Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Selfishly quite relieved I had one of the most pleasant days of my life yesterday, as it will put today's game and the rest of this poor season into some perspective.

I’m afraid this will be a difficult afternoon, with a convincing defeat finally putting paid to any lingering hopes of a top four finish.

Very very important summer ahead. Midfield and forwards needs a proper shake up.

Yep fully expecting Spurs to be above us after todays fixtures.

The reality is with what we have we just arent good enough for CL football this season.

Its not what we wanted but I renember saying before christmas we have a real battle for top 4 NOBODY would have great form if they lost their 3 CBs all season.

It is why I want Kabak and another next year.

I cant honestly remember a Liverpool Utd fixture with so little interest. I obviously want us to win but I'm not the arsed at all. This season can't end quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Selfishly quite relieved I had one of the most pleasant days of my life yesterday, as it will put today's game and the rest of this poor season into some perspective.
    You can't say that and then not go into details...........what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The Leicester free kick one was extremely frustrating, we gave 4 stupid free kicks away in the same spot in 10 minutes. They were bound to get one right eventually.
    Players can be thick as pigswill at times.
    Exactly. I said that during that game. Giving Madisdon 4 opportunities was ridiculous, they may or may not have been fouls for a couple but just don't put yourself in that position. We beat ourselves that day and it was a turning point but we've still managed to throw away plenty more chances since.
    It's 100 percent our own fault despite injuries,VAR or whatever. Its been in our own hands and we let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I exspect you to be disappointed.
    I think you're probably correct. But like many, I've binned this season -outlier, bizarre, injury-riven - call it what you will. The great thing is that it starts all over again next season and we can forget about this one. United 3 - LFC 1 (Mane)

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You can't say that and then not go into details...........what happened?
    Haha - Honestly it would be a very niche appeal so the fact it made me so happy could raise an eyebrow or two, but myself and a small group of other folks who have had both vaccinations got a boat trip on a rig to Ailsa Craig.

Normally people only get to go around the island and use cameras and binoculars from the water, but we got to explore a bit.

I managed to get photos I am really stoked on (Puffin and Gannet) whilst also getting to find and gently hold a Slow Worm, which we don't have in Ireland - a legless Lizard (they can blink and discard part of the tail to distract enemies, whereas snakes can't) that I always wanted to see.

Ailsa Craig is somewhere I have wanted to go since I was very young and to get to see such a deep concentration of seabirds was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I’m afraid this will be a difficult afternoon, with a convincing defeat finally putting paid to any lingering hopes of a top four finish.

Very very important summer ahead. Midfield and forwards needs a proper shake up.
    That's the spirit.

It’s not a team talk it’s an opinion.