Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1922232425262728293031323334353639 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Fathead Maguire likely to be out of the game against our lads with a twisted ankle
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fathead Maguire likely to be out of the game against our lads with a twisted ankle
    Good news I think! Unfortunately we'll probably rack up 4 new injuries before Thursday. Someone really needs to look at what we're doing in training.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Good news I think! Unfortunately we'll probably rack up 4 new injuries before Thursday. Someone really needs to look at what we're doing in training.
    But according to our physio Chris Morgan's LinkedIn profile he is the perfect man to negate such issues. Signed back from Arsenal. Who appointed him?
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chris-morgan-88045b38

Regardless of who we play at CB they are all slow and will struggle vs manus pace and cavanis runs.

We only win this if the front 3 finally get some luck and take most of the few chances we create while we keep it defensively tight.

Arsenal had loads of injuries as well when he was their physio
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    But according to our physio Chris Morgan's LinkedIn profile he is the perfect man to negate such issues. Signed back from Arsenal. Who appointed him?
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chris-morgan-88045b38
    Apparently he’s set his social media profile to private today after people started to question his time at Arsenal and Crystal Palace, both of whom had periods where they were plagued with injuries under his watch.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Regardless of who we play at CB they are all slow and will struggle vs manus pace and cavanis runs.

We only win this if the front 3 finally get some luck and take most of the few chances we create while we keep it defensively tight.
    We definitely have to prioritise the defensive tightness I feel. Don't see us conjuring 3 or 4 goals. It's a case of "can we get one, possibly two?" and "can we keep a clean sheet" and "can we do both?"

Also, if we draw, which, let's be honest, is likely enough, we have to keep our heads. Leicester have 3 fixtures left and could very realistically win one, draw one and lose one, landing them on 67 points - the exact total that 3 wins and a draw would take us to - it really isn't beyond the realms of possibility that ourselves (3 wins and a draw), West Ham (3 wins) and Leicester (win, draw, loss) all end up on 67 at the end, with us attaining 4th due to goal difference (currently 2 worse off than Leicester, 10 better off than West Ham) on the last day.

So with all that said, if we do get a draw, rather than the win we all crave, we can't quit. If you subscribe to the idea that 4th was "lost" with the draws against Newcastle and Leeds, then we have nothing to lose anyway. Trent's late winner v Aston Villa could prove to be massive yet.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

We are clearly not good enough.

Alisson MOTM v the Saints minus their only goal scorer..

Anyone who has been watching this season will know it was a miracle that we ever got to top spot at Christmas. The 7:0 at Palace - we should have been out of the game at HT - Palace were all over us - should have been 4 goals up. The 1:1 draw at Fulham - they had us on the ropes and but for VAR we lose that game too.

We are toast. If you honestly expect anything from Old Toilet you are in for long night.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We are clearly not good enough.

Alisson MOTM v the Saints minus their only goal scorer..

Anyone who has been watching this season will know it was a miracle that we ever got to top spot at Christmas. The 7:0 at Palace - we should have been out of the game at HT - Palace were all over us - should have been 4 goals up. The 1:1 draw at Fulham - they had us on the ropes and but for VAR we lose that game too.

We are toast. If you honestly expect anything from Old Toilet you are in for long night.
    I'm expecting a fine win for our lads, the filthy lost to Sheffield UTD, drew with Arsenal, Everton, West Brom, Palace and Leeds, all this year when they were supposed to be in a purple patch challenging for the title and had practically all their players fit

They're only good when teams stand off them and let them play

Most of Cavani's goals are from crosses when the player crossing the ball has not been closed down and has been given all the time in the world to look for Cavani and Cavani has been given all the time in the world to make sure he's onside and position himself ready for his run to meet the cross. Almost all I have seen could have been prevented by the crosser being closed down quicker and the defenders paying more attention to Cavani's position and stepping up as the cross was about to come in, he has almost always positioned himself to run off a defender who is a little deeper straying from the line

A feature of the filthy's play is crosses for Cavani and to play mostly to a player in the centre through the centre, to then play it out wide, with the player in the centre quite often found with an outside in run from their wider position left or right

Teams that set up right, stop the balls through the centre reaching those players and close down any potential crosses into the box very quickly

What fucking game were you watching Steveo, we were 1-0 up in 2 minutes, they had a chance to equalise on 26 minutes but fluffed their final ball and we went 2-0 on 34 minutes, a quick look at the stats show that Palace only mustered 5 shots in the entire game and only 3 of them on target and 35% possession, your recollection of the game is well off the mark and quite frankly fantasy bordering on the ridiculous.

"Should have been 4-0 up" when we scored on 2m 10 seconds and they only managed 3 shots on target the entire game and only 5 in total, get a fucking grip
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 10th May 2021 at 08:38 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

My worry is the team sheet Ole puts out tomorrow he has spoke of a few U23s getting game time.

I think Leicester will beat them as they obviously not go full strength.

We havent been good enough over the season but I still want/think you play to win if you are a big club.

We beat Blackburn last game of a season once and if United had won at West Ham they would have had a title....modern fans would probably be against that now!

Remember bitter fans with tickets wanting them to lose to City a 5-6 years back I just cant get my head around it ....if I thought like that I would just give up on the game.