Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324252629 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    But their clubs benovently rescinded their pledge first, after inflating the market massively and ahead of their CL semifinal matches.
    Both clubs owners just love the game and certainly were not looking to diversify their portfolios and create a strong brand/club.
    😁

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You 100% not see this happen at Chelsea or City.

Their fans dont care they won the lotto.
    Chelsea fans have already protested to be fair.

Neither Chelsea or City were interested in the ESL . Both had to go along while it was on the cards as they would be left behind with the rest if they hadn’t.

The moment they could they walked out on it:

But you are right - both clubs won the lotto and Shitty fans still pinching themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Cant have happened Carragher said nothing bad happened in the ground haha

If this was our fans this would be a different story.

Fans got into changing room so it had to be called off for Covid reasons.
    Totally mate, there would be fucking he'll on if that was Liverpool fans. All over tomorrow's papers, disgrace to the game etc etc.
    Yet I'm thinking tomorrows papers will be saying " taking back our club" or similar tripe.

Manchester media means they won’t get lambasted. We would be judged differently you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Chelsea fans have already protested to be fair.

Neither Chelsea or City were interested in the ESL . Both had to go along while it was on the cards as they would be left behind with the rest if they hadn’t.

The moment they could they walked out on it:

But you are right - both clubs won the lotto and Shitty fans still pinching themselves.
    Interesting opinion Steveo and one I think I agree with you on.

Why would they want an esl, it would just make the traditional big clubs revenue grow and require them to dig deeper into their pockets/national reserve to keep spending at a higher level than their rivals.

Of course if it went ahead, they needed to be in it to keep their revenue streams growing.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Totally mate, there would be fucking he'll on if that was Liverpool fans. All over tomorrow's papers, disgrace to the game etc etc.
    Yet I'm thinking tomorrows papers will be saying " taking back our club" or similar tripe.
    Think it will be these fans were guilty of a criminal offense. The fact they were supposedly involved in a peaceful protest ok but that ceases to be such once they break into Property not belonging to them.

Was it planned for the game too be cancelled? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Was it planned for the game too be cancelled? Does anyone know?
    What ? Like the board facilitating the protestors breaking into the grounds ?

I think the fans have, like the general public for the last 4 decades, been sold an incredible whopper on this entire ESL business

Let's clear this up

It was never these clubs intentions to leave their domestic Leagues, the proposed ESL was a relatively small league that would have amounted to the same number of games as the 2024 Champions League format

UK football was never under threat, not at all, these clubs, in my opinion, except City and Chelsea, were keen on effectively having their own Champions League competition, to generate more funds to compete with other top clubs in their league, in our league City especially

The ESL was never a threat to football as we know it, it was simply these clubs trying to start a new Champions League style competition in which they got their fair share of the revenue so that all the Premier League scroungers, who wanted to null and void last season and deny us the title so they could continue receiving TV revenue they hadn't earned, would still get millions in TV revenue from the Premier League they don't bring in
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

There’s talk that the game will be replayed at an alternative venue. No way can they guarantee safety at OT. Personally, I’m not arsed.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!