Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Allison

Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson

Milner Fabinho Thiago

Salah Firmino Mane

Keep focused ready to win as though the game is going ahead Liverpool, even though it might not
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Liverpool

1 Alisson
    66 Alexander-Arnold
    47 Phillips
    19 Kabak
    26 Robertson
    6 Thiago Alcántara
    3 Fabinho
    7 Milner
    11 Salah
    9 Firmino
    10Mané

Substitutes
    5 Wijnaldum
    8 Keita
    13 Adrián
    15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
    17 Jones
    20 Jota
    21 Tsimikas
    23 Shaqiri
    46 R Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    United haven’t had a manager capable of stepping out of the shadow left by Ferguson. He is a tough act to follow.

God help whoever follows Jurgen.. Not that he has one a tenth as much but you get the point.

Unless this season is his attempt at smoothing that over

They shoulda kept Giggs.he was the answer. if you ever needed a woman beating, sister in law fucker..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well we can probably take the day off not sure this is going ahead today.
    Its going ahead, just delayed according to tv just now.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Its going ahead, just delayed according to tv just now.
    If a fan has got into the changing room which some media are saying how can it go ahead with Covid rules etc ??

I hope Trent and Robertson are on their game as there's no assists coming from that midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm revising my line up to 4312

Alisson

Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson

Thiago Fabinho Wijnaldum

Firmino/Jota

Salah Mane

Every time we play 433 Shaw has Mo in his pocket, and we seem ti insist on Mane continually trying to beat Wan Bissaka, who is very good one v one, both also like to get forward, I think we need to try and be smart and line up 4312, but the 2 up top will play with a lot of movement and variation and there should always be one more central and one pulling wider to their more usual position and we should always leave one up even when we're having to defend

What we do know about the filthy is both full backs now get forward, Shaw more than Wan Bissaka, so Mo should probably be the one central more frequently with Mane in his more usual position, coming into the centre quickly when Mo goes wide right or inside right.

If we start like this and don't play Mo up against Shaw, Shaw will more likely go forward more, and we can look to release Mo with balls over the top down our right and him making inside out runs from centre to right when we win the ball and Shaw is forward.

Wan Bissaka is an absolutely excellent defender in one v ones, we need to exploit how poor he is when he's isolated 2v1 with another player quickly joining to make it a 3v1 as he is absolutely useless in these situations when teams try to quickly get 2 or 3 in his area and pass and move around him, we always seem to make the mistake of having Mane always trying to take him on and playing to Wan Bissaka's strengths

Ball zipped into Mane's feet and a quick lay off to the onrushing Robbo and an immediate spin and look to run in behind by Mane with the one or Gini quickly joining to be the player for Robbo to find to release Mane. Wan Bissaka is useless when you get players around him like this

Mo should always be upfield for me, looking to make those runs into the space behind Shaw or for balls over the top to get in a foot race with Maguire

The other things they aren't good at is balls played in from deep early in behind their 2 CBs when we have runners, like Robbo's ball for Mo's goal v City last season and they absolutely suck at balls played/crossed early into the box recycled from clearances or when it's played back to a player such as Trent or Robbo when the forward has run the ball to the line wide, both their CB's come too far across, need a runner from far post to centre and one from centre just inside/outside the box to between penalty spot and near post for these situations

they are piss weak and very doable and exploitable in all these situations and we have exactly the players we need to exploit them
    could Firmino drop back into Midfield......I mean as a future option......wouldnt be the same sort of pressure to get goals...

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    If a fan has got into the changing room which some media are saying how can it go ahead with Covid rules etc ??
    No idea, only going off what was said a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Neville doing his PR act again. Absolute knob, I'm so tired of him now. The fucking gaul of that "chat" with Scudamore was the height of hypocrisy.
    Scudamore having the brass neck to criticise was unreal.
    Scudamore, the disgraced ex Premier League CEO who said and enforced the mantra "When United do well we all do well" and The Premier League, FA and refs association have been doing that ever since, even though they are a God awful spectacle to watch in most of their games and they haven't even been the best team in Manchester for a decade, let alone the Premier League

Neville can fuck right off, the top teams should get their fair share of the TV money for one, it shouldn't be on them to subsidise clubs trying to usurp them, it is frankly an absolutely ridiculous situation

The fans should go after Neville, Sky and BT Sport and City, they are the ones absolutely fleecing them by failing to offer lower cost football only, even team only sports packages

The fact none of these pundits or the Premier League or FA do or say a damned thing about City is frankly embarrassing, City are a major problem, they are turning all the domestic competitions into one team competitions, they are wrecking the game, people whine on about the TV money and a 4 or 5 team league, we've got a fucking one team league right now stupid cunts AND the other big clubs who bring the money in need the money they bring in instead of it being given as a free hand out to numerous other clubs to make the league competitive and be able to build squads that can be far more competitive with City

If they don't do something to reign in City's spending, which makes the money arguments worse because they push up transfer fees and wages for every other club, it will kill the viewing figures, then they won't have so much in free hand outs anyway

A reminder, the TV money only really got huge in the last 15-20 years, all these clubs getting a free hand out survived and existed and managed themselves perfectly well before it and run properly, there's no reason they can't do so again

I'm not suggesting making the adjustments to TV money immediately, start immediately, but make the amount given in free hand outs to clubs who don't earn it reduced over a 5 year period
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Both teams still in their hotels. This match if it does happen won't be starting for a while.