didn't get more points than they did (given the strength in depth they have available) is quite a poor reflection on him.

Depending on how long he stays, it will be intriguing to see some of the player "fall-out" from the Pep years at City and whether or not any of their rivals (on these shores or abroad) can make use of the proverbial scraps that City sweep off the table when Pep no longer has use for them - Ibrahimovic and Eto'o famously can't stand the guy and there's bound to be one of two disillusioned members of their squad sooner or later, if they don't exist already.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Do they buy Kane or not done think?

He doesn't feel the most natural fit for a Guardiola set-up, but if I was a corrupt, sports-washing organisation that had set up camp in England and wanted to get more of the mob on my side I'd definitely be buying the England captain from a marketing perspective.
    He doesn't seem a fit for either Manchester club, doesn't look to fit how either play, City didn't play with a striker in a lot of games out of choice, because it served them better to have their mids with greater goalscoring ability than ours to be popping in and out of the No9 and false 9 position, don't think Kane can play like that, doesn't seem to be his skill set, he's a great finisher, just don't think he's the most mobile, agile or mentally quick player, he's an old fashioned No9 who scores most of his goals from specific and limited types of situations, so the whole team needs to be geared to how he plays to create those types of situations for him.

As for the filthy, in the last 2 seasons Kane has dropped off a lot into the space that Goofy likes to play in, so that doesn't really work for me either, Cavani and Greenwood are better forwards for them how they play
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You make a good point Sid. Kane would be superb PR for the sports-washing thundercunts AKA - shitty.

Along with the young English Whippersnapper in Foden they would have the big mature cheese from the top of the pyramid.

Not that they really need to give a crap due to their endless wealth - but - it would get them a National Team level of cosseting from the collective associated sports media garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    As for the filthy, in the last 2 seasons Kane has dropped off a lot into the space that Goofy likes to play in, so that doesn't really work for me either, Cavani and Greenwood are better forwards for them how they play
    Fernandes would fairly have his nose put out of joint when Kane inevitably took all their penalties in his perennial Golden Boot quest.

What a phrase

“The sports-washing thundercunts “

One for the ages along with “Fuck for this” and Mirror Training

Yep - I had beer coming out of my nose on reading it first time on Sid's

'Reflecting on the 20/21 season' thread
    "despite being a bunch of financially doped, sports-washing thunder cunts.".

https://forums.lfconline.co.uk/showt...e-20-21-season
    Last edited by Steveo; 26th May 2021 at 11:09 AM.

Hahaha, top post Sid. Bravo....

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Hahaha, top post Sid. Bravo....
    Always good to see a post from you these days Justin