Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Newcastle Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    No way 19x. A trophy parade a year after winning it whilst not being champions?
    We'd be the laughing stock of football.
    It's sad and harsh that they haven't been able to celebrate properly but the moment has gone.
    Sadly true, it just doesn't seem right at all that after 30 years or waiting we were denied that because of Tory Covid bungling
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Saint Maximin responding to a “Liverpool fan” on Twitter asking him if he can swap places with Mane:

“ I know you think it’s a nice message to me but I don’t like it. Be respectful to him as you are ungrateful. He is a great player and I wish to be at his level”

Can’t tag it as the “fan” deleted the post after getting humbled.

Get him!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Saint Maximin responding to a “Liverpool fan” on Twitter asking him if he can swap places with Mane:

“ I know you think it’s a nice message to me but I don’t like it. Be respectful to him as you are ungrateful. He is a great player and I wish to be at his level”

Can’t tag it as the “fan” deleted the post after getting humbled.

Get him!
    Good tweet back by Saint Maximin to be fair.

Although he seems to be this seasons Adama Traore with some idiot fans saying like that.

Saint Maximin looks like the player i was hoping Oxlade would turn into. someone who can run at the opponents. Its different than our normal wanting to over pass. He wouldnt find it has easy to get the space for us. Since teams defend deep.
    But im impressed that he can pass at the right time rather than over doing it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

He had a decent game today.
    Was Chamberlain even on the bench today? What the he'll has happened to him? I've never been his biggest fan but he is surely on the way out. He's been fit for ages and hardly figured at all.

I'd like us to sign Saint Maximin, I think the team would benefit enormously from another incredibly pacey forward, but moreso from having one who is a great dribbler and incredibly tricky and as Jutsme points out knows when to pass the ball

I mentioned him as a potential future Liverpool player when he first arrived at Newcastle, not for the immediate future when he first arrived, just that you could see glimpses of his potential to be a very good future player for us if he could put everything together and develop it over a couple of season in the Prem as it was obvious to see he very clearly had something special

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Good tweet back by Saint Maximin to be fair.

Although he seems to be this seasons Adama Traore with some idiot fans saying like that.
    He's not a Traore for me, this lad has something special, he just needed to put it all together

Thing is you could play him out wide as well. Looks like he could go around the sides.. But no doubt we will go in for someone whos an half and half midfielder come attacker. Like Shaqiri. Minamino oxlade and so on..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Thing is you could play him out wide as well. Looks like he could go around the sides.. But no doubt we will go in for someone whos an half and half midfielder come attacker. Like Shaqiri. Minamino oxlade and so on..
    Honestly, I think he would be a brilliant addition, Mo and Mane both have electric pace and great strength and power, but they don't have anything approaching this lads dribbling ability with both feet and he knows when and where to pass the ball. He could play LFWD RFWD in a 433 or LAM or RAM in a 4231

We absolutely do need another commanding CB, and i'm desperate for us to try to bring in Fabian Ruiz in midfield, he can play those passes to take 3 or 4 opposition players out of the game Thiago is renouned for, but he has the overall package of direct assists, balls through the channels, switches, balls over the top, long diagonals, set piece ability and shooting and goalscoring we needed from a midfielder to compliment what we already have

I think he'd compliment Thiago who I still think will be a great signing for us, I just think Thiago was the player we needed to add AFTER we added a Fabian Ruiz type

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's not a Traore for me, this lad has something special, he just needed to put it all together
    He is a good player to watch to be fair I’m sure he’d frustrate us though if here.

He hasn’t shown enough for me to be considered a player for us, on his day with his pace he is dangerous though.

I just don’t think he is good enough if we want to challenge.