Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    They would hand over the money regardless of who's in charge. They've done that from the off. They are more consistent under him obviously, hes a better manager than the ones previous but nobody should pretend he would have done aswell under the same conditions as Klopp or say Pochettino. The money makes a huge difference.
    No one denies hes a good manager but he's had pretty much perfect conditions everywhere he's been.
    What makes a bigger difference is how well you spend that money. As I've said countless of times United are no paupers and how much have they spent and wasted since Fergie retired. They all sign bad players, the best managers make the least mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Bollox. He talked pure and utter shite
    Klopp warned everyone not to inflame the ESL situation (I'm looking at u Neville and Carra) and he got lambasted by media - Linekear etc. And here we are. United supporters pretending this is all about the ESL and conflating their misery with Glazers. Neville desperately throwing shit at FSG and LFC ...bollocks Souness talking sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Hopefully Neville and Carra push for cheaper match tickets and stop matches being moved by Sky, after all this.
    Hahaa - good one. Seriously we should get a plane to fly that one over a major game they are covering.

They are media whores for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Bollox. He talked pure and utter shite
    What has he said that was wrong they have spent millions net and they didnt do this when winning titles.

He said what is true nobody likes the way these owners do things but how do you change it ?

I mean we might want FSG out thats ome thing but getting someone with the money is different.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    Klopp warned everyone not to inflame the ESL situation (I'm looking at u Neville and Carra) and he got lambasted by media - Linekear etc. And here we are. United supporters pretending this is all about the ESL and conflating their misery with Glazers. Neville desperately throwing shit at FSG and LFC ...bollocks Souness talking sense.
    They’re not pretending it’s about the esl at all. It’s about protesting shit owners who are there to coin off a sporting institution in a similar way to what the cowboys and to a less obvious extent fsg are doing to us. At least our owners have shown the ambition to improve the club. The glazers leveraged the club to buy it and have taken 2 billion pounds out of it over the years. The esl just gave them the push to do it. It seems to be sky that have gone with the narrative of the esl line. Souness wasn’t shy about encouraging protest against esl when the sky slice of the pie was threatened. Just a massive bunch of self serving hypocrites on there.
    Last edited by eggy81; 2nd May 2021 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I was well aware of it at the time and used to vocalise it plenty. But regardless - are you saying that Ferguson won 13 titles in 26 years because of Murdoch? Come on mate.

We are all pissed that we have gone to total shite so fast, but some of the vitriol for that Manc twat Neville and VAR and hidden the agendas of certain referees is what you expect from a teenager.
    Steveo, I didn't grow up with a Liverpool/Manc rivalry, I only took an incredible dislike to them due to the incredible advantages they were gifted over every other club, it was bent as fuck, I'm not saying he wouldn't have won trophies, would he have won as many, not a fucking chance, maybe half or 2 third of what he won at best, the worst game I ever saw ref wise, was Mike fucking Riley reffing their game against he invincibles at Old Toilet, Mike Fucking Riley who's now in charge of the refs association that has alarmingly become absolutely rife with Manc officials under his watch, go figure
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I do agree with that Eggy they are all self serving.

Souness was kind of sticking up for the wealthy too but I do get the sense and agree with him they are mad as they arent top dogs.

Their city rivals are likely to clean up again and they are getting restless now.

As I said Glazers are twats like him at Arsenal but they are hard to shift this is what life has become at most big EPL clubs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Steveo, I didn't grow up with a Liverpool/Manc rivalry, I only took an incredible dislike to them due to the incredible advantages they were gifted over every other club, it was bent as fuck, I'm not saying he wouldn't have won trophies, would he have won as many, not a fucking chance, maybe half or 2 third of what he won at best, the worst game I ever saw ref wise, was Mike fucking Riley reffing their game against he invincibles at Old Toilet, Mike Fucking Riley who's now in charge of the refs association that has alarmingly become absolutely rife with Manc officials under his watch, go figure
    Just as I advise Noods not to listen to Talkshite - I would urge you to just let it go. Give Neville your love and forgiveness. Feel sorry for him, he really isn’t worth your time.

Anyway - it’s 16:45 and we haven’t conceded yet - let’s congratulate FSG on being so fantastic on Feb 1st and bagging a much needed world class solution at CB ..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Just as I advise Noods not to listen to Talkshite - I would urge you to just let it go. Give Neville your love and forgiveness. Feel sorry for him, he really isn’t worth your time.
    It's not because he's a thick Manc twat

It is because again, this entire saga is yet another example of adverse CBT

How much money do SKy and BT who make far more money from the Premier League than all the clubs themselves combined give to grassroots football

They make this money through holding fans to ransom and making them pay for packages that include other things they don't want, so they can have more money to invest in those other things, when they should be contractually obliged to offer much lower cost football only, even team specific packages.

If as they tried to in the pandemic, if I had to pay £10 per game to watch televised games of my team over a normal season, I'd pay about £300 per season, though them making me pay for them to invest in other things, I pay £857 a season, not enough of my money goes to my club and as far as I'm aware, none of the billions these broadcasters make in profits goes to grassroots football

Why should broadcasters be in any position to pretend to take any morale high ground
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”