Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Man City and their antics

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Aren’t they missing a few cb’s too?
    Shame they are paupers and can't afford to buy any new defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Shame they are paupers and can't afford to buy any new defenders.
    They should get better owners.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    for once i hope Man-city get something from the Chelsea game. Chelsea look like a massive threat to me.
    I think I want the Chelsea win now that we're at it.

If that happened and if (enormous if) we beat Brentford and Man City, that's 9 points ahead of Pep's team we'd be. With the background of his whining about fans not coming to support them and opposition fans probably getting a bit sick of City hoovering up trophies, a little bit of pressure would be there, which is nice.

City also have more recent title-winning experience than Chelsea, so I'd more easily picture City (than Chelsea) going on a 10-game winning streak should they need to. Chelsea, threatening as they look, still aren't quite there yet - so I'd rather get further ahead of what I think the "real" threat is.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think I want the Chelsea win now that we're at it.

If that happened and if (enormous if) we beat Brentford and Man City, that's 9 points ahead of Pep's team we'd be. With the background of his whining about fans not coming to support them and opposition fans probably getting a bit sick of City hoovering up trophies, a little bit of pressure would be there, which is nice.

City also have more recent title-winning experience than Chelsea, so I'd more easily picture City (than Chelsea) going on a 10-game winning streak should they need to. Chelsea, threatening as they look, still aren't quite there yet - so I'd rather get further ahead of what I think the "real" threat is.
    Think you'd have to be mad to want anything other than a draw.
    City would only be 1 point better off and in shortish term form chelsea are the more dangerous side.

Hope they both lose

City look great today.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think you'd have to be mad to want anything other than a draw.
    I'm definitely mad then

Chelsea look VERY good, but City were only 90 minutes (and a Pep over-think in a big game) from winning the League and the Champion's League last season.

They worry me more, over the course of a full season, than this admittedly excellent looking Chelsea side.

I'm definitely mad then

Chelsea look VERY good, but City were only 90 minutes (and a Pep over-think in a big game) from winning the League and the Champion's League last season.

They worry me more, over the course of a full season, than this admittedly excellent looking Chelsea side.
    Chelsea really shat the bed today imo. Very cowardly effort

Man-city look great but if we win the next 2 we will be 8 points ahead of them
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I'm definitely mad then

Think Chelsea have to be graded under touchel and their summer window seemed to fix an actual issue in the squad.