Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    My worry is the team sheet Ole puts out tomorrow he has spoke of a few U23s getting game time.

I think Leicester will beat them as they obviously not go full strength.

We havent been good enough over the season but I still want/think you play to win if you are a big club.

We beat Blackburn last game of a season once and if United had won at West Ham they would have had a title....modern fans would probably be against that now!

Remember bitter fans with tickets wanting them to lose to City a 5-6 years back I just cant get my head around it ....if I thought like that I would just give up on the game.
    I don't care who they put out v Leicester or who they put out against us, we have to beat whoever we play against, they're only good if you sit off and let them play and they're actually incredibly dull to watch, they're not a good side and not a good side at all if they are attacked and pressed

I remember the first meeting this season Neville prattling on about them having to play the team in front of them not the reputation, the actual truth was, they weren't able to attack us like they do sides that stand off them so easily for the vast majority of the game, because we pressed them and attacked them and didn't give them all the time in the world to construct their attacks.

In the cup game, we were well below full strength and they had their best 11 out except for resting Fernandes until just after the hour, our 2 CBs were Fabinho and R.Williams, our midfield was Milner Gini Thiago, our forward line was Jones Bobby Mo, yet we still enjoyed almost 60% possession, more shots from inside the box, we have more players available who are more used to playing together for this game, and Mane is getting back to much better form having scored 2 in his last 3, we have the option of Jota we didn't have the last time.

Also although our backline is vulnerable at present, theirs is still vulnerable at full strength and equally as vulnerable as ours if they have to make just one or two changes and it looks like they're going to have to play Bailly for Fat head, they're literally all over the place whenever they change just one CB
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We would put out a reserve side too if we played Tuesday - Thursday. They have played 9 games to our 7 already since the start of April - will be 10 games to our 7 by Thursday.

We have no excuses but I don’t expect any kind of result. Will be over the moon if we do it but can’t see it.
    Last edited by Steveo; 10th May 2021 at 09:33 PM.

My worry is the team sheet Ole puts out tomorrow he has spoke of a few U23s getting game time.

I think Leicester will beat them as they obviously not go full strength.

We havent been good enough over the season but I still want/think you play to win if you are a big club.

We beat Blackburn last game of a season once and if United had won at West Ham they would have had a title....modern fans would probably be against that now!

Remember bitter fans with tickets wanting them to lose to City a 5-6 years back I just cant get my head around it ....if I thought like that I would just give up on the game.
    Better for us if Leicester lose at United.

We just need to get the win, you suspect Leicester will have a walk in the park tomorrow night, although the filthy have a big squad and given how few minutes many of his senior squad players have played, he doesn't have any excuse not to play those players, pretty sure you can still land in hot water for playing seriously understrength sides without good cause

My strategy would be beat the filthy bastards, but as they'll look to hand Leicester a free hit, I'd put a couple on the bench I don't mind losing for 3 games and bring them on to take a couple of theirs out ahead of their Europa League final if my original strategy didn't work if they want to try play dirty games, I'd return the favour

Neco and Tsimikas seem good options for doing someone's ligaments, won't be needing them for the rest of the season anyway
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 10th May 2021 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Yeah it is but now they have qualified for CL they wont be fussed.

I know what you are saying Nineteen they do have reserves like Bailly Mata Van Der Beek Matic but as you tell us you need a settled side.

I just dont think we will beat them in fact I am convinced of it the way lower teams are getting in behind us easily means we need to score at least two to win.

Ole will be allowed to play reserves he has already dropped that in his presser and he will say we cant play same team 4 times in 7-8 days.

Ole is right by the way but its how this whole season has played out.

Yeah it is but now they have qualified for CL they wont be fussed.

I know what you are saying Nineteen they do have reserves like Bailly Mata Van Der Beek Matic but as you tell us you need a settled side.

I just dont think we will beat them in fact I am convinced of it the way lower teams are getting in behind us easily means we need to score at least two to win.

Ole will be allowed to play reserves he has already dropped that in his presser and he will say we cant play same team 4 times in 7-8 days.

Ole is right by the way but its how this whole season has played out.
    De Gea, Williams, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Telles, Matic Van De Beek, Mata, Ighalo, Diallo all players who have barely featured in recent league games and only started any game recently in their second leg v Roma

I actually suspect Ole might take 3 or 4 of his big guns on the bench, however incredibly unlikely, while the title is still not mathematically beyond them, that he will want to win this game, if Jurgen fielded a reserve side when we had much better options to use in their current position, I wouldn't be at all happy, especially given in their games against us this season when we were even more below full strength than we are at present, it's very likely they could lose their game against us in any event

Edit: No Ighalo they loaned him apparently
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 10th May 2021 at 10:31 PM.

Another thing Oliver was original ref but here is the team for Thursday.

Taylor - ref (Manc)
    Tierney - VAR (Manc)
    Coote - 4th official we know how good he is as well but at least he aint on VAR

Another thing Oliver was original ref but here is the team for Thursday.

Taylor - ref (Manc)
    Tierney - VAR (Manc)
    Coote - 4th official we know how good he is as well but at least he aint on VAR
    Quite sure Taylor's a blue Manc if his failure to send Kompany off for a 2 footed off the ground lunge on Mo in the 18-19 title decider is anything to go by, other than that and one other game he has never been a bad ref for us, I'm quite confident we'll get the win we need, our players have turned up pretty consistently for the big games this season and are pretty well rested, don't blame Ole for playing his second string, even resting his players for Leicester ahead of the game v us, their players have still played a lot more football than our in the last few weeks and I still think he really will want to win v Leicester who are missing Evans and may even rest a few of their own ahead of the cup final
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 10th May 2021 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    A Leicester loss definitely opens the door a bit further for us.