Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1417181920212223242526272829303134 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

This isn’t the full picture but it attempts to explain why we have BT Sport - the reasons they emerged and why they are up for sale.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ke-in-bt-sport

No news yet the game not be today im guessing tomorrow is best bet with 6pm kick off.

We wont make CL but we should not have to play 3 games in 6 days at the end of the season this is not our doing.

We had to play kids in a QF cup game last year and if need be United should have to do the same.

A protest that is fine but stopping a game going ahead is totally different the advantage should be with us now.

Neville is a shop steward or thinks he is and I didnt like his "FSG tried to furlough Liverpool players" line either which is completely false.

United have a problem with Glazers I get it best way to get them out is to stop paying for tickets and club shop gifts etc ...I know you then risk losing your seat but if you care that much prove it.

You can't have a game postponed without serious consequences. The premier league should make cunts out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    You can't have a game postponed without serious consequences. The premier league should make cunts out of them.
    This is true, I still believe they must be made to forfeit the game, however unpopular that may be with other sides chasing European competition, they allowed things to develop that it was in their power and was their responsibility as the home club to prevent from doing so, that because of COVID protocols, made it impossible for the game to be played

They're talking on Sky about moving our West Brom game to next midweek and playing the filthy on the weekend we were scheduled to play West Brom now, that absolutely should not happen, we're desperately fighting for European competition too and it is not our fault or problem that the game was postponed and we should not lose and rest days or alter our schedule to make it a better situation for the Mancs to play the game

They should be made to forfeit the game, end of, if The Premier League insist it is rescheduled, we should have a major say in when the date is as we are the team that has been inconvenienced by their appalling bungling of safety and security, if it means they have to play 2 games in 2 days or 3 days, tough fucking shit, it's their fuck up and their thick as shit fans fault
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Well they seem to be getting an easy ride from the press for it.

Game has to be tomorrow no other options as United will be in EL Final 3 days after season finishes ...then you have the issue of City/Chelsea potentially in the CL final a week after season finishes.

Im just glad this wasnt our fans doing this I mean it needs to be clamped down on as other clubs fans could do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well they seem to be getting an easy ride from the press for it.

Game has to be tomorrow no other options as United will be in EL Final 3 days after season finishes ...then you have the issue of City/Chelsea potentially in the CL final a week after season finishes.

Im just glad this wasnt our fans doing this I mean it needs to be clamped down on as other clubs fans could do the same.
    Neville was actively encouraging their fans to continue creating issues, surely Ofcom and the police have to act on this and his position as a Sky pundit should become untenable, Neville knows full well he is a Manchester United icon and that the nonsense he purports carries great weight with their fans and to act as irresponsibly as he has throughout the entire ESL debacle and continue doing so even after yesterday is absolutely inexcusable.

Neville also knows only too well that their fans behaviour yesterday had precious little to do with the ESL proposals, they were just an excuse for them to try and oust the Glazers, because although the Glazers have backed all their managers heavily, they are unable to compete with City and they'd want them to leave and get owners who will throw money at it like the United Arab Emirates

FA rules and Premier League rules differ apparently
    According to the FA's rulebook in section 8.3.4, it states that United could be found to have been at fault for the match not going ahead and see Liverpool awarded three points.

It reads: "In the event of a match being abandoned due to the conduct of one Club or its members or supporters the Board has the power to order that the match is not replayed and to award either one or three points to the Club not at fault.
    However, due to the fact that the police were among those to decide that the game could not commence, the Premier League would state that the decision was not up to United.

Section L.12 states: "A League Match shall not be postponed or abandoned except: (L.12.1.) when on the date fixed for it to be played either the Home Club or the Visiting Club is competing in a competition permitted by Rules L.9.1, L.9.2, and L.9.3; (L.12.2.) with the approval of or on the instructions of the officiating referee; (L.12.3.) by order of the police; (L.12.4.) by order of any other authority exercising its statutory powers to that effect; or (L.12.5.) on the instructions of or with the prior written consent of the Board."
    I think our club should fight for the filthy to forfeit, the game could not have gone ahead because of COVID protocols, the police did get involved in the discussion to postpone, but that wasn't the reason the game was postpones, it couldn't have gone ahead anyway

Oh, I wasn't aware of this, just read that the filthy fans entering the pitch should have immediately seen the game called off as the area is considered a red zone in Covid protocols only to be accessed by people who have had a recent negative Covid test, so again, regardless of our club agreeing to the postponement and police involvement in that, which the Premier League could try and use as an excuse not to justly penalise United with forfeiting the game, there's really no excuse not to, as the game should have been called off as soon as their bungling security staff had allowed fans into the stadium and onto the pitch

Would be amazed (and pleasantly surprised) if we are given the 3 points by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Would be amazed (and pleasantly surprised) if we are given the 3 points by default.
    Under the FA's rules on the issue we absolutely should be

But for the mention of police involvement in the decision in the Premier League's rules we absolutely should be as the police involvement in the decision isn't the reason the game was cancelled, it would have had to be cancelled due to breaches of Covid protocol and red zones

It also has to be said that the kind of behaviour displayed for whatever reasons cannot go without punishment and nor can United's complete inability to prepare adequate security arrangements ahead of the game in full knowledge their was a protest planned for the game 9 days in advance of it

The Premier League and FA need to show some balls and take strong decisive action