Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1821222324252627282930313233343538 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

I'm revising my line up to 4312

Alisson

Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson

Thiago Fabinho Wijnaldum

Firmino

Salah Mane

Every time we play 433 Shaw has Mo in his pocket, and we seem ti insist on Mane continually trying to beat Wan Bissaka, who is very good one v one, both also like to get forward, I think we need to try and be smart and line up 4312, but the 2 up top will play with a lot of movement and variation and there should always be one more central and one pulling wider to their more usual position and we should always leave one up even when we're having to defend

What we do know about the filthy is both full backs now get forward, Shaw more than Wan Bissaka, so Mo should probably be the one central more frequently with Mane in his more usual position, coming into the centre quickly when Mo goes wide right or inside right.

If we start like this and don't play Mo up against Shaw, Shaw will more likely go forward more, and we can look to release Mo with balls over the top down our right and him making inside out runs from centre to right when we win the ball and Shaw is forward.

Wan Bissaka is an absolutely excellent defender in one v ones, we need to exploit how poor he is when he's isolated 2v1 with another player quickly joining to make it a 3v1 as he is absolutely useless in these situations when teams try to quickly get 2 or 3 in his area and pass and move around him, we always seem to make the mistake of having Mane always trying to take him on and playing to Wan Bissaka's strengths

Ball zipped into Mane's feet and a quick lay off to the onrushing Robbo and an immediate spin and look to run in behind by Mane with the one or Gini quickly joining to be the player for Robbo to find to release Mane. Wan Bissaka is useless when you get players around him like this

Mo should always be upfield for me, looking to make those runs into the space behind Shaw or for balls over the top to get in a foot race with Maguire

The other things they aren't good at is balls played in from deep early in behind their 2 CBs when we have runners, like Robbo's ball for Mo's goal v City last season and they absolutely suck at balls played/crossed early into the box recycled from clearances or when it's played back to a player such as Trent or Robbo when the forward has run the ball to the line wide, both their CB's come too far across, need a runner from far post to centre and one from centre just inside/outside the box to between penalty spot and near post for these situations

they are piss weak and very doable and exploitable in all these situations and we have exactly the players we need to exploit them

So, another comfortable 3-0 no dramas win for our lads
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Actually, Gini better play RCM as they'll likely play Pogbra on their left and I wouldn't choose Thiago to play up against his power and strength

Kabak unlikely to be fit so it will be Fabinho at CB.

No chance Rhys plays in that one.

Milner Thiago Gini in midfield is my guess.

Has Jurgen said that about Kabak Legs? Before yesterday’s game it was supposed to be a minor knock

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Has Jurgen said that about Kabak Legs? Before yesterday’s game it was supposed to be a minor knock
    I actually think Kabak and Millie will both be fine, I think Jurgen took a risk yesterday trying to coax Ole into thinking we'd be more understrength than we would be, so he'd maybe be tempted to go stronger against Leicester and rest a few v us

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Klopp told Sky Sports before kick-off: “With Millie, it’s not a big thing but I expect him back maybe next week or something like that.

“With Ozan, we don’t know exactly, we have to wait and see a little bit. It’s a muscle thing, it happened without any real intensity but still serious enough for not being involved. The same for Ben Davies.”
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Ben Davies is a big miss

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Kabak unlikely to be fit so it will be Fabinho at CB.

No chance Rhys plays in that one.

Milner Thiago Gini in midfield is my guess.
    Suspect this will be how it pans out alright.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I would keep Philips and Williams in there. They did nothing wrong last night and we kept a clean sheet. That's assuming Kabak is out.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I would keep Philips and Williams in there. They did nothing wrong last night and we kept a clean sheet. That's assuming Kabak is out.
    I absolutely agree, although I'm not a fan of Fab at all, he is the best available option we have for No6 right now and the midfield will be very important and he can be a liability at CB at times as much as Williams can, so I'd keep Williams and Phillips at CB and play Fab in midfield if Kabak isn't available, with Gini at RCM as they'll likely play Pogba on their left and Thiago at LCM to get forward more, see if he can add to his goal tally or tee someone else up