Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1619202122232425262728293031323336 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Apologies if it’s been asked before but are there any scenarios where fifth place leads to CL qualification? A win in the Europa or CL for one of the top four, for example
    It's on a thread entitled Cl and El places.

Chelsea would have to win it and miss out on top 4. Then whoever gets 5th place would get in. So probably Spurs or West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Chelsea would have to win it and miss out on top 4. Then whoever gets 5th place would get in. So probably Spurs or West Ham
    Spurs and West Ham can only get in CL by finishing 4th even that may not be enough if Chelsea finish 5th then win CL and Arsenal win the EL.

I think its not worth worrying about it will be City Utd Chelsea Leicester nobody is catching them.

Arsenal could be the 5th team in the CL but its a big ask for them.

Quite right - I meant to say 4th not 5th - apologies.

Basically we can have 5 teams in the CL if the winners this season miss out on top 4. I did completely forget about Arsenal though. They just might do it.

That would leave us totally out in the cold

In that case, here’s to Villareal!

Quite right - I meant to say 4th not 5th - apologies.

Basically we can have 5 teams in the CL if the winners this season miss out on top 4. I did completely forget about Arsenal though. They just might do it.

That would leave us totally out in the cold
    Arsenal could finish 11th and get in 🤣🤣

Still if they beat United in the final im in.

Yep - would defo be supporting them v the filth

That’s BT 19 - one of the largest companies on the planet BTW - not BT Sport which is just a recent addition and is actually up for sale.
    And Steveo, because you are missing the point about the majority of their profits having come through their right to broadcast Champions League and Premier League games and how they have achieved that and it reinforces my point about it, I'll enlighten you.

The article i read says that through offering package deals, rather than football only or even pay per team or match deals, them having the rights to broadcast football and how they have used that to get fans to take their broadband and line rental together with fans who didn't want their services for those things so were made to pay £360 per year for a sports package, again including other sports they didn't want, and the money they've made from advertising and sponsorship from other sports they used those fans money to invest in/branch out into across 650 million viewers worldwide, is responsible for the vast majority of their profits

Who are the greedy ones Steveo?

I thought you of all people would understand my point and how that had worked for them without the need for my elaboration
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I don’t know what point I am
    missing 19 but seems to me that you are mixing up BT the behemoth company with the BT Sport.

Do you even know how much BT ( the company ) has spent to secure CL broadcast rights for BT Sport since 2015?

BT sport only exists to stop the haemorrhaging of broadband subscription and line rental to sky. It was never a long term plan simply a way to stop BT losing telecoms. Done it’s job. And they are wanting out. Way way way too expensive for them

As for greed - broadcasters can be as bad as any - sky are pure filth BUT without them the big clubs would have far less in revenues than they have been enjoying for years.

It’s all greed 19 but the owners of the clubs driving for the ESL are off the chart.

I am
    missing 19
    Awwwww thanks Steveo, but don't worry, I'm still here

Anyone heard from Noods or have any way of contacting him? I think most of us here would really like to make sure he's ok
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”