Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Thursday night European football awaits... The only silver lining if this is confirmed is that Klopp can play the reserves in Europe and focus on the league
    A couple of sides have won the UEFA Cup/Europa League 3 times, only one side has more and that's Sevilla with 6 wins.

If we're in it, I hope we win it. Plenty of players at plenty of the foreign clubs take the Europa seriously enough, especially those who want to climb the career ladder.

I really hope none of our fans think it's beneath us - a small gathering of folk on the 14th of April of 2016 certainly looked up for it -

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Let's just focus on the game v the filthy, getting the win and another vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    at the end of the day, if we are relying on city to beat chelsea and utd to beat leicester for us to get into the champions league .. Forget it. Firstly we are the last club either would do any favours for and secondly, when you have such an abysmal home record against burnley, fulham, west brom and newcastle you really are not good enough to finish in the top four.
    absolutely no one to blame but ourselves.
    qft
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Totally agree with Miller. Our disgusting home record has all lead to this. Scraping the barrel wanting other sides to do us a favour.
    It's embarrassing and no bollox about injuries or VAR changes it.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Totally agree with Miller. Our disgusting home record has all lead to this. Scraping the barrel wanting other sides to do us a favour.
    It's embarrassing and no bollox about injuries or VAR changes it.
    If that tonight doesn't drive us on next season nothing will.
    It could very possibly be a blessing that Jurgen won't never forget.

I would rather gain entry into a CL season by finishing in the top 4, not by winning a competition I have no interest in. If other people think differently that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A couple of sides have won the UEFA Cup/Europa League 3 times, only one side has more and that's Sevilla with 6 wins.

If we're in it, I hope we win it. Plenty of players at plenty of the foreign clubs take the Europa seriously enough, especially those who want to climb the career ladder.

I really hope none of our fans think it's beneath us - a small gathering of folk on the 14th of April of 2016 certainly looked up for it -

I'd like for us to win the Europa League too if we're in it. Despite winning the champions league and falling short of winning the league by a single point in 2019 I don't think we have a strong enough squad to go all out for the league and Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If that tonight doesn't drive us on next season nothing will.
    It could very possibly be a blessing that Jurgen won't never forget.
    What tonight Ian? Solksjaer having 5 games in 10 games so having to play his second string? It's well known I absolutely loathe the filthy, largely because of the preferential treatment they get and have been given since the 90's and then even moreso after my own experience with Mancs, but to be fair, he actually looked gutted to have lost tonight and under the circumstances, he couldn't have fielded another side, he actually included Bailly, who will have to play against us and that surprised me to be honest.

I think as a club we are too soft, I guess when you're in the middle of a situation like the one that happened at OT to prevent your game being played, it's all a bit surreal, you seem to be waiting around for ages, then you're probably rushed for a decision.

Had any member of our staff had the thought that Covid protocols had obviously been breached and rather than agreeing to a postponement, made the filthy pull the game for those reasons, they absolutely would have had to forfeit the game, I think because it was very apparent they had to postpone the game for those reasons anyway that they should have been made to, but that's us as a club too much of the time, a soft touch and another good example of the preferential treatment they receive, had our fans caused the game to be abandoned for the same reasons, you can guarantee we'd have been made to forfeit it

Seems a few of the rags aren't at all happy about last night's shenanigans either Ian
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 12th May 2021 at 02:32 AM.

Still, no better time for Jurgen to raise the lads to their first win at Old Toilet under him

Harvey Elliott will surely be in the squad having returned from his highly successful loan spell you'd think, Edit: sack that he can't play I've just discovered