Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: CL Predictions - Semifinals

Real Madrid 2-1 Chelsea
    PSG 2-1 Man City

Real Madrid 2-1 Chelsea
    PSG 3-1 City

Pulisic scores for Chelsea, bizarre goal, both Real defenders ran back towards their own goal and left Courtois to have to go and challenge him, really odd defending
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Real Madrid 1 Chelski 1
    Chelski 1 Real Madrid 0

PSG 1 City 1
    City 1 PSG 0

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Pulisic scores for Chelsea, bizarre goal, both Real defenders ran back towards their own goal and left Courtois to have to go and challenge him, really odd defending
    Yes they all just stood off him in the area and let him shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Yes they all just stood off him in the area and let him shoot.
    To be honest, we should have beaten Chelsea in the second meeting, Mane missed a glorious early chance and although at the time I thought Kante's handball was 'too close' to give, I later learned that the law is it is a penalty regardless if the ball strikes the players hand and his hand is above his shoulder, which it was, we controlled most of that game and were only stretched by long balls for Werner because of the lack of pace in our defence

Real we were appalling first leg, Fab leaving Modric to tee up their third was a disaster, as was Jota not pressing Kroos, second leg, like so many of our games this season, we should have beat then by 3 or 4

Benzema levels, WHAT a fucking player he has always been, always loved Benzema

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    To be honest, we should have beaten Chelsea in the second meeting, Mane missed a glorious early chance and although at the time I thought Kante's handball was 'too close' to give, I later learned that the law is it is a penalty regardless if the ball strikes the players hand and his hand is above his shoulder, which it was, we controlled most of that game and were only stretched by long balls for Werner because of the lack of pace in our defence

Real we were appalling first leg, Fab leaving Modric to tee up their third was a disaster, as was Jota not pressing Kroos, second leg, like so many of our games this season, we should have beat then by 3 or 4
    The story of this season..."wouldof" "shouldof" "couldof" but alas failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    The story of this season..."wouldof" "shouldof" "couldof" but alas failed miserably.
    It is, VAR robbed us of 12 points this season with which we'd comfortably be top four and not too far off City and that affected our confidence and form to see us drop 18 or more points in other games we should have comfortably won, it's been our finishing or rather our lack of it that has cost us more than anything else this season, we've missed so many chances, so many glorious early chances in games too and also wasted so many glorious opportunities to put one on a plate

We've also missed a lot of goals from corners through not having a commanding CB who is a major threat in the mix at them, that has been a massive miss, if we do sign Konate then hopefully next season we'll have 2 in there for every corner, that alone will make a huge difference. A big reason Trent and Robbo's assist numbers are down is because they both used to get a fair few from corners and free kicks because of who they had to aim for in the box and the space that afforded other players
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 27th April 2021 at 08:49 PM.

Think Zidane needs to switch to his usual back four set up or the second half