Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Newcastle Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Good tweet back by Saint Maximin to be fair.

Although he seems to be this seasons Adama Traore with some idiot fans saying like that.
    My thought exactly. Was going to post earlier, bring him and Traore in and we’re sorted

We definitely need to give Thiago next season. Too many issues this season to know wether it will work out or not but upto now its certainly been a big disappointment. Weve been crying out for that technician in midfield and when we landed him lots of us thought he was the missing piece.
    For instance if Ruiz was signed ( not likely though) how does our midfield line up?

He is a good player to watch to be fair I’m sure he’d frustrate us though if here.

He hasn’t shown enough for me to be considered a player for us, on his day with his pace he is dangerous though.

I just don’t think he is good enough if we want to challenge.
    I think he is and absolutely can be working with Jurgen and our other lads, I liked him instantly when I first saw him for Newcastle, he definitely has something very special and can become a very special player, but he wasn't putting it all together into the team game then, there were just glimpses of it, this season he looks to have adapted to the league and be putting it all together. Obviously depends what we could get him for, I do think he could be a very good addition to our team, I never once thought that about Traore, he's just a lump
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We definitely need to give Thiago next season. Too many issues this season to know wether it will work out or not but upto now its certainly been a big disappointment. Weve been crying out for that technician in midfield and when we landed him lots of us thought he was the missing piece.
    For instance if Ruiz was signed ( not likely though) how does our midfield line up?
    Ruiz Hendo Thiago

all day long

Could mix and match better by bringing Ruiz in too, and he has considerable experience of playing numerous positions to the highest level DM CM LCM RCM LFWD RFWD No9

He would give us incredible options, be absolutely brilliant to have a natural left footer of his ability at LCM too

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think he is and absolutely can be working with Jurgen and our other lads, I liked him instantly when I first saw him for Newcastle, he definitely has something very special and can become a very special player, but he wasn't putting it all together into the team game then, there were just glimpses of it, this season he looks to have adapted to the league and be putting it all together. Obviously depends what we could get him for, I do think he could be a very good addition to our team, I never once thought that about Traore, he's just a lump
    Fair enough if that is your opinion mate.

I think we need a number 9 more today was a complete joke we should have been 3 or 4 up.

Mane missed that chance trying to round the keeper and was laughing it was disgusting attitude.

If we went 2-0 up we would have won I’m confident of that but I guess we have improved since Xmas as we do at least score one goal now !

Mane aint been the same since big mouth Carragher was screaming at him saying he loved him like ten times (i know excuses)..Anyway anyone who takes losing and drawing lightly need to get to fk out
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Ruiz Hendo Thiago

all day long

Could mix and match better by bringing Ruiz in too, and he has considerable experience of playing numerous positions to the highest level DM CM LCM RCM LFWD RFWD No9

He would give us incredible options, be absolutely brilliant to have a natural left footer of his ability at LCM too
    We were linked with him a few days ago but not by anything reputable. Mainly linked with Real,Barca and Atletico.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We were linked with him a few days ago but not by anything reputable. Mainly linked with Real,Barca and Atletico.
    Most of you would probably love

Ruiz Fab Hendo

Insane level of opitions, ability and possibilities for crossfield switches and first time quality crosses from deep from LCM and RCM and so much more, genuine options to start different midfield line ups without the long standing issue we've had that only certain combos actually work well together and make a good midfield

He is a good player to watch to be fair I’m sure he’d frustrate us though if here.

He hasn’t shown enough for me to be considered a player for us, on his day with his pace he is dangerous though.

I just don’t think he is good enough if we want to challenge.
    I'm pretty aligned with you on this.

He has that X factor when it comes to the aesthetic/flair quality of how he plays. Ronaldinho, Baggio, Suarez are players who had it in spades.

But he is 24 and (assuming he scores no more goals this season) is about to have a second season in the League of scoring 3 goals - those aren't awe-inspiring numbers.

Perhaps he will be a late bloomer or perhaps he would come to life in the right set-up but I don't think he will be reaching the heights required. If he was an impact sub for us to run at tired legs on the counter it would be a fun watch, but I don't think he suddenly gives us 5-10 extra points per season or replaces one of the front three.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Agree Jota was terrible the sub was correct. His confidence had dropped u could see when they walked off half time and just before he was subbed.

But Firmino shouldnt ecen be starting. Not even for the u23.
    is it possible that there are some rows going on in the dressing room?