Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What ? Like the board facilitating the protestors breaking into the grounds ?
    No, ya edjit !! From the protesters. Was that the masterplan or did someone just get to the gate ( I'm assuming the one in the corner were tractors and such things can get on the pitch ) and it opened so they just all walked in.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Was it planned for the game too be cancelled? Does anyone know?
    That was their aim allegedly. To get the game stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    There’s talk that the game will be replayed at an alternative venue. No way can they guarantee safety at OT. Personally, I’m not arsed.
    Coming to America, at the end of the season !!!

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Think it will be these fans were guilty of a criminal offense. The fact they were supposedly involved in a peaceful protest ok but that ceases to be such once they break into Property not belonging to them.
    Throwing barriers at cops too.

Apparently they got down to the dressing rooms. I hope the Liverpool lads weren't there beforehand getting the dressing room sorted. They'd of shit themselves seeing them all piling in !!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    There’s talk that the game will be replayed at an alternative venue. No way can they guarantee safety at OT. Personally, I’m not arsed.
    Some Mancs have been in the dressing rooms, this obviously requires the affected areas to be fumigated, which could take over a week
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Some Mancs have been in the dressing rooms, this obviously requires the affected areas to be fumigated, which could take over a week
    How will they know it's clean when it's always stunk of piss 😃😃

How will they know it's clean when it's always stunk of piss ����
    Well, it did if you were Mike Phelan
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think the fans have, like the general public for the last 4 decades, been sold an incredible whopper on this entire ESL business

Let's clear this up

It was never these clubs intentions to leave their domestic Leagues, the proposed ESL was a relatively small league that would have amounted to the same number of games as the 2024 Champions League format

UK football was never under threat, not at all, these clubs, in my opinion, except City and Chelsea, were keen on effectively having their own Champions League competition, to generate more funds to compete with other top clubs in their league, in our league City especially

The ESL was never a threat to football as we know it, it was simply these clubs trying to start a new Champions League style competition in which they got their fair share of the revenue so that all the Premier League scroungers, who wanted to null and void last season and deny us the title so they could continue receiving TV revenue they hadn't earned, would still get millions in TV revenue from the Premier League they don't bring in
    Agree, barcas rise in revenue in large parts over recent years came from taking business in under the clubs control.

Like you said with the ridiculous costs involved with sly/bt/amazon, what revenue could the club generate themselves from their viewerships.
    Much smaller subscription costs to watch all lfc games plus the add revenue for such big events.
    The clubs not seeing a lot of money from its wealth generation. Other clubs and companies are seeing the benefits

See a lot of people were praising Leeds for their pr stunt. Spent a 100 million last summer, a net spend over the last 5-6 seasons comparable with Real Madrid.
    13-14 of the richest European clubs are pl sides, yet they have no problem benefiting themselves. Just the greed of those above them.

Everton out spent us by a fair bit since Klopp arrived, no greed when spending millions jus ambition. FSG look for more money to spend and it's not ambition, its greed.
    A tournament that would have raised more money and taxes than the CL.

Can see why most of the traditional big clubs were in for it bar Bayern. Imo the esl arose as the institutions of football had failed. Institutions come out of it with a free pass.

More complaining & protests about the esl than the qatar world cup, city getting away with breaching ffp etc, UEFA officials being bribed.

No, ya edjit !! From the protesters. Was that the masterplan or did someone just get to the gate ( I'm assuming the one in the corner were tractors and such things can get on the pitch ) and it opened so they just all walked in.
    Be clearer no idea
    Could have been a protest and matter of misfortune they got on the pitch as you describe, certainly caught the most attention.
    Can't call old Trafford a fortress now