Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Newcastle Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    And will we spend to replace them. They’re value will have dropped significantly over the course of this last 12 months between Covid and shite form. I’d say we are stuck with quite a few we’d like to move on. I think problems run a bit deeper than the individual mistakes to be honest. We don’t look like we are as up for it or together as before.
    Agree. I do think players will go. And come in. Salah body language after the match showed. He is not going to be here next season without CL.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Worrying thing, this type of performance will continue into next season. There’s no coming back from it now, the end of the world is here! Fuck these jokers really
    That's what worrying me. Hendo and VvD returning don't sort this crap out. Theres players being carried.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Worrying thing, this type of performance will continue into next season. There’s no coming back from it now, the end of the world is here! Fuck these jokers really
    Would it continue under a new Manager where players perhaps hace to prove themselves all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That's what worrying me. Hendo and VvD returning don't sort this crap out. Theres players being carried.
    To an extent i think it will because of their leadership, drive, passion and loudness. We hace lots of silent, peaceful lads. Not enough steel.

To put into perspective - this period is unprecedented. More mediocre teams have been able to compete because teams like LFC have had a performance drop. It's not hard to explain away - we've all suffered through the pandemic -why not footballers and managers? Why are they expected to be any different? I've hated this season's football but it is understandable. We need to leave it in the history books - the Season of the Pandemic - and rally next season.

This team has gone. When i go through the names in our squad, so many have to go.

How many clubs can’t play ball control for stoppage time against a low table side? Yep, only us apparently. Once you start bottling leads, you continue it for quite a while. Even with all our players back I’m fearful this awful form will carry over into next season. Firmino, Wij, and sadly even Mane might have to go. There is a cancer somewhere in this team and it’s obvious it’s a broken squad now.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    In brackets.
    So what if he is 21 he is a CL player what if we signed Sancho or Haaland would you mention age ?

Yeah Chelsea employed so right morons AVB Sarri Lampard none of them compare to Klopp so you could argue they corrected their errors.

Chelsea can also write off debts as they have a sugar daddy 99% of clubs dont.

Leicester got to last 16 in EL about as far as Rodgers goes in Europe.

When has Klopp started a season and finished 8th I must have missed them seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    To an extent i think it will because of their leadership, drive, passion and loudness. We hace lots of silent, peaceful lads. Not enough steel.
    To an extent yes but this a drop off of enormous proportions. Theres fatigue and then not putting the effort in. Mane and Wijnaldum I'm looking at them.
    Mane looks like he doesn't give a fuck.
    The conversion rate simply has to be addressed. We need two attackers. Jota is a squad player for me. Mane and Firmino ( who wasn't actually too bad today) are not putting the ball in the net enough.
    This team has run its race and its time to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    To an extent yes but this a drop off of enormous proportions. Theres fatigue and then not putting the effort in. Mane and Wijnaldum I'm looking at them.
    Mane looks like he doesn't give a fuck.
    The conversion rate simply has to be addressed. We need two attackers. Jota is a squad player for me. Mane and Firmino ( who wasn't actually too bad today) are not putting the ball in the net enough.
    This team has run its race and its time to change it.
    I don't think FSG and Klopp will make any radical changes unless forced into it. They will simply wait until they see how players respond to this disappointing season and the return of fans before making any decisions. January transfer or even the season after.